Graham J ohncock

Remove this Banner Ad

iceman21

Senior List
Jan 29, 2003
South Australia
Other Teams
crows
Is it me or has he slipped back this year?

Unfortunately he hasn't settled into the midfield role everyone was touting at the start of the year, sems to get flipped around from one spot to the next.

Would it be worth just keeping him up forward for the remainder of the year - hopefully he could kick a few!

Originally posted by iceman21
Is it me or has he slipped back this year?

Unfortunately he hasn't settled into the midfield role everyone was touting at the start of the year, sems to get flipped around from one spot to the next.

Would it be worth just keeping him up forward for the remainder of the year - hopefully he could kick a few!

He's done a few bursts which have been quite respectable, but there's no doubt he has a long way to go in aerobic fitness before he'll do justice to playing on the ball and a flank.

Give him another tough pre-season next year and he'll get better at the dual roles - it's just not natural to him at this stage.

I saw him out on Hindley St last night.

I was a bit merry but, he did appear to have a bit of a beer gut...maybe he;s been enjoying himself a bit too much this year?

Stiffy started the 1st month or so very well, but his form dropped off a bit after that. Surprising he hasn't been moved to a different position (including bursts in the midfield) when he has had quieter games. Thought he was OK Friday night & 1 of the few who actually attacked the ball without fumbling it all the time.

IMO he hasn't played too badly, did the job offensively and defensively without clangers or turnovers.
As a team we have been down, his form just reflects that.
Maybe the expectations of him and the type of footy he plays maybe a little too high at this stage of his career.

Remember he was playing well with a lot of experienced players around him.

I admire the way that he chases down his opponent when his opponent has the ball. Also is a pretty good kick for goal but I don't reckon he has got the split second decision making skills you need for playing in midfield.

I reckon he is an out and out forward. He knows how to time his leads and has the burst of speed required to break away from his opponent and applies good pressure when his opponent has got the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Graham J ohncock

Remove this Banner Ad

Back