Event Gold City Royals - A new Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Ferrell Hair GIF
I would describe him as "hard of thinking".

This looks like a pokies machine you see gleaning at you at 3am as you're shitfaced leaving the National hotel on a Saturday night and not a Sweet FA Club Logo.
Get with the times.

It’s aggressive, it’s memorable, it’s the best logo in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2023820

This season, the Royals LG have been contemplating who we are as a club, what do we stand for? What is our direction as a club? And so it was decided that we will take control of our own destiny and move the club forward.

In an historic day for the Gold City Royals, I am excited to announce a new era for the club.

Ladies and gentlemen and all citizens of Sweet, it is my honour to present to you, your Gold City Royals for season 38. With a new era, a new story, a new identity and a new beginning, welcome to the exciting next chapter for the Gold City Royals.

View attachment 2023827
View attachment 2023828
View attachment 2023830
View attachment 2023829

A special thanks to big_icky for his creative skills.​
Nice work with these! Looks awesome.

Not feeling that logo. It is very busy and the kangaroo sphinx (whatever it is supposed to be?) being dark doesn't work with the purple. I admire the effort that has gone into it though.

Not feeling that logo. It is very busy and the kangaroo sphinx (whatever it is supposed to be?) being dark doesn't work with the purple. I admire the effort that has gone into it though.
Yep.

That's fine. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. There's current logos I'm not a fan of. But ultimately there's no rules preventing a club from changing their logo, or stipulating how it must be represented, or that the admin must approve of the changes. It's completely up to the club and we are happy with it.

This looks like a pokies machine you see gleaning at you at 3am as you're shitfaced leaving the National hotel on a Saturday night and not a Sweet FA Club Logo.

Hope this hasn't triggered memories of you being abandoned at the local.

The SFA is built on shitposting banter so I am unsurprised by the jealous reaction

And just an FYI - the Leadership Group approved it with some changes we then put it to the team who all said '' yeah whatever its a Sunday''

Unlike some clubs we embrace change

Unleash your jealousy or PM Cadsky or Footypie32 for membership details

That's fine. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. There's current logos I'm not a fan of. But ultimately there's no rules preventing a club from changing their logo, or stipulating how it must be represented, or that the admin must approve of the changes. It's completely up to the club and we are happy with it.
The concept is quite good. All I'm saying is the execution isn't quite there. Make the anubis purple (darker purple for the shaded areas), give it a gold outline and it should pop a little better against nearby non-contrasting elements :)

The concept is quite good. All I'm saying is the execution isn't quite there. Make the anubis purple (darker purple for the shaded areas), give it a gold outline and it should pop a little better against nearby non-contrasting elements :)
Thanks for your feedback. We'll roll with this as it is for the upcoming seasons and reassess after that. I'm really happy with what big_icky was able to put together for us. He was an absolute champion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Event Gold City Royals - A new Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Back