Goulburn Valley FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions are welcome , self opinionated users aren't !
Yeaahh and executor , before giving a club some stick I suggest you consider weather you can cope getting some back , without going the man !

Personal discussion should be keeped to the PM service !

Pace to Freeze...need to clear something up...i wasn't giving a club some stick just pointing out some facts. Sorry for trying to create some discussion on the thread !!!!!...hasn't been much happening lately. As for Executor he knows how much we love each other. Happy to give and take some criticism...any time.
Have you got an opinion on Euroa's plight at the moment.. ? If you have, would love to hear it.:thumbsu:

Pace to Freeze...need to clear something up...i wasn't giving a club some stick just pointing out some facts. Sorry for trying to create some discussion on the thread !!!!!...hasn't been much happening lately. As for Executor he knows how much we love each other. Happy to give and take some criticism...any time.
Have you got an opinion on Euroa's plight at the moment.. ? If you have, would love to hear it.:thumbsu:
Euroa's plight is no different to most other club in country Victoria , with dwindling numbers being recording in most areas !!
With GV being a major league it has probably taken longer to have an effect ?
The game going national IMO, has seen a real absence of promotion within Country Vic , who knows what the AFL's review may bring up, one thing for sure , if it don't start spending more money promoting the game in Vic country many clubs may fall to far over the edge to be reclaimable .
AFL Vic Country ???
Oh and anyone got any news on a GV club who is struggling financially due to sponsors not paying up ?

Maybe with the planned "re-jig" for Football in Victoria the boundaries might change down the track. Was chatting to someone thru the week who suggested several clubs to the northern end of the GV aren't overly rapt with the trip to Mansfield anymore. . . . . who knows maybe the idea from 6-7 years ago about a district comp being based around the Seymour demographic might just grow legs yet ;)

Euroa's plight is no different to most other club in country Victoria , with dwindling numbers being recording in most areas !!
With GV being a major league it has probably taken longer to have an effect ?
The game going national IMO, has seen a real absence of promotion within Country Vic , who knows what the AFL's review may bring up, one thing for sure , if it don't start spending more money promoting the game in Vic country many clubs may fall to far over the edge to be reclaimable .
AFL Vic Country ???
Oh and anyone got any news on a GV club who is struggling financially due to sponsors not paying up ?

Beleive this is the case with many clubs. It's tough for business out their at the moment. Can you give a rough geographical location PTF ?

Would expect more from a moderator than to spread rubbish like that. Pretty ordinary but what do you expect......:(
Not spreading a rumour at all Ringo , haven't devuldged the club and never stated it was fact , the information was given to me be a committee member of a club , by the way the orange vest doesn't suit you !!;):D

Which side of the goulburn river

The purpose of raising the issue wasn't to single out any club as I suspect there may be more than a couple experiencing the same issue . The purpose was to raise discussion on local Footy and in particular the lack of available credible and willing sponsors .
To release particulars of the clubs IMO aint beneficial !

Agree their footy boss. Clubs do go thru stages of swings and round-a-bouts. My fear is that it might be a very big swing and a huge round-a-bout this time for poor old Euroa. They might not fold but i can't see them lasting in the GV. Every football follower doesn't want any side to fold but the mail i have is that this is a real possability for Euroa. Has anyone else heard this ?

It's not a real possibility at all.

Were you fearing Tatura folding a couple of years ago too? They couldn't win a game for a couple of years and they're going along fine at the moment. Their twos were ridiculously bad in about 05/06 but they've worked at it and came out the other side.

Shepparton didn't win a game last year.

What about Swans who forfeited a reserves game twice in the last five or so years? Whilst Euroa twos struggled to get numbers for Saturday due to a heap of injuries etc. (yes, all clubs get them), they still got out there on the park and fielded a side. If you think no club faces this problem from time to time you are living in Disneyland.

Thirds is obviously a huge problem that is now in the process of being rectified. The junior structures have changed slightly in the last ten years underneath thirds level which has put pressure on the U18's and it will be reviewed.

Below that there are huge numbers in the junior club so the future is not looking as dim as you may hope.

Every club goes through rough times, they just have to be worked through.
But you keep enjoying it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not a real possibility at all.

Were you fearing Tatura folding a couple of years ago too? They couldn't win a game for a couple of years and they're going along fine at the moment. Their twos were ridiculously bad in about 05/06 but they've worked at it and came out the other side.

Shepparton didn't win a game last year.

What about Swans who forfeited a reserves game twice in the last five or so years? Whilst Euroa twos struggled to get numbers for Saturday due to a heap of injuries etc. (yes, all clubs get them), they still got out there on the park and fielded a side. If you think no club faces this problem from time to time you are living in Disneyland.

Thirds is obviously a huge problem that is now in the process of being rectified. The junior structures have changed slightly in the last ten years underneath thirds level which has put pressure on the U18's and it will be reviewed.

Below that there are huge numbers in the junior club so the future is not looking as dim as you may hope.

Every club goes through rough times, they just have to be worked through.
But you keep enjoying it.

Tusken you have the wrong idea. If you read my previous posts carefully you would have seen that i am totally sympathetic to Euroa's situation. I stated that a number of times if you looked carefully. I will say it again...i understand their pain...yes other sides have gone through it and came out the other side. I at no stage said that i wanted Euroa out of the competition or anytrhing like that. I am simply saying that from the evidence in front of everyone it looks a long, long way back for Euroa for a number of reasons. I hope they can turn it around as every GV football follower does but in my opinon i think it might be a bit too long of a bow to draw. Hope i am proved wrong.

Tatura will be happy with that. Should even up the contest over a Rochester this Saturday.
I think the contest would have been fairly even when Campbell was playing, he's a big loss and it should help swing Tatura into favouritism

Just wondering who are the better young kids within the GVFL. from what I have heard Shepp Swans/ Shepp Bears have a good young list, just wondering who are the teams to look out for in the future?

Just wondering who are the better young kids within the GVFL. from what I have heard Shepp Swans/ Shepp Bears have a good young list, just wondering who are the teams to look out for in the future?

Just putting it out there but I reckon Rochy would have the youngest team in the gvfl

Tusken you have the wrong idea. If you read my previous posts carefully you would have seen that i am totally sympathetic to Euroa's situation. I stated that a number of times if you looked carefully. I will say it again...i understand their pain...yes other sides have gone through it and came out the other side. I at no stage said that i wanted Euroa out of the competition or anytrhing like that. I am simply saying that from the evidence in front of everyone it looks a long, long way back for Euroa for a number of reasons. I hope they can turn it around as every GV football follower does but in my opinon i think it might be a bit too long of a bow to draw. Hope i am proved wrong.

bad news for coach Lee rowe coming out of the euroa camp after the weekend.
He has been sacked and will be replaced by ex coach David Gleeson.
He will more than likely fulfill this years obligations as Gleeson is of o/seas for the next 2 months
I heard Rowe being interviewed on onefm on sat morn and he obiously had no idea of his current and future position

It is a shame that Euroa have seen fit to take this path as it does not instil much confidence when they appoint a new coach and then give him the flick after a few months

bad news for coach Lee rowe coming out of the euroa camp after the weekend.
He has been sacked and will be replaced by ex coach David Gleeson.
He will more than likely fulfill this years obligations as Gleeson is of o/seas for the next 2 months
I heard Rowe being interviewed on onefm on sat morn and he obiously had no idea of his current and future position

It is a shame that Euroa have seen fit to take this path as it does not instil much confidence when they appoint a new coach and then give him the flick after a few months
Surely not, I thought Lee had a contract for 2 years and considering what he has to work with he isn't doing too bad of a job.

Surely not, I thought Lee had a contract for 2 years and considering what he has to work with he isn't doing too bad of a job.

Jack - you better get of the couch or out of hospital and put your ear closer to the ground as the talk at VT training on tuesday night was that next season's Euroa coach D Gleeson has approached a few of our players to head to Euroa next year.

Im sure you will be able to sniff around and find the correct answer on this jax. I also heard the rumour of this happening, but just ignored it.

I was under the impression Lee was appointed for 2-3 years last year. I would find it surprising if he was sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back