Got a Random Question? Ask it Here. (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have both Heath and Rhys Shaw. I accidentally put Rhys on the bench instead of Heath. Maguire was my emergency. Given Heath didnt play does Maguire replace him as an emergency or does that only apply when thee is a late withdrawal. Doh!

Who did you put on the field for R.Shaw?

As long as a player doesn't take the field, the emg will replace the zero score. So yes, you will get Maguire's score.

I have both Heath and Rhys Shaw. I accidentally put Rhys on the bench instead of Heath. Maguire was my emergency. Given Heath didnt play does Maguire replace him as an emergency or does that only apply when thee is a late withdrawal. Doh!

Only applies with late withdrawls.

Who did you put on the field for R.Shaw?

As long as a player doesn't take the field, the emg will replace the zero score. So yes, you will get Maguire's score.

I put Hunt on for R.Shaw and had Maguire as emergency. But I didnt get a Maguires score. So either this only applies for late changes or they have made an error

Pretty sure the only change to the emergency system is that if a player takes the field, gets injured and scores 0, that 0 will stand and be counted. Where in previous years if they took the field, got injured in the opening few minutes and did have any points yet, you woudl still be covered by an emergency.

So for an emergency score to be counted, the player can not take the field, they must be a late withdrawl.

Does anyone know where you can get a players kicking efficiency rate from. Preferably looking for per game as well as season averages? Any help would be appreciated.

Pretty sure the only change to the emergency system is that if a player takes the field, gets injured and scores 0, that 0 will stand and be counted. Where in previous years if they took the field, got injured in the opening few minutes and did have any points yet, you woudl still be covered by an emergency.

So for an emergency score to be counted, the player can not take the field, they must be a late withdrawl.

Nail on the head mate. :thumbsu:
"NOTE that in the 2010 competition, players who are actually named and in the starting 22 for any match, AND score a 0 for any reason, will NO LONGER be replaced by an emergency. Their 0 score will also have an affect on their value, being recorded as having played a game. " - DT rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's correct but not relevant to what we were talking about.

No, that's not right. An emergency score will also be counted if the player is not originally selected in the 22 and does not play. The question that was originally asked was should Mcguire's score count if he was an emergency replacing Heath Shaw who wasn't selected at all for Collingwood. The answer is yes.

I put Hunt on for R.Shaw and had Maguire as emergency. But I didnt get a Maguires score. So either this only applies for late changes or they have made an error

I assume your backline would've been ...

5 Defenders, Hunt, Heath Shaw [Maguire (emg), Rhyce Shaw]?

Then Maguire's score should have definitely counted ... check to see if the individual scores add up.

If not, either you didn't have Maguire as emg or you haven't described it clearly enough.

Just a quick one - not really worthy of a new thread - anyone else concerned about Goddard whilst Roo is out.

He played forward against the Roos - which was fine - but when Roo went down on the weekend - he went forward and had his scoring torched.

My concern is that he may now find a move to the forward line for the next month or so - which I don't think will be great for his scoring!

That's correct but not relevant to what we were talking about.

No, that's not right. An emergency score will also be counted if the player is not originally selected in the 22 and does not play. The question that was originally asked was should Mcguire's score count if he was an emergency replacing Heath Shaw who wasn't selected at all for Collingwood. The answer is yes.

Didn't he say Rhys Shaw?

Just a quick one - not really worthy of a new thread - anyone else concerned about Goddard whilst Roo is out.

He played forward against the Roos - which was fine - but when Roo went down on the weekend - he went forward and had his scoring torched.

My concern is that he may now find a move to the forward line for the next month or so - which I don't think will be great for his scoring!

Without answer the question I'm going to give a solution :D

Even if it does, for now you arnt going to bench him or trade him. If you want to get ahead of the pack and trade him beofre his scoring dropps as you are suggesting not only is that a gutsty move but i feel a dumb one...

He could kick 3 goals a game to make up for the extra kicks he misses out on down back anyway.

Without answer the question I'm going to give a solution :D

Even if it does, for now you arnt going to bench him or trade him. If you want to get ahead of the pack and trade him beofre his scoring dropps as you are suggesting not only is that a gutsty move but i feel a dumb one...

He could kick 3 goals a game to make up for the extra kicks he misses out on down back anyway.
His scoring may be a touch down this week, but with Kosi back next week,he will be back to normal

I think Goddards scores will start to slow and his price will drop off. Will become alot chepaer im hoping and a good player to pick up.

Only scored 20 or was it 30 when Riewodlt wasnt there and he went forward.

I think Goddards scores will start to slow and his price will drop off. Will become alot chepaer im hoping and a good player to pick up.

Only scored 20 or was it 30 when Riewodlt wasnt there and he went forward.

Goddards quarter by quarter vs. the Pies:

1. 35
2. 28
3. 14
4. 20

Riewoldt was injured halfway through the second meaning Goodard scored ~48pts for the remainder of the game (2.5 quarters). Projected for a full game of no Voldt is ~77pts.

Very loose calculation but could be indicative of future performance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back