Goddard to Carlton, Fevola to Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Frank#22 said:
wasnt Grant Thomas syaing Gehrig may retire at the end of the year?
If so it would be a win/win for both teams.
If anything St.Kilda would be doing better, not many guys out there that can kick the ball as nicely as Fevola, I wish Tarrant could.

MILNY has found form if he can keep it up and do it next year we don't need him.
Kosy will go to full forward. Milne kicked about 60 goals, that is pretty good for a non-specalist full forward.

When i first heard this i thought it was total bullsh*t... But now I'm starting to think its possible....

As much as i really like Goddard and think that it is only a matter of time before he starts showing why he was number one in the draft and love seeing him in a St Kilda jersey, i don't think it would be such a bad move for him to have a fresh start at new club ( plus he went for carton as a kid) and with a great coach like Denis Pagan.. as xav said in a previous post he would get the opportunity to be a key position player which he has not been getting at the saints due to the amount of talent already in the side.
It would be a real shame to see the back of Goddard but if the G-train does retire after this year (Article @ saints.com.au ) there will be a position at St Kilda for a strong full-forward and i think Fev would fill that roll quite well if it was to happen. With Fev the age he is i doubt he will play in a premiership if he was to stay at Carlton and since they are going through the rebuilding stage at the club i think they would be better off putting money into players like Goddard who can develop and turn into star players when the club is in a position to have a real crack at the premiership.

Still tho this is a rumor, but I don't feel like it is as far fetched as i first thought and don't think it would be the worst move for either team with Carlton getting a young player with allot of potential and St Kilda getting a player that has all the credentials for the job description.
Must be a possibility.................

doesnt make much sense - stkilda already have the strongest list in the league - the only reason they would trade goddard would be because of salary cap pressure - and getting fevola is hardly going to be "saving money"

carlton are not stupid enough to sign fevola to a long contract and then get stuck in a situation where they will be covering the bill, less than a month after the ink has dried.
carlton would be reasonably happy with this trade i think, but stk dont have much use for it - they should be winning flags right now & gehrig, Kos, Reiw and Fev is just to many marking forwards to be logical. along with the $$$ situation - aint gonna happen

on the other hand....

a three way deal involving these players and hawthorns pick 6 in the draft would make a little more sense - carlton get a young truly talented midfielder, hawks get a marking forward to complement williams & stkilda free up $$$ to keep its "primary" stars in the cap - and gain a valuable pick - and keep an eye on the future

astro_toby said:
doesnt make much sense - stkilda already have the strongest list in the league - the only reason they would trade goddard would be because of salary cap pressure - and getting fevola is hardly going to be "saving money"

carlton are not stupid enough to sign fevola to a long contract and then get stuck in a situation where they will be covering the bill, less than a month after the ink has dried.

That's exactly what i think, it just doesn't seem reasonable to me.

A. We cannot afford his salary and i doubt carlton would trade him and pay the majority of his $$.
B. Would they really have given him a three year deal (was it three?) to just trade him at the end of the season, tie themselves into paying part of his contract for three years!
C. I just dont' think we have anything that we would be prepared to offer to the blues for him, GT is a BJ fan, he's played every game this year even when his form hasn't been flash.
and D. When have any of these rumours that start before the end of the season actually been true...i cannot think of one!! So no, it won't happen

I think the deal will probably happen, Gehrig may retire, and Fev will be the replacement. The only thing I find strange is (if true) Guerra and Goddard are the ones being traded. I don't think them together is worthwhile. Guerra is only average and will never be more than that. And, whilst everyone says Goddard is good, in reality he hasn't done anything to suggest he'll be a star. Will never dominate week in week out, Saints fans will tell you otherwise, but they are taking bullsh.it.

So 2 average players for a gun, just doesn't seem right.

cannons said:
I think the deal will probably happen, Gehrig may retire, and Fev will be the replacement. The only thing I find strange is (if true) Guerra and Goddard are the ones being traded. I don't think them together is worthwhile. Guerra is only average and will never be more than that. And, whilst everyone says Goddard is good, in reality he hasn't done anything to suggest he'll be a star. Will never dominate week in week out, Saints fans will tell you otherwise, but they are taking bullsh.it.

So 2 average players for a gun, just doesn't seem right.

Firstly It's the St Kilda supporters who will tell you that Goddard is no good. he's too slow for the midfield, He makes a lot or mistakes...And is too small for KP

Now in relation to the trade???

2 issues here!

1-- salary cap? how with the natural increases to the current list will they fit his 400k salary in? pa possible!

2-- Why would carlton do that trade? Surely another team will offer more than that. 2 very average players for a 60Goal+ FF me thinks not!

ArjenTheGreat said:
Firstly It's the St Kilda supporters who will tell you that Goddard is no good. he's too slow for the midfield, He makes a lot or mistakes...And is too small for KP

Now in relation to the trade???

2 issues here!

1-- salary cap? how with the natural increases to the current list will they fit his 400k salary in? pa possible!

2-- Why would carlton do that trade? Surely another team will offer more than that. 2 very average players for a 60Goal+ FF me thinks not!

if goddard is so crap what is he worth? an early 2nd round pick perhaps?

BakesFan said:
Fev has admitted to being a huge Saints fan as a kid. Maybe playing for a club he loves, instead of a rabble, would inspire him to fulfill his potential?
..... and wouldn't it be a HUGE "up yours!" to the Blue-Beggars if we could turn him into a 100 goal FF and have them paying 1/2 his salary?? I'd LMAO!!

GO SAINTS!!!

i thought he said he was a fitzroy supporter

Fevola for a failed #1 pick and a guy who would be at his 3rd club!?

You guys need to rethink things.

We re-signed him because leading forwards who can kick the ball 65m aren't exactly common. And you bring two flanker-cum-midfielders to the table?

He's a required player. You guys need a new FF and are chasing Fevola, we're not chasing Goddard. Try and keep that in mind.

Try Goddard and your first round pick minimum.

All that being said, with Fevola up forward, St Kilda would be unstoppable.

deluxeman said:
MAte your absolutely dreaming. But then again I ain't too worried as I can't see FEv being traded in teh first place.

Dreaming? If we accept these two players for Fevola then I'll eat my membership card and hat, and won't renew. It would be the stupidest deal we've made since the McGuane fiasco.

KnaveyBlue said:
Dreaming? If we accept these two players for Fevola then I'll eat my membership card and hat, and won't renew. It would be the stupidest deal we've made since the McGuane fiasco.

St Kilda will never give up Goddard and their first round draft pick 16-19 considering the salary that they will need to pay Fev. Goddard could grow into another Hodge especially after the retirements of Harvey and Thompson as their midfield will open up a bit.

Carlton won't trade FEv because they won't get his true value in return as teh club that gets him will have to pay most of his 500k contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deluxeman said:
St Kilda will never give up Goddard and their first round draft pick 16-19 considering the salary that they will need to pay Fev. Goddard could grow into another Hodge especially after the retirements of Harvey and Thompson as their midfield will open up a bit.

Carlton won't trade FEv because they won't get his true value in return as teh club that gets him will have to pay most of his 500k contract.

OK:

1) Goddard will never be Hodge. Different style players.
2) The deal hinges on Gehrig retiring or not. If he does, St Kilda will be quite able to afford Fev.
3) Fevola plays for your club. You should know by now that he's not on 500k.
4) You seem to value Goddard higher than many Saints supporters. Perhaps you should check the other Goddard thread on this board.

KnaveyBlue said:
OK:

1) Goddard will never be Hodge. Different style players.
2) The deal hinges on Gehrig retiring or not. If he does, St Kilda will be quite able to afford Fev.
3) Fevola plays for your club. You should know by now that he's not on 500k.
4) You seem to value Goddard higher than many Saints supporters. Perhaps you should check the other Goddard thread on this board.

1) Its got nothing to do with their style of players by comparing them I meant that they could both be late bloomers
2) The Saints might not want to pay as much for Fev as the Blues did
3) There are several rumours going around on his contract, frankly it is between 400-500k
4) Goddard doesn't get the credit he deserves due to the amount of talent in the St Kilda's midfield such as Dal Santo, Ball etc

I wouldn't trade Fev at all and despite I that I would love to have Goddard at Carlton I wouldn't give up Fev or Pick 4 for him.

KnaveyBlue said:
He's $1.1m over three years. I think Gehrig would be on similar, maybe slightly less.

I don't want to trade Fev either.

Lappin + pick 20 for Goddard and we'll keep Fev :D

Would love for that too happen.
Even better if we keep Pick 20 and give them Houlihan instead :D

Kickin_Goals said:
Why talk about trading your players while they are still playing finals
The saints didn't play last week... and it would be pretty big news if it happend...
Plus this is a forum not the MCG........

lol.... did you read the newspapers today? It says Brendan Fevola was disrespectful to John Nicholls....

Who was saying we want him??? Idiot!

Axcellence said:
lol.... did you read the newspapers today? It says Brendan Fevola was disrespectful to John Nicholls....

Who was saying we want him??? Idiot!

Even Better!!! goddamn you blind bas.*****... fevola plus st kilda would be a bloody god send. this incident makes it even better, because if its true (if, of course) then it means an off load would be on the top of carltons to-do list. i love goddard, dont get me wrong, i bought his badge and whatev. but if gehrig retires then our forward line loses its real edge. kosi and hamill are pretty injury prone and neither would be able to bring in the hauls that gehrig has week in, week out. plus both players are too important around the ground, kosi especially. goddard at the mo is not impressing and could come good at another club. and you dumb ass.es that are complaining about the salary cap are sort of overlooking the fact that gehrigs absence would free up about the same amount that fev would take up.

Shows that fev isn't as highly rated for trade as some would think.... Tallented - Yes, but his attitude would have to change his attitude and that wont happen at carlton.
Fev wont be playing for carlton next year. Just a matter of what they can get for a loose cannon like him in trade.
I imagin st kilda would show some interest if gehrig does retire.
and would love to see how good he was with a midfield like ours delivering the ball to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goddard to Carlton, Fevola to Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back