Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel as if Horse has FINALLY learnt his lesson. This is why I said 3 games ago if you aren't fit by week 1 of finals, see ya next year, unless you are Heeney. Lets not pretend Mills was in AA form this season either.
Yep only guys i'd risk at 90-95% would be Heeney, Chad, Errol and Grundy. Think everyone else would be not the worst drop off to next man up

Not gonna lie there is not one Swan besides maybe Jake Lloyd who deserves the glory of being the one to hoist the cup up than Sir Dane.

So let's do this

Yep only guys i'd risk at 90-95% would be Heeney, Chad, Errol and Grundy. Think everyone else would be not the worst drop off to next man up

Yeah look we all love Mills, but Horse has been burnt GF after GF taking players word on being 'fine'. It was why I said Jmac had to play the first final and he did.

Except they didn't make the call early, they assessed his fitness and he trained "at 110%" without incident. Which begs the question, why wait until the fitness test
They might have wanted to see if everyone else got through.

If say Logan, Campbell and someone else didn't, then he becomes more worthy of a risk.

Yeah look we all love Mills, but Horse has been burnt GF after GF taking players word on being 'fine'. It was why I said Jmac had to play the first final and he did.
Yep and he looks so much better and almost back to his best, that first final was a horror show for him but it was like when they say you need a loss to make you better in the long run.

You didn't love him much yesterday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm wondering who the matchup for Fox is that would bring him into the starting side? Assuming it's:

McCartin - Daniher
Melican - Hipwood
Cunningham - Cameron
Blakey - Ah Chee
Rampe - Morris

Rayner seems like the potential match-up? Perhaps they may try to play Rampe on him when he's forward, and have Blakey shift to Morris.

I'm wondering who the matchup for Fox is that would bring him into the starting side? Assuming it's:

McCartin - Daniher
Melican - Hipwood
Cunningham - Cameron
Blakey - Ah Chee
Rampe - Morris

Rayner seems like the potential match-up? Perhaps they may try to play Rampe on him when he's forward, and have Blakey shift to Morris.
Rayner for me

You didn't love him much yesterday

Always love Mills, but you were saying he was in some great form, he wasn't. He was in form when he won his AA.

Good call by Horse learnt his lesson.

Always love Mills, but you were saying he was in some great form, he wasn't. He was in form when he won his AA.

Good call by Horse learnt his lesson.

You wanted him quarantined I meant 😂

He clearly wasn't 100% according to whatever they were assessing during his session. Because let's be real, if we was 100% he'd likely be picked over Fox. Goes to show no matter who it is they will always declare themselves 100% fit for a granny even if they know they are not.

Happy to go in without him, we've been better when he hasn't played. His time restarts next year. And wouldn't be a bad thing as a captain on the back of missing a GF win. Hunger will be there.

I actually think those guys (Grundy aside) are easier to replace than, say, Rampe, Rowbottom or Blakey.
I don't think so tbh, Rampe plays smaller and so Fox can replace him and you just play other smaller half backs, Rowbottom is replaced by Adams, Blakey is interesting but he is also like a medium type so could be the same type of replacement as i said above with Rampe. Heeney, Chad and Errol are the game changer top 5 players in the side and you replace them with like Adams, Cleary, Parker on ball. You just loose all the speed in the TO transition which has been crucial to the way the Swans play

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back