Expansion Good Friday Football is here!

Remove this Banner Ad

North, Doggy and neutral fans will fill Etihad on Good Friday. Will make it very difficult for the AFL to move it. AFL are just covering their arses. Wouldn't be against it being rotate between north, dogs and saints every year. Then all the vic clubs get a marquee game.

North, Doggy and neutral fans will fill Etihad on Good Friday. Will make it very difficult for the AFL to move it. AFL are just covering their arses. Wouldn't be against it being rotate between north, dogs and saints every year. Then all the vic clubs get a marquee game.

There are other opportunities for St Kilda to find a game, just have to be proactive enough to find a concept that works (pride game might be it). Dreamtime at the 'G relies only on a Saturday night timeslot. Teams just have to start thinking outside the box a bit more, because now that good Friday is gone, there's no more public holidays left to use.

This is what even makes less sense.

The AFL fixture the reigning premiers against a team that just cut half its best players and are widely expected to be bottom 4 and rightly so looking at their list and who has departed the Kangas.

This game is not going to be a close one and nor would anyone expect it to be.

AFL will never cease to amaze me though with the way they operate.

I love seeing salty mods.

Good idea.

Carlton can bring all their pokies to raise money for the hospital.

The circle of life. Delicious

You sound bitter.

Jebus wasn't bitter. Jebus loved his fellow man.

Be like Jebus.

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I found out it was two Victorian teams playing the new Good Friday blockbuster.
Quite the shock.
Mmmmmmmm that #VicBias chip on your shoulder is oozing saltyness.

Do you think they this will be a perminant slot or afl will trial more teams

Just find it odd AFL selecting a team that might finish top 4 to match up with Kangaroos that will most likely drop out of the 8. Both teams in different cycles as want the viewers at home to be entertained. Both teams are deserving but it's the sustainability that's questionable
We have had to put up with watching Pies v Ess on Anzac Day. When was the last time they were both good? 2001?

There shouldn't even be a "good friday game"

It should just be a regular round with a game scheduled on that date.

Religion and footy have absolutely nothing to do with each other (much like religion and reality)
I guess a lot of AFL people have a high spirit level.

Ok I'll leave, but try the breakfast buffet before you leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have had to put up with watching Pies v Ess on Anzac Day. When was the last time they were both good? 2001?

Don't compare Good Friday to Anzac Day. Been on-going marquee game for decades
I just think to make Good Friday kick off AFL need to draw teams that can make the event sustainable

Pies and Bombers on Anzac Day even when both outside the 8 will still attract 85,000+

Bulldogs and Kangaroos when both outside the 8 think might struggle to get 25,000. That's why I think after 2018 AFL will make a decision to rotate the event. Thoughts?

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I found out it was two Victorian teams playing the new Good Friday blockbuster.
Quite the shock.

Do we complain that the Crows get to play Port twice every year? 2 guaranteed blockbusters every season

yes sunday night at 4pm hardly the blockbuster timeslot, when was the last friday night showdown - never happened thats when

The Dogs didn't get any Friday night game for 3 seasons and owned twilight for half a decade.

Dogs and North get it - " Depending on numbers it might have to be rotated past 2017."

If the big 4 80's teams were to have it - "Look the numbers arent important, as long as they show up on the day they can keep it till it builds tradition."

Wanna grow the game up North where ratings would improve through a Good Friday game and build a lot of interest. Maybe Brisbane and Sydney at the SCG or Gabba? Nah **** it let's give it to North and FFC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Expansion Good Friday Football is here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back