Goulburn Valley FL - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovens & Murray FL 20.7-127 d. Goulburn Valley FL 12.8-80

Ovens & Murray FL
Goal Kickers: D. Clark 5, A. Cook 5, D. Leslie 3, J. Mackie 2, X. Leslie , M. Doolan , K. Kuschert , M. McDonald , J. Smith
Best Players: D. Clark, R. Ferraro, J. Smith, D. Leslie, X. Leslie

Goulburn Valley FL
Goal Kickers: P. Newman 7, P. Kirby 2, B. Vallender , C. Casey , B. Cosgriff
Best Players: P. Newman, L. Wellington, C. Casey, J. Sheahan, B. Collins

would it be save to say that paul newman is the best player going around in the gvfl? the couple games i wacthed him play this year have been un thinkable some of the things he does. havent see a player win a game of his own boot for a while and the scray thing he does it alot. any thoughts? any one think someone is better

would it be save to say that paul newman is the best player going around in the gvfl? the couple games i wacthed him play this year have been un thinkable some of the things he does. havent see a player win a game of his own boot for a while and the scray thing he does it alot. any thoughts? any one think someone is better

He is the VCFL captain from 2008 and probably the most freakish/ naturally talented player in the league. Saad would'nt be far off the mark either

He is the VCFL captain from 2008 and probably the most freakish/ naturally talented player in the league. Saad would'nt be far off the mark either

Put Newman in Seymour's side over the past 5 years at full forward and I'm guessing he would have had a minimum of 2 century seasons but more than likely more. Best and most valuable player in the comp in my opinion.

Who was the last team to go undefeated during a season?
didn't euroa go undefeated a few years back when they lost to the lions in the GF? I def rememebr they dominated all season only to go down in the GF but cant remember if they lost a game...maybe just one?

didn't euroa go undefeated a few years back when they lost to the lions in the GF? I def rememebr they dominated all season only to go down in the GF but cant remember if they lost a game...maybe just one?

They lost one game for the year, against Mansfield in round five (by 42 points).

Echuca 26.13-169 def. Benalla 12.10-82
Shepparton Swans 17.13-115 def. Shepparton United 14.12-96
Kyabram 22.10-142 def. Mansfield 13.11-89
Rochester 19.19-133 def. Euroa 11.5-71
Mooroopna 12.16-88 def. Seymour 11.12-78
Tatura v Shepparton tomorrow.

I reckon the final six is already settled. Echuca and United are two games out, and Seymour three.

1 Tatura 24*
2 Rochester 24
3 Shepparton 20*
4 Mansfield 20
5 Kyabram 20
6 Mooroopna 20
-------------------
7 Echuca 12
8 Shepparton Swans 12
9 Seymour 8
10 Euroa 4
11 Shepparton United 0
12 Benalla 0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think both Echuca and Swans can make it. Mooroopna have Shepp,Rochy and Mansfield in the next 3 weeks so if they drop those it opens up. Trewin had a shot after the siren and missed for Tat and Shepp won by a point. Once again some great games this weekend- Echuca V Kyabram,Rochester V Tatura, Shepparton V Mooroopna.:)

I think both Echuca and Swans can make it. Mooroopna have Shepp,Rochy and Mansfield in the next 3 weeks so if they drop those it opens up. Trewin had a shot after the siren and missed for Tat and Shepp won by a point. Once again some great games this weekend- Echuca V Kyabram,Rochester V Tatura, Shepparton V Mooroopna.:)
It was not Trewin that had a shot after the siren.. deno who told u that

I think both Echuca and Swans can make it. Mooroopna have Shepp,Rochy and Mansfield in the next 3 weeks so if they drop those it opens up.

Echuca were very impressive when I saw them against Rochy. However, they are a pretty young team so they might drop off in the second part of the year. I'm not really sure about the Swans. They have some handy players, but they seem to be very up and down.

They are both decent teams, but I just can't see them knocking out any of the final six, except maybe Mooroopna. Tatura, Rochy and Shepp are already a game ahead and have been very impressive. Mansfield have been good and Kyabram have been great the past two weeks. Mooroopna would be the one to knock out of that final six, but I think they are good enough to stay in.

It's shaping up as an exciting season.

can ky win the flag? heard a rumour that they made over thirty grand from the auction they held on saturday night and now they are goin shopping for a new ruckman. so can they win it or are rochy still goin to be in another class come the end of the year

Paul Kirby and Ben Cosgriff both to miss the big top of the table clash with Rochester this weekend due to hamstring strains.
Big loss. Should see Rochy go in as heavy favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back