Goulburn Valley FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the comp being so even there's probably only 2 walk over matches (Euroa and Swans), so you'd want him every week.

Swans will be no walkover Tav, as was seen on the weekend when they pushed Mooroopna all the way. Got some very good young players.

Right on both counts, desperate and expensive,!!! though he is only playing selected games. Makes you wonder whats going on at Ky when the president is quoted as saying that Withers is too old and not what Ky are after and then 1 week later he announces that he will be returning.
Not a good look when the club is stating it has moved on with Linc only to call him back on the face of 2 losses.

make that 1 win 2 losses, if ky dont make finals then tat wont.ky,s young blokes played very well. beck outstanding, young was good and chambers real good on milne, whats with the guernsey 88?.tats talls were smashed , josh vick towelled up little then kirby.d.newman bog p newman too good for trewin. withers will only strengthen them. ky can win there next two.

make that 1 win 2 losses, if ky dont make finals then tat wont.ky,s young blokes played very well. beck outstanding, young was good and chambers real good on milne, whats with the guernsey 88?.tats talls were smashed , josh vick towelled up little then kirby.d.newman bog p newman too good for trewin. withers will only strengthen them. ky can win there next two.

I agree with half of your post Foxtrot, beck outstanding, chambers killed milne, and D Newman was bog, looking from the boundary line, Tatura did not handle the conditions as well as Kyabram, there talls Kirby little and Browning were beaten, but not the ideal conditions for the big forwards, loosing Cam Trewin in the first 5 minutes of the game and then Billy lovell at Qtr time did not help them, and kicking 1.7, listning at half time to Dirty was interesting to hear him say Tatura have gone in 50 3 more times for the game yet they led[ Kyabram] by 4 goals at half time. Kyabram looked as if they were playing like it was there last game and the kids for kyabram were really good.
Sneddan and Withers back in the side they certainly can make finals, and Tatura will not want to many wet games.[ but im sure they will regroup and be close to the 6] Was very impressed to see the Dirty and Steve D running water for the thirds at there clubs :thumbsu::thumbsu:
Listning to Steve after the game he didnt seem to distressed with the loss and was very positive, they have set there goal at being 3 wins from the first 6 games.

I agree with half of your post Foxtrot, beck outstanding, chambers killed milne, and D Newman was bog, looking from the boundary line, Tatura did not handle the conditions as well as Kyabram, there talls Kirby little and Browning were beaten, but not the ideal conditions for the big forwards, loosing Cam Trewin in the first 5 minutes of the game and then Billy lovell at Qtr time did not help them, and kicking 1.7, listning at half time to Dirty was interesting to hear him say Tatura have gone in 50 3 more times for the game yet they led[ Kyabram] by 4 goals at half time. Kyabram looked as if they were playing like it was there last game and the kids for kyabram were really good.
Sneddan and Withers back in the side they certainly can make finals, and Tatura will not want to many wet games.[ but im sure they will regroup and be close to the 6] Was very impressed to see the Dirty and Steve D running water for the thirds at there clubs :thumbsu::thumbsu:
Listning to Steve after the game he didnt seem to distressed with the loss and was very positive, they have set there goal at being 3 wins from the first 6 games.

I thought the most obvious was that Ky were much more direct with their ball movement where as tat were very stop start & left/right, didn't really seem to have a clear path to goal, & we all know the quickest way home is through the guts & ky were very good at that, also that ky's samller running guys were always there 2-3 wide ready to recieve & run!! Look the conditions weren't ideal for tats big guys but does that mean if it rains its guna be the same?? Well most afl clubs drop big guys if the conditions dont suit having too many talls but u cant do that at gv level so i think they just have to wotk their structures better with the big guys & the conditions!! I did notice though that the grass could have been cut an inch shorter in some spots!! But i guess it just goes to show that with the comp being more even than in recent years u cant afford to drop any games, especially at home & ky were on their game last nite!!
& listneing to steve daniels talk he must be 1 of the calmest coaches i have ever heard talking, nothing seems to stress him out much!

See Rochy had a big win over Echuca today.. Pretty impressive start by the tigers, esp when not many on here had them in the top 6. Their results now suggest that they are top 4 material and at the very least a very good shot of playing finals.

Witnessed the Echuca - Rochester match today and found the game extremely entertaining. As a long time supporter of GV footy, it appears the standard has once again risen (big call on the back of one game, granted).

Rochester presented as a very organised and focused unit. Outplayed in the first quarter, they remained calm and appeared confident their best would get them back in the game. Their hard running game was good to watch and as with all games between these sides, the physicality was impressive.

As for Echuca, we know what a well credentialed club they are and when the do turn things on, it will be impressive. We saw this in doses today and it will only improve as the weeks roll on and they further gel as a team.

I thought the most obvious was that Ky were much more direct with their ball movement where as tat were very stop start & left/right, didn't really seem to have a clear path to goal, & we all know the quickest way home is through the guts & ky were very good at that, also that ky's samller running guys were always there 2-3 wide ready to recieve & run!! Look the conditions weren't ideal for tats big guys but does that mean if it rains its guna be the same?? Well most afl clubs drop big guys if the conditions dont suit having too many talls but u cant do that at gv level so i think they just have to wotk their structures better with the big guys & the conditions!! I did notice though that the grass could have been cut an inch shorter in some spots!! But i guess it just goes to show that with the comp being more even than in recent years u cant afford to drop any games, especially at home & ky were on their game last nite!!
& listneing to steve daniels talk he must be 1 of the calmest coaches i have ever heard talking, nothing seems to stress him out much!

Thats him mate, one of the best speakers ive heard and most of the time calm [ unless you steal a turkey of him], and just a class act, well its on tomorrow the lions v Magpies, and we are ready to fire and get our first win for the season, we welcome a number of players back, whats the go up in Echuca, 1-3, im sure there going to come good, but im sure with the list they are not happy with the start of the season. Mansfield is the other side i have tiped to finish top 4, but hey, its only round 3, and Shepp United, Echuca,kyabram and Mansfield i think will finish still top 4. but Rochester and Mooroopna are making my selections look :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I see tht from the rochester vs echuca game archard, mcglone and pollock were all in the best for echuca. Interesting considering their midfield was r*ped after quarter time by rochy and in actual fact this played a major factor in y rochy were able to come out on top.

I see tht from the rochester vs echuca game archard, mcglone and pollock were all in the best for echuca. Interesting considering their midfield was r*ped after quarter time by rochy and in actual fact this played a major factor in y rochy were able to come out on top.

Height was Echuca's best by a mile. Just goes to show how hard it must have been to pick another 4 good players as Vale was on Archard and in Rochy's best 4 and McGlone was not involved for 4 quarters.
In saying the above Rochy beat Echuca and started the same way last year only to fall away in 2nd half of the year. I think if Rochy dont have injuries they will be top 4 as have played teams everyone has predicted as the top 4 in Ky, Mansfield and Echuca.
As stated earlier may have initially flown under the radar as have only really regained injured players from last year.

One of the players they have picked up from us (south cairns) Cam Joinbee 2009 best on ground in the North Queensland vs South Pacific game great player and a great bloke.

How has he gone to date? You always hope they live up to expectations when someone gives them a plug like this....

Why the hype about Echuca??? They have some good players but when i saw them V benalla they had from last year missing, ismail, Campbell, costello, Casey, briggs, Rinaldi so they need to get them back in asap

" but again, with the comp being so even there's probably only 2 walk over matches (Euroa and Swans), so you'd want him every week."

Good call T. Perry you ********!!!:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Siren went and was totally shattered, umpires walked to the score board, change scores, still shattered with a draw, we are better than that , lions...

Siren went and was totally shattered, umpires walked to the score board, change scores, still shattered with a draw, we are better than that , lions...

You're not giving Euroa much credit, Seymour were lucky to escape with a draw, even though they hit the front late in the game and could have stolen it very close to the final siren.

But Euroa was well on top for most of the game before Seymour fought back half way through the third quarter. In the last Euroa had no interchange with three bad injuries.

At final siren scoreboard showed Euroa up by one point but the goal umpires had to correct it. The error may have happened during the third term, and if that was the case the goal umpires should have corrected it at three quarter time.

You're not giving Euroa much credit, Seymour were lucky to escape with a draw, even though they hit the front late in the game and could have stolen it very close to the final siren.

But Euroa was well on top for most of the game before Seymour fought back half way through the third quarter. In the last Euroa had no interchange with three bad injuries.

At final siren scoreboard showed Euroa up by one point but the goal umpires had to correct it. The error may have happened during the third term, and if that was the case the goal umpires should have corrected it at three quarter time.

No they were great Tusken, sorry if it came across that way, i expected with our list that we have to win that game, and easy, we are a long way of playing our best football, and i agree we got out of it with a draw Euroa were better. 3 games and still have not won and have Kyabram next week:(

United will win.
Echuca are not warmed up yet, and haven't quite gelled as a team.
Maybe it's the old saying about a team of champs.
But they may be a few champs shorter soon, if the word on the grape vine is correct.
A couple of players may not be getting the money they were expecting!
Watched the Seymour game and the Lion's were disapointing.
They may have to adopt a more accountable and disciplined type of game.
Getting to training early and practising your basic skills for an extra 40 minutes might help you hit a target as well.Not to mention fitness.
Time to stop pretending your an AFL star when you have auskick skills.

United will win.
Echuca are not warmed up yet, and haven't quite gelled as a team.
Maybe it's the old saying about a team of champs.
But they may be a few champs shorter soon, if the word on the grape vine is correct.
A couple of players may not be getting the money they were expecting!
Watched the Seymour game and the Lion's were disapointing.
They may have to adopt a more accountable and disciplined type of game.
Getting to training early and practising your basic skills for an extra 40 minutes might help you hit a target as well.Not to mention fitness.
Time to stop pretending your an AFL star when you have auskick skills.

Cec Bull that is a load of Cr#p and barely deserves a reply. In fact my friend you might want to watch this space, could be more on the way to Vic Park!!!!!!! As for your comment about players leaving, in fact it's the opposite. Sh#t comment from someone who has no idea. Maybe concentrate on your own club.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back