Good luck to the following teams who will need to rebuild while Gold Coast concessions are in place

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Good luck to the following teams who will need to rebuild while Gold Coast concessions are in pl

if he was the best player in the tac, what does it say about the dees ability to develop players into good afl players.

Its common knowledge that Neale Daniher and his cronies were woeful in the are of player development.

You arent telling me anything new.

Re: Good luck to the following teams who will need to rebuild while Gold Coast concessions are in pl

Its common knowledge that Neale Daniher and his cronies were woeful in the are of player development.

You arent telling me anything new.
so why do you have so much confidence in bailey to develop the kids. i have seen nothing from him or melbourne to suggest they are on the right path. some of his "experiments" in recent weeks must make even the most staunch demons fans question his ability.

so why do you have so much confidence in bailey to develop the kids. i have seen nothing from him or melbourne to suggest they are on the right path. some of his "experiments" in recent weeks must make even the most staunch demons fans question his ability.

You couldnt be more wrong.

For starters, Warnock, Garland and Jamar all did nothing under Daniher.

Bailey has all three of them up and running. In fact Jamar booted 5 goals on the weekend.

He unleashed Woneamirri last year, and Jurrah this year.

Ricky Petterd has come along in leaps and bounds, as has Matthew Bate.

In Danihers last season, we had NATHAN CARROLL as our key backman playing on the oppositions best forward.

Now we have a mix of Warnock, Frawley, Garland, Grimes, Martin, Rivers etc etc. who have all looked superb down back.

He has rejuvenated Aaron Daveys career.

And what about Colin Sylvia? Looked lost and useless under Dainiher and now Bailey has him playing out of his skin.

Every smart Melb. fan is delighted to get picks 1 and 2. We could be Richmond, West Coast, or Norf and have nothing to show for a pathetic year. Very, very happy with Bailey and the whole Melb. Board for making the right call and 'experimenting'.

Also, Bailey has done what Daniher never did - drop players like Miller, Yze, White, etc. He traded Bongstone and we landed Grimes. He's also got Sylvia playing his best footy, Warnock has come on in leaps and bounds, Garland had a great year in 08 before injury struck, Davey has gone to another level, Frawley has improved out of sight...

Thanks for your interest, Flog:thumbsu:

Sylvia still got a club suspension in Round 1. And didn't return immediately after his three-game one handed down by the AFL.

Bate was always expected to improve as a first round selection from a couple of seasons back. Frankly, it's rare for a first rounder to remain at the same level after three seasons.

Warnock, Frawley, Garland and Rivers are all still quite unproven and it shows. I guess there is time on their side though. They don't excite me though.

Jamar isn't even a walk-up first ruckman for the Demons this year. Although I guess that 5 goal aberration means he's cemented his spot for next week.

As for Wona and Jurrah, flashy but can they settle down and produce decent results week in week out? Time will tell.

I'm not holding my breath though.

well if he is so bloody good and has all these players playing like stars, why are you bottom again. agree with davey, not sold on sylvia yet. they didnt even bring him in after he served his suspension. why. wanted to teach him a lesson. please. how old were warnock garland and jamar when daniher was there. agree woneamirri and jurrah look promising but i would argue they play on raw emotion and energy at this stage rather than having been developed into good players by bailey.

Every smart Melb. fan is delighted to get picks 1 and 2. We could be Richmond, West Coast, or Norf and have nothing to show for a pathetic year. Very, very happy with Bailey and the whole Melb. Board for making the right call and 'experimenting'.

Also, Bailey has done what Daniher never did - drop players like Miller, Yze, White, etc. He traded Bongstone and we landed Grimes. He's also got Sylvia playing his best footy, Warnock has come on in leaps and bounds, Garland had a great year in 08 before injury struck, Davey has gone to another level, Frawley has improved out of sight...

Thanks for your interest, Flog:thumbsu:
every smart melb. fan also knows you need those picks to make up for the jack watts disgrace. if he was at any other club you too would be laughing.

LOL

Watts is going to be a star you WA flog:thumbsu:
wa flog. what a classic one liner that was. and watts is going to be a star too. stop it i cant breathe

Norf won't finish ahead of us in the next decade.
Hey Trav, I've read this thread with amusement as you make yourself look more and more stupid with every post. This one is the winner. North will finish ahead of Melbourne next year, for starters. And you will settle for the usual dribble of 'we want to lose, we're rebuilding and stockpiling draft picks'. I'm not sure which is more pathetic : that you admit it, or that you actually believe it.

Funny user name by the way : in honor of Travis, the lazy, soft, talented no. 1 draft pick who had to go to Brisbane in order to learn how to contribute to a real football team. :thumbsu:

Hey Trav, I've read this thread with amusement as you make yourself look more and more stupid with every post. This one is the winner. North will finish ahead of Melbourne next year, for starters. And you will settle for the usual dribble of 'we want to lose, we're rebuilding and stockpiling draft picks'. I'm not sure which is more pathetic : that you admit it, or that you actually believe it.

Funny user name by the way : in honor of Travis, the lazy, soft, talented no. 1 draft pick who had to go to Brisbane in order to learn how to contribute to a real football team. :thumbsu:
Odds for next years premiership:

Saints $3
Collingwood $4.50
Geelong $4.50
Carlton $10
Western Bulldogs $10
Hawthorn $15
Adelaide $17
Brisbane $26
West Coast $41
Essendon $51
Sydney $51
Melbourne $67
Port Adelaide $67
Richmond $81
Fremantle $101
North Melbourne $101

Honestly, North Melbourne. You are an absolute joke of a side. We have won 7 games in the last 2 years yet everyone in the football public knows we are on the way up and far ahead of you gimps. The odds, whilst minorly flawed (West Coast should be around 500-1), look pretty good to me.

Using TAB odds as abase for your argument.
You really are a joke of the highest order, I would feel sorry for you if you were not such a ****stick

Using TAB odds as abase for your argument.
You really are a joke of the highest order, I would feel sorry for you if you were not such a ****stick
Coughlan
Tim Nielson=moron

Richmond <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ROFL
Peter Siddle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those odds reflect the reality that some complete fools, like you, are willing to throw away money by betting on Melbourne to win the flag next year. Really, it would be quicker to withdraw some $100 notes from the ATM and set fire to them.

I wouldn't be foolish enough to put money on North to win the flag in 2010.

However, if you'd like a friendly wager on which team will finish higher on the ladder next year, I'd be happy to take some $ off you. :)

However, if you'd like a friendly wager on which team will finish higher on the ladder next year, I'd be happy to take some $ off you. :)
Oh God i would definately be into that one.

Might aswell shout FREE MONEY!! from the top of your lungs.

Shoot me a PM to see how it can be arranged.

yet delude yourself into thinking you will suddenly turn the switch and become competitive next year.

Sad, yet also highly amusing. :D

Norf will just continue on in their never-ending streak of mediocrity, whereas Melbourne will continue to improve and climb up the ladder.

Seriously, you hire the only coach who won't knock you back, you have horrendous facilities, you turn some of the greatest talents in the league (e.g. Wells) into average players and your on-field performances are nothing more than mediocre.

That is the sad reality of it all for North fans.

The odds, whilst minorly flawed (West Coast should be around 500-1), look pretty good to me.
Haha, Must hurt having everyone know WC are a better side and will finish higher than Melbourne next year. My condolences

Haha, Must hurt having everyone know WC are a better side and will finish higher than Melbourne next year. My condolences

liamjurrahvwestcoast3.gif

Is school finished already?

I understand melgorne pitting themselves against the benchmark of the competition, you know being the most successfull club since the inception of the AFL. Winning 3 flags while Melgorne are 45 years into a meltdown. But the obsession is starting to get Failmantle like.

Yep, everything's coming up Melbourne. In a couple of years' time, all our hard work down the bottom gathering elite young players will start to bare fruit, while other teams will have to face a drafting storm of Katrina like proportions. In the space of a few years, we've gone from having one of the oldest lists in the comp, to the youngest - and we could not have timed it any better. It's a beautiful thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck to the following teams who will need to rebuild while Gold Coast concessions are in place

Remove this Banner Ad

Back