Autopsy Gold Coast Suns vs Brisbane Lions Rd 21 @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

As strange as this sounds because he is a star , it may help this week not having lynchy up there , will force players to lower there eyes rather than bomb long to tom.
It wasn't that hard to stop the Suns when they were attacking this year because 9 times out of 10 they would just bomb it to Lynch, as you said. Now the defensive coaches at Brisbane will have to prepare themselves for a relatively unknown situation. No doubt having Lyons and Swallow back will help and I'm sure Ainsworth and/or Ah Chee will provide a scoring presence. I'd be seriously tempted to swing Steven May forward so Wright doesn't have to play as the lone tall forward. You can always swing May back if Scrimshaw and Spencer can't handle the likes of Hipwood.

It might sound funny but winning this game could be a real line in the sand moment for the club without Lynch or Ablett and it being Solomon's first game as senior (caretaker) coach.

At least we know who the Hallahan hater is now...

Does anybody know why Sheer, Brodie, Hallahan have pretty much been absent from the seniors all year? Is there any issues regarding these guys?

I honestly cant think of a reason why they keep playing Lemmens, Sexton, Rosa over these guys every week.
Perhaps they might show up others deficiencies... by actually winning contested ball ?

Soft then. LDU loves a surf apparently. He might be the one we need?

Looks a bit slow and vanilla from what I've seen of him although admittedly that isn't much. Good size and definitely can find the ball though.

Not as excited about the draft this year for some reason. Some horrible skills on display watching some of the U18s games. Just what we need, another 2 or 3 Sean Lemmens :p
Yeah more kp players this draft. A few inside mids at the top as well.

Hallahan went at 40% disposal efficiency last week. Would get the ball but turn it straight over.

No Brodie or Bowes this week is frustrating tbh.
I wish the journo's at the Suns pressers would ask why they aren't playing it might just be as simple as they want them to develop a role in the NEAFL but how are we supposed to know?

Yeah, perhaps that's it? But would like to know why.

With Scheer, Bowes and Brodie, I suppose though you can't just throw all the kids out there at once to get pounded into. Might do more harm than good. But would like those lads to have a look at it before the season is out.

On a positive note, it is good to see Scrimshaw, Ainsworth and Spencer get game time consistently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to this game because it's a freaking paid for Metricon home game given to us as a replacement for the Shanghai disaster. No way am I letting the AFL pinch a $70 family payment from me. I've got an AFL Ambassador's gig at the Pineapple up the road, then off to the game to be part of the guard of honour as the team runs through the banner. Hope I see some fire in the lads eyes!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to this game because it's a freaking paid for Metricon home game given to us as a replacement for the Shanghai disaster. No way am I letting the AFL pinch a $70 family payment from me. I've got an AFL Ambassador's gig at the Pineapple up the road, then off to the game to be part of the guard of honour as the team runs through the banner. Hope I see some fire in the lads eyes!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wow sounds like a great night, pity it is going to end in disappointment

Why is Braydon Fiorini playing NEAFL?? Kid is a ball magnet let him just play consistently without the fear of being dropped the next week. Absolutely ridiculous, I'm getting sick of these match day selection

Why is Braydon Fiorini playing NEAFL?? Kid is a ball magnet let him just play consistently without the fear of being dropped the next week. Absolutely ridiculous, I'm getting sick of these match day selection
Coming off a hammy? Maybe needs a week to make sure he is cherry ripe. Is starting on the bench in the 2's which indicates he may still be carrying something. If he is 100%, it is really annoying.

url

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Gold Coast Suns vs Brisbane Lions Rd 21 @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Back