Good Friday v Carlton, "Lock it in"

Remove this Banner Ad

If we get the game I'll most likely stay at home, record it on Foxtel and watch it on Saturday. As a member North already have my money so no need to go except to barrack for them but 1 game shouldn't matter.......

I don't think Jesus would be happy with your attitude. If he'd spent Good Friday sitting around at home doing nothing we wouldn't have Easter to celebrate.

I don't think Jesus would be happy with your attitude. If he'd spent Good Friday sitting around at home doing nothing we wouldn't have Easter to celebrate.
Ha Ha, thank you Father Ted.

I'd like to upload two newspaper articles from the Herald Sun. 'Good Friday Push' by Geoff Poulter 3/11/96 and 'Time to allow football on Good Friday' Mike Sheahan 14/11/96. I scanned these articles, however I'm not technically gifted or / and my computer can't upload them into a Bigfooty post. If someone help great, if not that's ok.

Last edited:
I'd like to upload two newspaper articles from the Herald Sun. 'Good Friday Push' by Geoff Poulter 3/11/96 and 'Time to allow football on Good Friday' Mike Sheahan 14/11/96. I scanned these articles, however I'm not technically gifted or / and my computer can't upload them into a Bigfooty post. If someone help great, if not that's ok.

Upload to a site like photobucket then paste the link to the image inside ["IMG"]["/IMG"] tags (without the " "s)

The thing that pisses me off is arseclowns like Eddie McFivechins bangs on about how he rolled up his sleeves and personally saved the Collingwood Football Club, and that all the struggling clubs have to do is use a little ingenuity and creativity to maximise their potential. But it's situations like this that proves there is absolutely no benefit in trying. May as well let Collingwood and * do all the heavy lifting to build AFL coffers, then everyone else just queues up for food stamps.

Personal opinion but it's time to shup up about Good Friday Football.

We are starting to sound really desperate.
Gee, let's just not say anything and watch other clubs claim they're taking our initiative while we lay down like pathetic dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite being a Catholic I would say Good Friday is by far the most boring day of the year.

No (decent) sport, hardly anything open, and if weather is no good like here it's just a non-event.

So despite it being a 'holy' day for many, i'm all for Good Friday footy as surely life doesn't stop for religious reasons.

And if anyone gets the game before us if it were to happen, it would be just plain wrong and inappropriate. So considering that, I think the AFL will schedule Hawks v Carlton.

Interesting to hear Vlad the Relocator on the wireless this morning. he said just because clubs have been asking for a Food Friday game for 15 or 20 years it doesn't give them the rights to the day. Said the AFL has not decided and hasn't even discussed it (thats crap). Sounded a bit over the media chat.

Interesting to hear Vlad the Relocator on the wireless this morning. he said just because clubs have been asking for a Food Friday game for 15 or 20 years it doesn't give them the rights to the day. Said the AFL has not decided and hasn't even discussed it (thats crap). Sounded a bit over the media chat.

Mmmmmm. Food Friday.

Get stuffed AFL
We pioneered everything - give us something in acknowledgement for that

That said - if we want the game then we should go to the AfL with a fully organised proposal for the match, sponsorships, donation strategy etc. Lock in all of the arrangements on an exclusive basis. Get the charities to pledge their support to our concept. Make it too hard to say no.

Given Collingwood's lack of premiership success in my lifetime - I would say they are an embarrassment of riches.

Still transitioning from the VFL to the AFL

They screwed us for years with Friday night football, they'll screw us over with this, just so little Eddie can sleep nice and well in his mansion the fat tub of insignificant, foul, nasty, unpleasant, repulsive, dishonourable, depraved, debased, shameful, despicable tub of lard. He and his toothless mates can bugger off, while he thinks the small clubs are insignificant, guess what eddie most people find you insignificant and an obnoxious w**ker. End of rant

Remove this Banner Ad

Good Friday v Carlton, "Lock it in"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back