Review Good vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane and media already trying to make a distinction between the two...Butters just lucky the contact wasnt more severe.
Imo there’s a clear distinction.
Crouch goes past the footy and comes back on it.
His first intention is the bump the bloke.
Butters has a poor attempt at going for the ball, but the potential for injury was far more due to the reckless speed he went in with.
Both 1 week

Fair to say it's been a garbage & hugely disappointing start to the year though there were some positive signs last week against Melbourne but from first bounce yesterday everything looked like it clicked. Even if we lost that I was walking away disappointed but pleased with what I saw.

Just a cracking game of footy, credit to both sides for never giving up or going away. Fortunately we finally broke our honorable loss hoodoo.

Bad:

Obrien - To me it felt like he was soundly beaten, not to question the effort was there all day but his direct opponents had a lot of clearances themselves.
Agree with rest of the post, but no way was ROB soundly beaten - he broke even at worst. Also you could've given some accolades to Hamill too...he was excellent.

Any more Berrlievers?

(OK... I promise I'll stop trying to make that a thing)

View attachment 1958892

And he can kick! Now threading match-winning, clutch goals on a weekly basis. I never should have doubted you in that regard, Bezza

Even Nick Gill could snap a goal, he just couldn’t kick in field play or set shots ;)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, there's massive justifiable criticisms there, and big concerns about the capabilities of the coaching group as it stands. It feels lightweight.

I just don't worry too much about what's said at press conferences - it's the equivalent of being concerned with team lineups.

Maybe it shouldn’t matter, but it does. Press conferences are where coaches can address supporters and media, if you’re giving bad answers the pressure just builds.

And builds

But that wasn’t the point of the my post anyway. The flog has been absent whilst we’ve been winless and his return after a win was to start getting stuck into posters. He’s a muppet.

Have you noticed the fair weather types, with guilty consciences, are now just lurk disliking

Hilarious! 🤣🤣🤣

The best part of this game was the way we kept at it. We kept our composure and finally won a close game AND away!
I felt we showed this against the Dees last round but our charge at the end was made too late. Hopefully this last couple of rounds is a sign things are turning around with the players mindset.
And the kicking for goals was great! Wish it was like this every damn week!

That’s 3 in a row against Carlton - and 2 of them we went in to the game as massive underdogs!

Carlton also lost to us in 2020 - I think they’ve only beaten us 3 times since 2014!

There aren’t many sides that we’ve dominated in recent years but yeah we know how to knock off Carlton consistently.

Also, how good is it to get a close win for once - and a close away win!

Would that be our first win in Victoria since we beat the Bulldogs in Ballarat in 2022, and our first win at Marvel since our ‘home’ win there against Hawthorn in 2021?
And if the blind and stubborn goal umpire last year had done his job... our elimination final would have been against... Carlton!

Q1 9:00. Michalaney under pressure in the back 50. Gets a 35m kick off as he's being bumped and laces someone out on the boundary.

Seriously good footballer. Would be in our top 5 best players even if everyone was in form.
Agree. Max has 300 game player written all over him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back