Game Day Grand Final, 2023 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like we need to play the perfect game today (if last week happens it’s all over early). If we’re the tiniest bit off Collingwood are too good not to make them pay.

Should go in with confidence but I reckon it’s the second tier players that we will be asking to step up as it’s quite easy for them to go missing when things aren’t going well. So maybe might take McCarthy to kick 3, or Rayner to take a hanger in the square, or Ah Chee to bob up with a couple, and hopefully Cameron can get off the leash, he has a good record but if he gets Maynard there won’t be many easy kicks.

Hoping for the best, but not getting too excited. They’ve given us a fun 5 years and they’ve been a pleasure to watch with their exciting play and plenty of victories. I think the big positive is regardless of result, the cliff is still a while off yet, and should be fighting for the top again for the next few years.

Lions by 30 and McKenna for NSM dominating off the half back line! Throw in a sausage roll in the last for the sealer.

Last edited:

Happy Paul Rudd GIF by Saturday Night Live

Impossible to sleep in on a day like today.

Have never felt so good about our prospects. Nothing superhuman needed. Just play your role and take your chances. Do that, and we will outscore them.

Although a superhuman Rayner performance would be enjoyable...
Are you going Nunez?

I don’t know whether it is just because my team is in the Grand final or not but industry anticipation levels seem to be at an all time high for this game.
We have the 2 best teams who have made the Grand Final, 1 v 2 on the ladder and it just seems to be a really great match up. 20 years on from the last GF between these 2 teams.
Can’t wait myself personally and I think the rest of the footy world feel the same way.
C’mon Lions 🦁

There were years where September (as in making the finals) seemed a far off dream ... actually make that a mirage as we kept thinking this time we would be in it and it just kept moving futher away.

Then the day came and we were actually playing finals footy instead of a trifecta of draft watching, trade news and picking who we wanted to win/not win in the remaining teams.

After a few years ensconsed in the top part of the ladder we wake up on the morning of the Grand Final and we are not only in it but in it with a very good chance.

The initial LID OFF thread looks like it was back in 2009 and then revisited in 2016 (well that was a fail wasn't it!) but the years in the wilderness and the recent disappointments seem to have rubbed some of the rough edges off us as a surporter base (at least on BigFooty).

Hopefully when/if we win today we will continue to be the good looking, charming, intelligent and modest crew we are now and avoid turning into Tiger or Demon fans shudder

It is a beautiful day no matter the outcome and the journey had been, if not always a happy place, a joy to spend with fellow travellers and like minded at least low level fanatics.

GO LIONS x42 :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The day is here
So many false hopes over the years but we all stuck tough
Go you good things
So proud of these boys and the boys that have worn the lions colours over our rise
You were all part of this amazing time supporting the team
Hopefully see and meet some of you at the game
Go Lionssssssssssss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back