Toast Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

You can’t say recruiting Schultz was needs based. It feels like every draft all we recruit are small forwards.

Did we take him just because he was best available who would come?

Very interesting off season for which direction we go. Are the older guys told it’s time so the youth get games and we move forward. Or try again and say this was a bad year with injuries and form, which can lead you towards being the next West Coast.

We still rely on our oldest players (the ones who will possibly retire) to play well in order for us to win. We have the quality to be top 8, but I don’t think it’s good enough to challenge for a flag going forward.

But specifically, what moves did he make that you feel ruined us? Genuine question.

I think he got the the decision wrong around Shultz v Ginnivan, and we should seriously never ever trade away a future first pick again since the first time (in fact, I think we need to never trade away any first rounder for a good amount of time). Like never ever. I'm so p!ssed at this one.

We are in a lot of trouble with a very old list, limited young talent coming through, and Tassie and Gold Coast looking like they'll hoover up all the young talent for a while. Big risk we waste the next 5+ years of Nick the way we did with Bucks.

It was never Schultz v Ginnivan so not sure how he got that wrong.

Hopefully wrighty comes back refreshed and wanting to stay and engineer more success for pies
He and Geoff Browne turned our club around magnificently from the mess of 2021

That “mess of 2021” moved on most of our previous coaching panel and appointed our current coaching panel, who then went on to win us a Premiership.

It can’t have been that much of a mess?

That “mess of 2021” moved on most of our previous coaching panel and appointed our current coaching panel, who then went on to win us a Premiership.

It can’t have been that much of a mess?
Was a huge mess
Finished 17 th
Clown president
Hopeless coach sacked

Browne appointed macrae
Wright tapped bucks on the shoulder

Browne and wright steadied the ship

Was a huge mess
Finished 17 th
Clown president
Hopeless coach sacked

Browne appointed macrae
Wright tapped bucks on the shoulder

Browne and wright steadied the ship

If Browne appointed McRae, why wasn’t Browne at McRae’a unveiling?

And why was Korda there?

IMG_3236.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah ok
Korda was interim after McGuire
But Browne at that stage was very heavily involved in all plans before he was appointed towards the end of 21

The point I’m making is 2021 was a mess and wright and Browne subsequently pulled us out

you can tell me everything was great in 2021 till the cows come home and I’m not buying it

The clubs fortunes turned around on a new head of football new coach and new president

Yeah ok
But Browne at that stage was very heavily involved in all plans before he was appointed towards the end of 21

The point I’m making is 2021 was a mess and wright and Browne subsequently pulled us out

you can tell me everything was great in 2021 till the cows come home and I’m not buying it

The clubs fortunes turned around on a new head of football new coach and new president

Nobody is suggesting 2021 was a great year.

But any suggestion that Jeff Browne is our Lord and Saviour is BS revisionist history.

Much better than predecessor
No more unwanted headlines and foot n mouth gaffes also a bonus

What “foot-n-mouth gaffes” did Korda make?

Yeah ok

No he wasn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back