Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll start with football by laws section GVFL season fixture : 5a .1 A season must consist of 18 home and away games...,.

Pretty clear that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So you are talking about a by-law ( which the board change at a board meeting) and about the amount of games that must be played , not that juniors can’t play unless the seniors play ?

So you are talking about a by-law ( which the board change at a board meeting) and about the amount of games that must be played , not that juniors can’t play unless the seniors play ?

I understand what a by-law is and how it all works. I’m on a board myself so I am extremely thankful for you reassurance and guidance.

When you delve into the constitution I think you will find it very difficult for a season to go ahead without the approval of ALL clubs. 8,9,10 clubs won’t make a season if only one club objects ....but hey...you have all the answers so you go fishing !

Has the board changed the by-laws yet?

I understand what a by-law is and how it all works. I’m on a board myself so I am extremely thankful for you reassurance and guidance.

When you delve into the constitution I think you will find it very difficult for a season to go ahead without the approval of ALL clubs. 8,9,10 clubs won’t make a season if only one club objects ....but hey...you have all the answers so you go fishing !

I think you’ll find what you are referencing is the by-laws which are rules set by the board which can be changed at any given time by the board . But hey if you think operational matters are contained within the rules , feel free to share .

Chelsea in the I think the MPNFL have pulled the pin mainly because of financial concerns if they play a half season with all the uncertainty going and a very high percentage of clubs in other competitions have the same thoughts remembering most senior football clubs do not have much money in the bank and quite a few are in the red.It seems in Chelsea F C 's competition it only requires 1 more team to pull the pin and that league will be no season either.Look at VAFA and clubs that play on private school ground or school grounds they will most likely not have access to.Still say as I said 2 months ago lets get the kids out there,if life returns back to normal August and these kids are playing and social rooms open get the senior players down to help the kids and get a few functions going in the social clubs and build up club's bank balances for 2021.

Normal Saturday morning. Jump on to see a heap of posts deleted
It wasn't a big deal.

Some people were discussing the potential identity of people on here. Other people advised some people that discussing peoples identities is a breach of big footy rules. Some people, or people, because other people definitely did not, reported the posts to big footy people and all posts were deleted.

Hopefully that is vague enough not to be deleted.

Last edited:
It wasn't a big deal.

Some people were discussing the potential identity of people on here. Other people advised some people that discussing peoples identities is a breach of big footy rules. Some people, or people, because other people definitely did not, reported the posts to big footy people and all posts were deleted.

Hopefully that is vague enough not to be deleted.

My fault and similar thoughts looking at Big Footy rules which I have just looked at "hinting at their name is completely against Big Footy rules" is not on and accept a couple of reprimands from you guys which is fair enough.I apologise and I hope you are all looking at the game in Adelaide tonight"crowds there ,not many but at least a start"

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My fault and similar thoughts looking at Big Footy rules which I have just looked at "hinting at their name is completely against Big Footy rules" is not on and accept a couple of reprimands from you guys which is fair enough.I apologise and I hope you are all looking at the game in Adelaide tonight"crowds there ,not many but at least a start"
Happy for anyone and everyone to know my name, nothing to hide here .... this whole thing gets tiring when posters we’d like to think carry enough credit and weight continually get picked off by non de plumes.

Happy for anyone and everyone to know my name, nothing to hide here .... this whole thing gets tiring when posters we’d like to think carry enough credit and weight continually get picked off by non de plumes.
If you are game enough to ‘bag’ people on here at least have the balls to put your name to it...gutless when people don’t and I’m talking personal crap!

Still no info on crowd sizes. This is the sticking point. Still think seasons won’t start for senior leagues. Great news for juniors.

Don’t understand this comment. “Great news for juniors?” Andrews has come out today and said over 18s can resume contact training and playing in July but unders can’t?

Don’t understand this comment. “Great news for juniors?” Andrews has come out today and said over 18s can resume contact training and playing in July but unders can’t?
The governments press release and in particular the reference to under 18’s commencement of contact training and playing was confusing.
I believe that juniors can commence contact training and playing on June 22.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back