Goal line technology

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The Worst Umpiring Decision of all time

I thought it was just. These guys don't have a difficult job. They watch the ball go over the line or the foot go over the line, if they can't do that, they shouldn't be there. He is getting paid good money for a job that he is clearly inept at. Millions of people can do what he does. He doesn't desever to be goal umpiring

absolute bullshit. it is not an easy job.

I thought it was just. These guys don't have a difficult job. They watch the ball go over the line or the foot go over the line, if they can't do that, they shouldn't be there. He is getting paid good money for a job that he is clearly inept at. Millions of people can do what he does. He doesn't desever to be goal umpiring

Field Umpires make dozens of mistakes a game, granted, their job is harder, but that's not the point.

It's one mistake, and to call out a guy on national TV like that and proclaim he should never umpire again is a disgrace.

Pathetic behaviour - Walls and Blight were clearly disgusted by it as well.

Quatermain is a piece of shit but still that was terrible. You should only make that call if you are 100% he was over the line and there is no way in the world he was 100% sure on that! The funny thing is with other goals like that I bet there are times they slightly put their boot over the line when they kick it but you never see it called.

When showed at real speed, you can see just how close it was. The wrong call though that gets made even worse because it's a goal up for grabs in a close match.

Disgraceful decision. I'd be surprised if that goal umpire umpires again this season making a howler that big (mind you Matthew Nicholls is still running around :D).

Hopefully this weekend will see the AFL seriously consider a video review - whether it's an umpires call (ala NRL) or player challenge (ala test cricket) or coaches challenge (ala NFL) is all that needs to be determined.

If it's player/coach initiated, should be limited to 2 unsucessful challenges per quarter

absolute bullshit. it is not an easy job.

Ok, my bad, i've never goal umpired, so i'm in no position to talk. But surely it can't be that difficult. And in a position like that, with what i am sure is a big waiting list, surely you can't afford to make mistakes like that

Remember that time Jason Dunstall threw a stir-fry on Quatermain?

I can't stand him.

He's the perfect example of the bad Sydney fans people give shit; he knows stuff all about the game, he's hysterical, every time there is a hard, aggressive contact he demands a free kick be paid.

He's a clueless twat, 'give us a wave' Rebecca, and his pathetic meltdown/hissyfit when there was a storm that night - soft w***er.

Quartermain's behaviour was even more disgraceful; he's a ****ing hysterical woman - that goal umpire has been around for ever, and sure, he's made a shocking blue, but to get into him like that and have him onscreen while he's screeching that 'he should never umpire again,' is a disgrace.

Absolutely agree. Unless he is prepared to get out there and do it himself he should stfu.

Ok, my bad, i've never goal umpired, so i'm in no position to talk. But surely it can't be that difficult. And in a position like that, with what i am sure is a big waiting list, surely you can't afford to make mistakes like that

The bloke has made ONE MISTAKE.

Jesus!!

And at the speed the game goes, and the speed of movement of his leg, the human eye would struggle to keep up.

Re: It's time for four goal umpires

Two weeks ago Brad Green clearly hit the post but it was paid a goal, last week Pavlich was denied one of the goals of the year, two goal umpire errors last night and a shocking decision denied Byrnes a goal tonight.

Two goal umpires at each end wouldn't eliminate these mistakes entirely but they sure as hell would reduce the likeliness of them occurring.

It's time.

Or you could just have 2 competent goal umpires at each game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a very short stint doing it in the Sydney comp. Nothing worse than standing there with 36 players looking at you waiting for a decision when you have no idea what just happened.

He's a Hawks supporter.
Yea I know, but he's from NSW.

You know what I mean though, and it's not just Sydney supporters, but the people who're new to the game and instead of shutting up until they get their heads around it, they feel the need to offer their expertise on everything.

You know what I mean though, and it's not just Sydney supporters, but the people who're new to the game and instead of shutting up until they get their heads around it, they feel the need to offer their expertise on everything.

Sounds like Norwood supporters in the SANFL :D

Nah, he's a Victorian. It makes his stupidity even worse. He should know better.

Quartermain's behaviour was even more disgraceful; he's a ****ing hysterical woman - that goal umpire has been around for ever, and sure, he's made a shocking blue, but to get into him like that and have him onscreen while he's screeching that 'he should never umpire again,' is a disgrace.

Totally agree, Quartermain is a ****head of the highest order. But even in normal motion it was clearly a goal. But to say he should never umpire again is pathetic on he's behalf

Remove this Banner Ad

Goal line technology

Remove this Banner Ad

Back