Resource Gold Coast Suns Rebrand

Best rebrand option

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

some insights from the brand refresh below. more comments in the linked thread too.

I’ll try and put my thoughts into words, sorry if it seems clunky.

So I walked out of the brand refresh feeling really flat.

They showed us 3 designs. Mostly focusing on the logo and putting it in a lineup with all other club logos for comparison.

Logo Design 1.

This was awful, really awful.
But, the guernsey they slapped it on was GREAT.

Red to Yellow gradient. Starting with red at the bottom changing into yellow around the chest and up, with red hems and collars!

The away was yellow and yellow gradient.
(Looked okay nothing great like the yellow training jumper)

The clash was blue and red gradient, looked really good - think phoenix suns but more blue than purple.

Logo Design 2.

This was the best logo that was offered up.

They had placed this on a 2 toned red jumper. Think soccer shirt where it’s red with darker red lines quite busy, I hated it.

And a yellow version - the same.

Logo Design 3.

This logo was also terrible.

On the guernseys they had changed the red and blue shades to almost lions colors. And the logo on this one was really big and quite low on the jumper in a darker shade of the same color of the jumpers.

I have written a lot about the different jumper designs they showed us and honestly if the put logo 2 onto guernsey 1 it would be pretty decent design.

But they didn’t seem to care about the actual guernsey design. Every time I asked about it or gave feed back they tried to put me back into talking about the logo. It seemed like it would be an after thought.

They did concede that they would be going with some type of gradient and all signs pointed to yellow being the away/clash.

Anyone who wants a “traditional” strip will be disappointed.

I should also say he did stress that these designs weren’t anywhere near completion before he showed us, to the point where he almost sounded defensive, almost like he had negative feedback all day.

It is happening. 2025 we will be in a new kit.

Members will be shown in November.

I didn’t end up signing any type of NDA and we didn’t have to give them our phones, just turn them off.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

some insights from the brand refresh below. more comments in the linked thread too.
extremely dissapointing that all of the jumpers have logos slapped on top of them. unless they can make the new logo blend in with the jumper, i'm afraid this wont be much of an improvement.

I reckon if Gold Coast switch that terrible 1980's looking logo into a monogram and remove the gold side bars, they'd have one of the best looking uniforms.
mel gold coast.png
Rip off of Melbourne's old away guernsey, but here's an idea with the same colours as Gold Coast and a monogram, just need to change the letters to CGFC.

I wasn’t gonna say, but * it. They didn’t actually say not to while we were there, just no photos.

I’ll explain as best I can.

It’s like the oval shape we have now but it is just an S, the top half of the S is a solid yellow the bottom half has lines getting thinner towards the bottom to look like a rising sun.

I kinda thought it looked like if the old rugby league Superleague and Oakley logos had a baby.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He described the logo a few posts down.

They should just hold fan contests for a new guernsey design like Port did in the late 2000's and Hawthorn did in 2016 for their clash.

Exactly, you get better options from fan design pages than the designers come up with. History with all the new teams proves that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly, you get better options from fan design pages than the designers come up with. History with all the new teams proves that.
Yeah but then you end up with Power Ranger jumpers and flying Crows clash jumpers, not to mention rigged polls.

Back