Review Good vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Hamill's game looked ok. Glad he given another chance although I thought he was gone.
I liked his run which we were desperately missing.

That half back line needs players with the confidence to run at the defence. Smith doesn't do this anymore.

Adding Hamil alomgside Nank and cook we've created a lot more run and flair in that back line.

Throw Hinge in there with confidence and we start to get the run we need to play a fast attacking game.

I would still throw Laird back there to be part of that half back line.

With a little coaxing, the little seen fair weather galah can be drawn from its nest. Scavenging for attention, it will stay close to the ground before returning to the nest; only to return at the next sight of victory 🤣🤣

I can see why only the bedwetters think you're funny!
The highly intelligent FWG's can see right through your pathetic attempts at trolling. Keep em coming though. It's keeping my kids entertained. They love galahs

Good: The run-on, play-on urgency lesson that our youth gave the likes of Smith and Laird yesterday, also how to deliver the ball forward.
Better: Berry subbed on with real game impact.
Congrats to him for realising a boyhood dream (kick the match-winner in an AFL game :D) and thanks for making us so happy!
Best: a gutsy, come-from-behind win --- more of those, please.

Bad: Ch7 commented on the News tonight that the win "kickstarted the Crows Season", which Nicks should have done in Round One, not Round Five :grimacing: :madv1:.
Whoda thunk that the game style and use of our youth would create what we saw last night?
(Most of us, actually :expressionless:)

Ugly: this, below ... nailed it.
UGLY:
Our selections and gameplan.
Fancy not giving Nank and Cook more games over the last 12 months.
Fancy not giving Soligo, Rankine & Rachelle more midfield time over the last 12 months.
Fancy thinking Laird, Crouch and Dawson is our best CBA setup for soooooooooooooooooooooooooo long.
The Apricot slicers thinking Nicks is a genius by playing Soligo and Rankine for the CBA's, us BF numpties have been calling for this for 12 months. IF we can see it, why has it taken so long for Nicks?
Well said. Why, indeed?

Main point here is it's been a gradual progression in this direction for a couple of weeks. I don't think the coaching staff decided to make a radical change this week, I think they have been working towards a new setup and you can see it happening each week with the changes. Hopefully what we saw tonight was the team settling in to the new setup and we keep making some gradual tweaks.
The "thumbs down" emoji is a bit harsh, but I gotta disagree, with respect.

I've seen no "working towards a new setup". If that was happening, it should have happened in the pre-season, drilled into them every session and played in Round One.

There's been no "settling in", no "new setup" that was finally tweaked and played last night. Last night's Crows were completely different from the fumbly, hesitant 0-4 losers we've been horrified by.

Somebody has finally got through to Nicks (Rachele has begged publicly the last 2 weeks to get midfield time).
I don't know who it was (King? a deputation of players? one of the Assistants? all of those?) but there was nothing in the first 4 losses that made me think last night was going to happen.
The surprise win, the way it was won, was stunning and not part of a progression <== if Nicks is claiming that, then he is a fraud because we saw what his preparation was and what it resulted in; that dismal 0-4 start.

Mind you a devastating Crows loss, is the tonic for sedation.

I will never forget that Prelim Final loss to the Eagles back in the 00s, it was only about 6pm and I went straight to bed and woke up the next day. One of the longest sleeps Ive ever had.
It had the opposite effect on me.
I was like a zombie for days.

Even worse, the 2017 GF loss. I'm still salty and miserable about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the highlights again, how did Rankine not get a free moments before Berry goaled? Handballs it off, then is driven into the ground.

I also thought the Carlton bloke smashing it over the line was a deliberate out of bounds at the time.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Then Charlie “constantly kissed on the dick by the umps” Curnow nearly removes Berry’s head.. play on..

spenze any more goss on the Hombsch coaches address?

Nicks: I am not sure why we are 0-4, I am embracing the expectation, the board can see it, that is why they have given me another contract, are we doing something wrong?

Van Berlo: We aren't doing anything wrong, its the players, I mean they are trying hard...

Burns: But they should be trying harderer

Van Berlo: yes, harderer...and with our fitness we could even go the next level

Burns: Harderererer?

Nicks: I'm not sure anyone has coached their team to go hardererer, we'd be the first

Van Berlo: If we are taking it to that level we should get Burgess in here then to talk about more fitness

Burns: To be honest he really struggled against Melbourne, he needs to get fitterer

Nicks: Not that Burgess Scott, the other one

Burns: He has a twin?

Nicks: puts head in hands, yes, he has a twin Scott

Burns: Wow, OK, I didn't know that, are they identical?

Nicks: Scott, can you get the lunches for us (Burns leaves the room)

Hombsch: We don't need to play harder...

Van Berlo: We are past that now, we are up to hardererer, maybe even harrdererer and if we are doing that, we might even have to set up an offsite injection room

Hombsch: No we just need to play smarter

Van Berlo: Or smarterer

Nicks: Go on

and then Hombsch got up and said his piece, a plan to stretch an opposition's defence.

2 days later Burns came back with lunch.

I'm not sure it went down exactly like that ( the Burns bits are 100%) but yeah we have a coach in our group with a plan that I heard second hand

I liked his run which we were desperately missing.

That half back line needs players with the confidence to run at the defence. Smith doesn't do this anymore.

Adding Hamil alomgside Nank and cook we've created a lot more run and flair in that back line.

Throw Hinge in there with confidence and we start to get the run we need to play a fast attacking game.

I would still throw Laird back there to be part of that half back line.
Fxxk kick and hope laird.. its time to put Curtin at half back..

Get him in there with an aim to move him into the middle ..

This dumbfxxk club will, no doubt, play him as a KPD in the sanfl all year..

He’s got talent, but he’s an uncompetitive type who is conditional in his efforts.

That’s why he’s struggled to nail down a place.

It’s not ability. Hopefully they can harden him up
McHenry, a Nicks fave, dropped a chest mark in the first quarter after a generous, direct pass from Tex and also missed a sitter.
With 6.30 to play Cook nailed a relatively easy goal but must have been under huge pressure for a kid; was the first-of-three that won the game.
You might be right about hardness/toughness (I haven't noticed tbh) but I'd retain Cook over McHenry.

No dogs its that they are never accountable for the crap they say or admit they are ever wrong

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hang on a sec..

You reckon you haven't been on here reading or posting for the past few weeks due to a death in the family…

Now you're claiming posters in here “are never made accountable for the crap they say”.. referring to the absolute smashing many in here have been giving nicksy and the club from rounds 1-4.. the last few weeks!

Thats strange.. how do you know what all these posters have been saying in the past four weeks if you weren’t in here?..

You’re a piss weak apologist that can NEVER accept criticism of the club.. and you stay quiet desperately waiting for a win so you can come out swinging claiming all those providing criticisms were wrong..

Anyways.. do keep it up.. You’re embarrassing yourself and its fun to watch.

This is why your application to the entourage was rejected ;)
Truth Or Dare Wow GIF by Step

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back