2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Casey def GCFC 21.17.143 to 9.13.67

Disposals: Atkins (34), McPherson (22), Constable (19), McLennan/Sharp/Thompson (13 each), Andrew/Hollands/Sexton (12 each)
Goals: Sexton (2.2), Oea (2.0), Corbett (1.3), Hollands (1.2), Nicholls (1.1), Day (1.1), Faulkhead (1.0)
Hitouts: Moyle (32), Thompson (1), Conroy (1) def 24 Total

Wow

Our Talents dropped away now
Harsh. Casey are undefeated this VFL season and there's a reason why both them and Melbourne are on top of their respective ladders. The Dees bat deep at both levels these days. Let's see how our boys go against the 18th placed Coburg next week before we write off the talent in the team. Also important to point out that our best academy players are competing in the U18 nationals at the moment as well.

The injuries we've had lately was always going to hurt the reserves. When we are near full strength we can match it with anyone but we drip away pretty quickly

I thought we played really poorly. The intensity was not there for the most of the game. Some valuable lessons learned.

Yes, Casey are unbeaten, but they had actually 3 less listed players. Their top ups were better for sure than our academy kids.

Destroyed in midfield, ordinary defence under pressure, nobody could really guard Mitch Brown including Thompson.

I liked Moyle, Ace. That's it probably.

I feel Sharp and Hollands should work harder, show more urgency to force their way into AFL team.

Last edited:
Would listing Hollands as an emergency give him assurances he's on track or does it just mess with his head? The frustration of not quite being able to crack the 22. Anyway, everyone has down days. He has been very consistent.

I don't watch any other vfl but is Ned Moyle a lock for team of the year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s been named at HB (not that the team list is always accurate) which is interesting. Maybe he comes in to replace the Powell/Weller role next week, rather than as a forward again.
Makes sense. I feel like going back or wing has to be the right thing going forward, especially with King back next year.

He’s been named at HB (not that the team list is always accurate) which is interesting. Maybe he comes in to replace the Powell/Weller role next week, rather than as a forward again.
Yeah we need his leg from half back/ wing, especially with weller and Powell out.

I don't necessarily agree with playing Lukosius in the VFL when we're competing in a must-win AFL game but I do agree that every player on the list needs to earn their place in our best 22. I've always felt Luko doesn't play as desperately as he should and I wonder if that's a result of feeling like his spot in the best 22 was safe. Well, we're going to find out and we know this worked on both Ainsworth and Rankine when they were dropped last year and now their output is considerably larger than beforehand. JL is about to turn 22 and has about 70 AFL games under his belt so he should be starting to fire for us but I still felt he looked lackadaisical out there at times earlier this year. We need more from him and hopefully this kicks him into gear.

J Frawley as an emergency. Is he former Hawks/St Kilda player who is hanging around the team?
Fairly sure it would be. We've had other guys on the coaching staff do this before like Matt Lappin and Andrew Swallow.

Hopefully Chip can teach Mac Andrew and Sandy Brock a thing or two.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back