Good Friday footy - what's the pass mark for the crowd?

Remove this Banner Ad

How many seats aren't available to the members or public though ?
A lot. There was something like 43k at the Dogs/Swans game the other night and the only areas empty were the medallion club/second level corporate. The club's supporters can't do anything about that.

Who wants to see a match which has
Potential Premier vs Potential Wooden Spooner

In fairness to Kangaroos they have been competitive and ok to watch but no one wants to see a 60 pt win by Bulldogs
I understand what you mean but the very same argument could have (and probably was) been made for the Blues-Tigers openers over the past 5-odd years.

North have been banging on about this for ages.
Now they finally get their chance to prove to the football world that they aren't as irrelevant as most people think.

Etihad has a capacity of around 54,000

Surely North will be able to pull a crowd of 50,000 - minimum

Only game in town

Public Holiday

No Excuses - would be the message from Gill

Snippy Essendon supporter, drugs, etc.

A lot. There was something like 43k at the Dogs/Swans game the other night and the only areas empty were the medallion club/second level corporate. The club's supporters can't do anything about that.

There aren't nearly as many as 12,000 seats allocated to the medallion club and corporates. While your crowd against the Swans was a very good crowd, it could have been bigger without those areas needing to be filled.

There aren't nearly as many as 12,000 seats allocated to the medallion club and corporates. While your crowd against the Swans was a very good crowd, it could have been bigger without those areas needing to be filled.

What is your estimate\how much is there?

I understand what you mean but the very same argument could have (and probably was) been made for the Blues-Tigers openers over the past 5-odd years.

The Blues - Tigers opener has been around for a while now. When both teams were at the top, created excitement and great matchups. Been around because it worked. Top marquee events are created when both teams are capable of drawing a crowd and proven to be sustainable over 20 years. Wait another 3 years when both teams back higher on the ladder and excitement will build again

Kanagroos struggle to build a crowd. Bulldogs not a big club themselves so in a way might struggle too in the long run. Only time will tell if these 2 teams can make it work. But next argument is whether lot of excitement is there which honestly isn't ATM. Bulldogs playing an Away game technically and Kangaroos Home games being 0-3 to start off the season

Will many neutrals go?

Will you be able to buy beer without purchasing food?

I would be surprised if there was a lot of room for neutrals at Docklands outside of the stadium owned reserve.

Can't answer the beer question, probably been 10 years since I have bought watered down stadium beer.

Will many neutrals go?

Will you be able to buy beer without purchasing food?

from the licencing commission:

Trading hour restrictions apply to all licensed liquor and gaming premises on Good Friday.

Licensed premises may only commence trade, supplying alcohol and gaming services, from midday on Good Friday.

Late night trading venues such as nightclubs, pubs and bars across the state that would normally trade between 3am and midday are required to cease the supply of alcohol at 3am on Good Friday.

Licensed premises can trade, supplying liquor and gaming services, at their usual opening times for the remainder of the Easter long weekend.

Page last modified
6 April 2017

North have been banging on about this for ages.
Now they finally get their chance to prove to the football world that they aren't as irrelevant as most people think.

Etihad has a capacity of around 54,000

Surely North will be able to pull a crowd of 50,000 - minimum

Only game in town

Public Holiday

No Excuses - would be the message from Gill

Yes, because we have the power to make the corporations that purchased 10k reserved seats to make sure they utilise all their seats, even though it has never hit its theoretical capacity before.

Collingwood and Essendon do not fill out the stadium.

Perhaps you can raise the bar of unreasonable expectation higher so you can be convinced it was a failure no matter what the outcome. Why not go for 70k. If Jesus could resurrect, surely we could exceed capacity, right?

Melbourne - Richmond draws about 60K on Anzac eve. They'd want to nearly fill Etihad.

Tigers are bigger club that can draw big numbers and Demons supporters this year should help bump up the numbers
Can't compare both sets of supporter bases as 1 set can get the numbers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From reading this thread, I see that most of the noise seems to be coming from Carlton, Essendon and Richmond supporters; gloating about their own club's and/or slagging off North Melbourne.

Give it a rest. You guys have enough marquee timeslots as it is, so please let's give North and the Bulldogs one. I hope it takes off for both those clubs.

It's at such a shit time though. For any religious fans, church/mass/whatever you wnat to call it, will clash. I'm going to go to the footy because I'm not overly religious but there will be other things on at the same time that people may favour. Still hoping for 45k but i can see it being disappointing

Better than Easter Sunday when a lot of people have family lunches on

Remove this Banner Ad

Good Friday footy - what's the pass mark for the crowd?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back