Goulburn Valley FL - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL Thread (part 2)

It was not behind the play. Sutton was full speed taking a mark in the middle of the ground and Saad was coming the other direction. Very late, very unnecessary and very reportable. Don't know how many umpires reported him, but he was being spoken to by the goal umpire for a long time after the game and didn't look happy.
If Seymour are such a good side, they should beat Echuca wherever they play. There reserves seemed to have no troubles. Dylan Butler didn't play for Echuca, not sure who was out for Seymour.

It was not behind the play. Sutton was full speed taking a mark in the middle of the ground and Saad was coming the other direction. Very late, very unnecessary and very reportable. Don't know how many umpires reported him, but he was being spoken to by the goal umpire for a long time after the game and didn't look happy.
If Seymour are such a good side, they should beat Echuca wherever they play. There reserves seemed to have no troubles. Dylan Butler didn't play for Echuca, not sure who was out for Seymour.
Cheers thanks for the clarification :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Think you might have answered your own question there champ.
If he was reported by 6 umpires, it couldn't possibly be behind play.......although the umpiring standard in the GV is that poor, they may as well not be watching the play.

I think you'll find that seymour lost their best player (stevenson) in the first quarter had 2 other stars sent off in the game at the same time (saad and scanlon) so were playing with 16 men!!!! I think losing by 5 points wasn't too bad. Not to mention the players to come back in - Reid, King, Anderson, Clifton, Groves and Tim O'keefe. I dont think the seymour lads will be losing too much sleep over it! they've lost the last 3 years up there and won all three flags too!!!!

Think you might have answered your own question there champ.
If he was reported by 6 umpires, it couldn't possibly be behind play.......although the umpiring standard in the GV is that poor, they may as well not be watching the play.
Was my intial thoughts also, but some umpires are capable of anything, more so just trying to siff through the crap and find out which was true if any of it.
Cheers

I think you'll find that seymour lost their best player (stevenson) in the first quarter had 2 other stars sent off in the game at the same time (saad and scanlon) so were playing with 16 men!!!! I think losing by 5 points wasn't too bad. Not to mention the players to come back in - Reid, King, Anderson, Clifton, Groves and Tim O'keefe. I dont think the seymour lads will be losing too much sleep over it! they've lost the last 3 years up there and won all three flags too!!!!
Good discipline Seymour.
When the going gets hot the Seymour stars lose their cool!

Good discipline Seymour.

Pretty sure they have kept their cool the last three years on the last day Sunday in September. Wouldn't have thought it gets much hotter than that in GVL football.

Good discipline Seymour.

I think it is a tough call to generalise after one undisciplined act cellar dwellar? And in the grand final last year the swans did everything to get the lions sucked in with their verbal and physical rubbish - but they remained disciplined and won a third successive flag! I think your generalisation over a petty home and away match is way off the mark. Echuca might go off the boil every now and again if they were the "hunted" every week as seymour is for being so successful.

and was the incident behind play, and if it was, who was umpiring at the time:confused:

The incident wasnt behind play. sutton took the mark and saad came through with a high challenge.
Although it was high, and late, it was no where near behind play.
He could be looking at a small break, but im sure the lions will be able to fill the void, with green, loraine, colbert and tomkins all playing a very good brand of footy at the moment. With the week off they will come out fresh and ready with two big games in the two weeks after the bye.

Can anyone tell me, especially within the Seymour footy club, why Brendan Liddell is not in the interleague team? He was best on against echuca and always wins alot of the footy AND usually kicks goals when playing on ball. His first quarter against Rochester he kicked 5 goals in an outstanding display (and Rochy are a quality team). Did he decline the offer to play? Colbert is also another who surely would have been a walk up start?

The Lions might struggle for the next month or so if they lose Saad for a few weeks, Stevenson perhaps for the season and apparantly Scanlon has a groin injury that is restricting him. Echuca seem to have the wood over the seymour boys

Does that mean if Saad gets weeks and Scanlon is injured then they are both out of interleague conentions this week? Big hole to fill if those blokes are out. Brendan Liddell might have to write another letter to Fitzy to get a game this year. Can anyone put together a team to take on the VCFL Champs this week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The incident wasnt behind play. sutton took the mark and saad came through with a high challenge.
Although it was high, and late, it was no where near behind play.
He could be looking at a small break, but im sure the lions will be able to fill the void, with green, loraine, colbert and tomkins all playing a very good brand of footy at the moment. With the week off they will come out fresh and ready with two big games in the two weeks after the bye.
Thanks Baz, could you you tell me if ben clifton played and if not why, i was under the impession he was available this week due to coberg 2s not playing.

Mooroopna keep surprising, they had another good win, I wonder whether they can keep it up? Seymour just can't seem to win at Echuca and the Swans had a convincing win over Euroa. Could be an interesting finals serires?

What was said on 98.5fm on Saturday morning about a major league team looking at their options in the KDFL? I heard the intro but missed the story.

Big bad Balraj starting to hit his straps with a nice 11 goals, can he win the coleman medal you think:)

Anyone moving to Bendigo or looking for $ to play,

Sandhurst is still recruiting. Key position players preferred.

Leave me a message

A few of Rochy boys training there at the moment aren't they. Ya might have to get in their ear, sounds like Sandhurst need a fair bit of help.

Good discipline Seymour.

All reports have indicated you know absolutely nothing cellar dwellar...word is that Scanlon was sticking up for team mates in an "all in" and he was the only one pin pointed. Seems a bit strange to me. From all the reports I've heard him getting sent off was crap...Saad, not so crap. But he will do his time.

Seymour should employ the Shepparton advocate to get saad off. He seems to get every Shep player to ever front the tribuneral off scott free.

FBP.

All reports have indicated you know absolutely nothing cellar dwellar...word is that Scanlon was sticking up for team mates in an "all in" and he was the only one pin pointed. Seems a bit strange to me. From all the reports I've heard him getting sent off was crap...Saad, not so crap. But he will do his time.

Seymour should employ the Shepparton advocate to get saad off. He seems to get every Shep player to ever front the tribuneral off scott free.

FBP.

Not quite good enough on the weekend FBP..........;) were the boys in the animal suits there behind the goals at the caravan end. Were always quite humourous..?

FBP.

The only other avenue would be to get the representative for jarrod sutherland. he seems to be forever getting reduced penalties for dog acts behind the play.

Question? Can the league ask both clubs to supply the vidoe footage of the Saad Saad incident as they were both Videoing the Game on the day. My suggestion is that they can and if so i think Saad would be on the sidelines for at least 6-8 weeks. I was at the game and have also seen the footage.:confused: Whats people's take on that?

Question? Can the league ask both clubs to supply the vidoe footage of the Saad Saad incident as they were both Videoing the Game on the day. My suggestion is that they can and if so i think Saad would be on the sidelines for at least 6-8 weeks. I was at the game and have also seen the footage.:confused: Whats people's take on that?
it would be up to the club to offer it as evidence, the league could ask but the club would be under no obligation to supply it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back