Got a Random Question? Ask it Here. (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your understanding is incorrect.

Jolldo, while we are on the point of players statistics, what is your understanding of what champion data deem as a tackle. This has always intrigued me.

I was always of the understanding that a tackle is awarded only in an instance where it has caused a stoppage in play (ie a ball up or holding the ball decision) or it creates a direct turnover. So in an instance where a player tackles someone with the ball and it spills free and straight to a team mate of the tackler I always thought this was deemed a tackle. Apparently it isnt, either that or the people at the ground miss quite a few stats (which is understandable).

Jolldo, while we are on the point of players statistics, what is your understanding of what champion data deem as a tackle. This has always intrigued me.

I was always of the understanding that a tackle is awarded only in an instance where it has caused a stoppage in play (ie a ball up or holding the ball decision) or it creates a direct turnover. So in an instance where a player tackles someone with the ball and it spills free and straight to a team mate of the tackler I always thought this was deemed a tackle. Apparently it isnt, either that or the people at the ground miss quite a few stats (which is understandable).

Yeah thats about right wrt tackling, if it pins the player causing a spillage or a stoppage in play it will be given. If the ball is hanballed out by the player however, you will not get the tackle.

Yeah thats about right wrt tackling, if it pins the player causing a spillage or a stoppage in play it will be given. If the ball is hanballed out by the player however, you will not get the tackle.

Ha ha funny you should say that as I was talking with the duffman yesterday and he was annoyed that he only got the one tackle in their round 3 match v geelong when he counted 4. i felt robbed by champion data :p

I thought during a tackle if the ball end's up in dispute or in your teams possession then it counts as a tackle regardless of how the opponent disposes of the ball?

What price is Dean Ciox likely to Bottom out at? Thinking of trading him in for Seaby next week..

I suppose a lot depends on whether he back up last weeks score with another solid one. His current BE is 105 i think and he is averaging 67. If he gets a score of around 70 this week then he should drop by 15-20k. But even if this were to happen i doubt that he would be getting any lower than that $340-$350k range as id expect him to start putting some decent scores together as his match fitness is now improved.

I thought during a tackle if the ball end's up in dispute or in your teams possession then it counts as a tackle regardless of how the opponent disposes of the ball?

That was my understanding as well initially but it seems that champion data dont even award a tackle if you tackle an opponent and the ball spills free and goes straight to your team mate......

I feel robbed ;)

Any update on the supposed Dream Team iPhone application? Really disappointed that this has not yet been released. DT has fallen far behind Supercoach in this respect, pretty poor effort

I've observed that incorrect disposal is not being called at all this year and the ball is spilling free from tackles and "play on" is being called every time.

So do you get 4 points if the ball spills free and no whistle is blown?? I didn't think you did.

I was told last year that it had to be a stoppage in play from a ball up, holding the ball turnover or a tackle over the boundary line. It's my understanding that "play on" is 0 points every time.

I'm wondering if i should play Podsiadly. I've got Brown, Higgins, Gia, Hall, ROK, Ziebell and Gray so I don't know who to take out for him. Your opinions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any update on the supposed Dream Team iPhone application? Really disappointed that this has not yet been released. DT has fallen far behind Supercoach in this respect, pretty poor effort

I believe it has been released, albeit in the form of the AFL's new piece of shit 2010 App.

It costs $6 per month to use, has advertisements in it, and is apparently ****ing crap anyway.

You'd have to be high to pay for it.

On a side note, I noticed that monty made mention of an iPhone friendly version of his fanfooty site. I thought it might even have been coming out this week.

Otherwise, if you don't already know about it, try going to aflwap.virtualsports.com.au

I believe it has been released, albeit in the form of the AFL's new piece of shit 2010 App.

It costs $6 per month to use, has advertisements in it, and is apparently ****ing crap anyway.

You'd have to be high to pay for it.

On a side note, I noticed that monty made mention of an iPhone friendly version of his fanfooty site. I thought it might even have been coming out this week.

Otherwise, if you don't already know about it, try going to aflwap.virtualsports.com.au

I feared that may have been the case. Absolutely pathetic. Yeah the wap site is decent enough I guess..

i have a similar dilemma....

Should i play the Pod ahead of Gray or Balla???

Probably won't though, he's due for a shocker. Thoughts?

Whats the highest DT score from a single player in one game? I know Selwood got 180something last year. Has there ever been a 200+ score?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back