Chuppa Chupp

Senior List
Apr 19, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Richmond
Heard on SEN 1116 last nite, a caller rang in and had it on good authority that some sort of deal/trade had been done. Could be c.rap, but he was pretty adamant it had happened/would happen.
Thoughts on fevola to st kilda, goddard to carlton?

i know, i hate fevola, but this guy that rang in said it was gonna happen. i only put it up here as to hear from toerh supporters and their views on the useless fevola.

he's no good, overrated etc!!!
but the caller also said that if the saints win the flag this year, then gehrig is retiring, and then that makes sense for fevola to come to saints, will need a new full forward!

just passing on what i heard, remember, this is still hear/say!

Big chance it is true, friends of mine spoke to Fevola on Sunday night and he said that he was hoping a deal could be done to get to STK. Whether it can or not is another issue

Yeah I have it on good authority that Fev only wants to be traded if its to St.Kilda and Carltons love of Goddard may wheel him.

Wait and see, there will be plenty of rumours this time of year but it sounds comprehensible.

Fev has admitted to being a huge Saints fan as a kid. Maybe playing for a club he loves, instead of a rabble, would inspire him to fulfill his potential?
..... and wouldn't it be a HUGE "up yours!" to the Blue-Beggars if we could turn him into a 100 goal FF and have them paying 1/2 his salary?? I'd LMAO!!

GO SAINTS!!!

Unfortunately mate, if the Blue Boys want Goddard, they will have to offer up something pretty special to get him.
No.1 draft pick, happy at the Saints, more opportunities to cement a spot once a couple of the old stagers move on and Thommo rates him quite highly.
Won't be pinching him for anything less than a topline player or a top five pick wouldn't have thought.

I love St.kilda and always will. I am only 15 and know that the saints have the best forward line in the league 352 or so goals in 22 round of football.
And then beat the crows at aami with alot of good players out and against the best defensive line in the league just shows that we don't need Fevola.
And any we Goddard is ten times better the Fevola.

sainter12riewoldt said:
I love St.kilda and always will. I am only 15 and know that the saints have the best forward line in the league 352 or so goals in 22 round of football.
And then beat the crows at aami with alot of good players out and against the best defensive line in the league just shows that we don't need Fevola.
And any we Goddard is ten times better the Fevola.

you're awfully stupid for a 15 year old.

but you're right, you don't need fevola.

post-gehrig.. i see koschitzke at FF with brookes rucking (yes i know he's a dud. but he's done more then guy richards had at the same time in his career.)

Can't see why you'd trade an up and coming kid for Fevola when you aleady have the best forward line in the league. I would think that Goddard would be a great half back flanker especially if Aussie Jones retires at the end of the year.

Likewise I can't see why we'd get rid of Fev when we just signed him up for 3 years, and he's been our leading goal kicker for the last 3 years.

I also don't understand some of my fellow Carlton supporters obsession with Goddard. Brett Deledio was a Carlton supporter too, but we don't go on about him.

no way we should except fev!!! we don't need him, and im not sure that he would get a game at the saints. i think we should get rid of goddard, but for a full-back, as opposed to a forward. he's young, and we may be able to get a pretty good deal if we trade him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LMAO, if this is true then gooooo saints, please get Fevola :)

I won't miss Goddard one bit. Hell i say we pay Carlton 300k + Goddard to get Fev!!!

!!

!

milnedog44 said:
Don't worry guys we wouldn't have to pay fev a cent. WOuldn't Carlton have to pay for him the next 3 years since he signed a contract?

Carlton wouldn't let Fevola leave if St Kilda didn't pick up the majority of his salary as it would just cost Carlton too much.

Fev won't be traded though - Pagan wouldn't have signed him up if he thought there was any chance of Carlton wanting to trade him. He will be given at least anotehr year to get back on track, in form and kick goals!

deluxeman said:
Fev won't be traded though - Pagan wouldn't have signed him up if he thought there was any chance of Carlton wanting to trade him. He will be given at least anotehr year to get back on track, in form and kick goals!

The smartest thing Carlton could've done was actually re-sign him as they did. If he wasn't re-signed, any team could pick him up for ziltch, at least this way, Carlton could get something in return for the big fev during the trade period.

GottaLoveAFL said:
The smartest thing Carlton could've done was actually re-sign him as they did. If he wasn't re-signed, any team could pick him up for ziltch, at least this way, Carlton could get something in return for the big fev during the trade period.

I've heard this before and frankly at the stage that he was resigned Carlton were pretty much dead set to win the wooden spoon meaning First pick in the PSD. Therefore he couldn't have walked out on the club as he would have just been picked up in the PSD.

Also why haven't Carlton done teh same with Lance or Lappin? Its because theyre not required and probably will be traded.

He was resigned because he is a required player at Carlton and he won't be going anywhere.

This would be the sickest trade. do it i say. gehrigs carreer will be over mid 2006 and kosi is too important over the ground. fev would make up the missing piece and he has good character. you single-minded saints fans may think fevola is overated or a liability to the club but the reason he has been playing badly at carlton (only over this season mind) is because he is uninterested in a losing side with a useless midfield. in the wizard cup he was sick because his midfield thru stevens and whitnal was in form. he would be coleman medallist material for the sainters. and goddard needs a change. he has immense talent but is not able to prove it at st kilda because he does not have the ability to adapt to the game as quickly as the likes of nick (both), kosi, maguire and ball. at carlton, which he supported as a kid btw, he would be in their top 5 players easily and could become a key player round 1. everybody wins.

btw im not xav and i know it so dont bother abusing me for my alias

NO!

We don't want a idiot like fevola at our club.... moron!

wasnt Grant Thomas syaing Gehrig may retire at the end of the year?
If so it would be a win/win for both teams.
If anything St.Kilda would be doing better, not many guys out there that can kick the ball as nicely as Fevola, I wish Tarrant could.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goddard to Carlton, Fevola to Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back