Goddard decks Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

sign of frustration because his sh!tty team are getting hammered sideways. Still dunno how the saints ended up a top 4 side, absolute joke. They should not of been playing tonight.

Did anyone deserve the fourth spot? The Kangaroos drop their bundle a few weeks out. Hawthorn and Geelong are far superior teams to the rest - that's all that it is.

When you watch it carefully the attempt didnt touch Mitchell. He tried to milk a free, stayed on the ground and when he realised he wasnt going to get one got and ran off smiling. Take a good lookpeople. Mitchell should be renamed greg Laganis(sp?)

He wont get 6? Barry hall got 7, and he has a terrible history, and knocked staker out. I would think he would get 3-4 weeks. Maybe just 2 with an early plea. Thats crap for next years dreamteam!

I didn't see a camera angle that actually showed any contact.

Where was Mitchell struck ?
With what part of Goddard's body did he make contact ?
Did he initiate contact elsewhere and glance upwards ?

Without definitive vision, he'll be unlucky to get weeks. Mitchell certainly won't provide helpful evidence.

On first glance i thought 6.
But , then again , JASON PORPLYZIA was left with BRUISING ON THE BRAIN and NOBODY did time for that....so who the hell knows ???

So because someone gets injured in contact with an opponent then that opponent should do time according to you.Get real.Goddard kinghit Mitchell.Browne of Carlton crashed into Porpleaseya because Porpleaseya was pushed by a Carlton player [Thornton ?] into his path.

did anyone see the slap to the face by c.brown?? anyones thoughts on that..
plus head high contact by williams, also lewis gut punch...
just talking points...
seeing if ppl saw them??

It was a stupid act by Goddard, though it came about purely through frustration and at least we know there's one player left at St Kilda who gives a stuff about how the team goes.

It's hard to tell how severe the contact was, but it was clearly and intentional forearm to the face of Mitchell behind player. At first it looked like a very severe hit, but on replay Mitchell seemed to milk it quite a bit.

In the end I imagine it will be ruled as

High contact
Intentional
Behind play
Medium impact

Anyone know how many points that gets? I'm also not sure if BJ has a record...he's an angry, angry man so you'd think he would have been in trouble before, but I can't recall any specific incidents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turned around and punched him in the face. If he gets less than Hall then Sydney should feel hard done by as it means the length of your suspension goes hand in hand with your last name and your reputation as a boxer.

Turned around and punched him in the face. If he gets less than Hall then Sydney should feel hard done by as it means the length of your suspension goes hand in hand with your last name and your reputation as a boxer.

You don't think the fact that Hall knocked Staker unconcious and has a horrible record would have anything to do with it?

The impact was nowhere near as severe as Hall's hit and it was the forearm, not fist. Mitchell was hit right in the mouth/nose and didn't bleed or get any swelling, which would indicate that the hit wasn't quite as vicious as Mitchell made out.

Just saw it on the replay... silly boy Brendon. Forearm to the head off the ball, just dumb.

As for the grading: intentional conduct, low impact, high contact which translates to 6 activation points and a level 3 offence. He can't claim a good record because of a 2005 striking charge, so with a plea he could get it down to 1 week.

I don't know where all these people are seeing this vision of Goddard punching Mitchell on the chin.

They showed two shots. One from behind Mitchell, one from behind Goddard.

Neither of them showed contact being made. Could have easily been a forearm to the chest.

I don't know where all these people are seeing this vision of Goddard punching Mitchell on the chin.

They showed two shots. One from behind Mitchell, one from behind Goddard.

Neither of them showed contact being made. Could have easily been a forearm to the chest.

Are you kidding? The contact was quite easy to see from the second replay, Goddard is going to get an extra long preseason next year.

did anyone see the slap to the face by c.brown?? anyones thoughts on that..
plus head high contact by williams, also lewis gut punch...
just talking points...
seeing if ppl saw them??

slap by brown? that happened 2 years ago! gut punch by lewis? he played the ball all match, punch the football is nto a gut punch.

williams high contact? what the hell were you watching?

i think someone had a little too much to drink. only high contact was franklin on Harvey when he shrugged him off.

I saw Mitchell go down at the game, thought he had slipped though, a lot of players were falling all over the place

Pure stupidity. Frustration from a coward. If you're going to hit some one that cheaply, put them down for the rest of the game. Same thing goes with Hayes' love tap to Hodge. The pair of them need to grow a scrot.

Contact looked worse than it actually was, the blouse milked it in typical Mitchell style.

I agree, Mitchell did a 'dying swan' act to make it look a stack worse than it was. Sure he got a nip on the chin but it wasn't enough to knock him out cold or hamper his ability to function because within seconds he was back in the thick of the play.

I reckon Mitchell 'squirrel-gripped' him earlier in the pack and Goddard just retaliated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goddard decks Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back