Autopsy Gold Coast Suns vs Brisbane Lions Rd 21 @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked Solomons press conference infinitely more than a Rocket press conference.

He won't have a bar of excuses and I actually got a feel for exactly what Solomon wants.

Am despising pretty much everything that Rocket has said since he ran back to Melbourne like a scolded dog.

Just gone Straight to his sympathetic Melbourne media and is making excuses and worse still making snide undermining comments without being specific.

I guess it makes it easier actually for Evans to fire people as he can use what Eade is saying down there about the club.

Silver lining.

Usual bs from the Lions playing our NEAFL team
Real tough guys
They're going nowhere with hacks like Rich in their team

This is a strange post.

Lions are actually playing pretty good footy and have improved considerably this year, got a great crop of youngsters which should build them into a very good team.

There also a very tough side, deliberately picking players with a bit more toughness.

And Rich is also playing extremely good footy at the moment so not sure about the hack comment.

Basically everything you said is the opposite to what's really happening, so I'm not entirely sure if your being serious.

I would love to see the suns with the same future as the lions.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is a strange post.

Lions are actually playing pretty good footy and have improved considerably this year, got a great crop of youngsters which should build them into a very good team.

There also a very tough side, deliberately picking players with a bit more toughness.

And Rich is also playing extremely good footy at the moment so not sure about the hack comment.

Basically everything you said is the opposite to what's really happening, so I'm not entirely sure if your being serious.

SandyToes is a great man, we are just all a bit bitter and twisted in here at the moment. Been a dog of a season.

Saw this coming. Brisbane have improved. Injuries have just kept on coming for us.

To be honest, Solo has been there since the start and has shown loyalty at least so should give him a go. But they'll probably do the usual and try to get someone experienced.

I chose not to stay up through the night for this one (in Canada) with so many injuries and the team playing like garbage, I expected to be disappointed again. I will watch the replay but, it is hard to justify the lack of sleep to see such a terrible effort.

Was it as bad as the score would suggest?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worry worry worry.
A bit too much worry for me.
  • When we fall away it is over. No coming back.
  • Our leaders? Evidence for 2017 has not been good. Ant chance of digging in and turning it around? Any chance of raising standards, not accepting poor performances, demanding more?
  • Bowes does not get the ball. Happy when he gets it, but so far does not get it.
  • Ah Chee looks off. Lyons looks hurt. If they looked like that at training what are they doing in the team after an injury break? Both were a waste of space on the field.
  • Schoenfeld an AFL player? Jury out, both lawyers nervous.
  • Sexton? Where has the player gone?
  • Touk in the 2nd half, back to 2017 form. Especially watching the opposition run past him towards goal. Good in close but as a runner, defends as well as Hall.
  • Lemmens was taken in the draft just before a sliding Lewis Taylor. Sugar. Lemmens gives on the one hand (effort, tackling) and takes with the other hand, both feet, his head, his elbows, and knees. Remove from team please.
In other news....
  • TheScrim is cooked. Rest next week.
  • Spencer has got something. Persist.
  • Touk at his best in the 1st quarter. He can play which is why this year has been disappointing.
  • If Currie is our 2nd ruck, doing all right there.
PS. Not sure who has worked harder this year. The supporters who keep turning up here on BF or the team. Hard hard work. Both seeing a big drop off in performance (posts and posters).

PPS. Still, only 2 games to go before it gets interesting and we start to dominate the off-season headlines again. Can we win the off-season for the 2nd year in a row? Can't effing wait.

Worry worry worry.
A bit too much worry for me.
  • When we fall away it is over. No coming back.
  • Our leaders? Evidence for 2017 has not been good. Ant chance of digging in and turning it around? Any chance of raising standards, not accepting poor performances, demanding more?
  • Bowes does not get the ball. Happy when he gets it, but so far does not get it.
  • Ah Chee looks off. Lyons looks hurt. If they looked like that at training what are they doing in the team after an injury break? Both were a waste of space on the field.
  • Schoenfeld an AFL player? Jury out, both lawyers nervous.
  • Sexton? Where has the player gone?
  • Touk in the 2nd half, back to 2017 form. Especially watching the opposition run past him towards goal. Good in close but as a runner, defends as well as Hall.
  • Lemmens was taken in the draft just before a sliding Lewis Taylor. Sugar. Lemmens gives on the one hand (effort, tackling) and takes with the other hand, both feet, his head, his elbows, and knees. Remove from team please.
In other news....
  • TheScrim is cooked. Rest next week.
  • Spencer has got something. Persist.
  • Touk at his best in the 1st quarter. He can play which is why this year has been disappointing.
  • If Currie is our 2nd ruck, doing all right there.
PS. Not sure who has worked harder this year. The supporters who keep turning up here on BF or the team. Hard hard work. Both seeing a big drop off in performance (posts and posters).

PPS. Still, only 2 games to go before it gets interesting and we start to dominate the off-season headlines again. Can we win the off-season for the 2nd year in a row? Can't effing wait.
I've come to realise the offseason is the only good reason to follow this team. Because they are ****ing useless when the real stuff begins.
I thought/ posted before the game we might get a lift in intensity for a couple of quarters and yep that's all it was. We are so predictable it's boring.

This is a strange post.

Agree with that and very well Coached looks like the team is really buying into his direction.

Soloman spoke well in both pressers he has had. Actually says what everyone is thinking and doesn't pussy footy around.
I think Harbrow has been our worst for the past two/three weeks. Turn over merchant has been back

2018 will be better....right....?
Multiple games on the road to begin the season and training facility disruptions due to the Commonwealth Games, our dumbass players trying to learn a new game plan and a new coach trying to understand what goes on inside these players' heads. The distinct possibility we lose Gaz, our list inevitably getting younger due to the clean out of old wood. A wooden spoon is definitely on the cards.

I've come to realise the offseason is the only good reason to follow this team. Because they are ******* useless when the real stuff begins.
I thought/ posted before the game we might get a lift in intensity for a couple of quarters and yep that's all it was. We are so predictable it's boring.
Agree but l really think that with decent people in the Football Department and some injury luck we will definitely rise.
I can think of at least 5 games we lost because of injuries. Fagan said it in his press conference we haven't had a core week in group for 3 years.

Soloman spoke well in both pressers he has had. Actually says what everyone is thinking and doesn't pussy footy around.
I think Harbrow has been our worst for the past two/three weeks. Turn over merchant has been back
Yes was very good. I think he was intentionally making it clear he was not part of the Eade excuse spin doctoring. That is a positive start. I thought it was excellent. The journalists were even trying to feed him excuses and he would not have it.

Yes was very good. I think he was intentionally making it clear he was not part of the Eade excuse spin doctoring. That is a positive start. I thought it was excellent. The journalists were even trying to feed him excuses and he would not have it.

After seeing the stark difference between Rocket and Solomon's approach in dealing with the media it is clear to me that Rocket was making excuses each week to try and control the media narrative in the hope of saving his job, and the excuses were being an enabler for the players to make excuses and turn it up when faced with excuses. I couldn't watch his post-match pressers for the last 6 weeks as it made me want to vomit.

The first step in turning this around is realising we have a problem and Solomon just said it - we don't work hard enough. If Rocket wasn't the hardest working coach how can he ask for the players to adopt that mantra.

Just reading this morning in the paper that Rocket categorically wouldn't take the job if he knew what was going on behind scenes. In one respect I can understand that as he was sold the job under false pretenses, but also tells me that he probably wasn't up to committing his absolute heart and soul to turning the club around.

The next coach needs to be a hungry heart and soul coach who lives and dies on getting the team better.

After seeing the stark difference between Rocket and Solomon's approach in dealing with the media it is clear to me that Rocket was making excuses each week to try and control the media narrative in the hope of saving his job, and the excuses were being an enabler for the players to make excuses and turn it up when faced with excuses. I couldn't watch his post-match pressers for the last 6 weeks as it made me want to vomit.

The first step in turning this around is realising we have a problem and Solomon just said it - we don't work hard enough. If Rocket wasn't the hardest working coach how can he ask for the players to adopt that mantra.

Just reading this morning in the paper that Rocket categorically wouldn't take the job if he knew what was going on behind scenes. In one respect I can understand that as he was sold the job under false pretenses, but also tells me that he probably wasn't up to committing his absolute heart and soul to turning the club around.

The next coach needs to be a hungry heart and soul coach who lives and dies on getting the team better.
Spot on friend.
And to me Solomon fits that bill

Spot on friend.
And to me Solomon fits that bill

Philosophically Solomon could be OK but I think the Board and Evans would have to have huge balls to pick a bloke who has been there for 7 years when the club has been garbage and expect major improvements. He would have to blow Evans and the competition out of the water when competing for the job.

They definitely should look to keep him on as the senior assistant to at least have some continuity going into next year.

The main issue facing us at the moment is, IMO, a severe lack of midfield depth. While this was once an area we excelled in, we just don't have the guys to rotate through there anymore. Those that do are first year players who might be good with time, but at the moment just cannot compete in round 21 of an AFL season. Lyons first game back is obviously not going to carry us that much (though he was good whenever he got near it), and Miller can't compete for longer than a half since he barely had any pre-season. Swallow battles hard as he always does, but given his layoff we can't expect much more from him. Hall has been good in recent weeks but outside of that, there's no-one else. That's four guys to run a midfield for the entire game. So then for a quarter and a half they compete and then just run out of gas.

The worst part? We have no-one really coming in of note to fill the void. We cannot and SHOULD not be relying on Bowes and Brodie next year to fill these huge gaps. They will only be second year players.

This must absolutely be an area we need to address. We need actual players (like Lyons) to be brought in. Is Brandon Ah Chee still available?

I have been an absolute staunch defender for Harbrow for his time at the club but his time on field since coming back from that ban has been awful. He legitimately should not be playing at the moment so bad is his form.

Of the positives, I liked Jack Martin's game. He's essentially playing as a second tall for us at the moment so it's good that he stepped up. Hopefully he can provide similar tricks for the next couple of weeks.

I liked Spencer too, he's showing a bit. Ainsworth is going to be a great player.

Scrimshaw no-where near it unfortunately. Didn't even show flashes compared to his last couple of weeks. He, Brodie and Bowes show just how hard it is for first year players to be playing such important roles.

Philosophically Solomon could be OK but I think the Board and Evans would have to have huge balls to pick a bloke who has been there for 7 years when the club has been garbage and expect major improvements. He would have to blow Evans and the competition out of the water when competing for the job.

They definitely should look to keep him on as the senior assistant to at least have some continuity going into next year.
Yeah agree with this. Solly in the unfortunate position of being an assistant (a very highly rated assistant to be fair) at a club that hasn't achieved. Any right minded business in any company would be bonkers to promote from within a group like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Gold Coast Suns vs Brisbane Lions Rd 21 @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Back