Resource GRAND FINAL TICKET INFORMATION, BALLOT AND SALES | Geelong finals ticket information and enquiries

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Geelong finals ticket information and enquiries thread

Glad I saw this. I've had no notification from the club whatsoever!
There has been a letter a couple of weeks back and an email today.

Re: GRAND FINAL TICKET BALLOT THURSDAY 15 SEPTEMBER - Geelong finals ticket information and enquirie

Does anyone know how many seats will be available to Geelong members from the ballot?

I saw this: http://mm.afl.com.au/portals/0/2011...y of returns allocations onsellers_310711.pdf

1. Competing Club Members 16000 – 35000
2. AFL Clubs (17) 5000 - 17000
3. MCC Reserve 16000 – 26000
4. AFL Members 13000 – 23000
5. AFL/Medallion Club Members 4500 – 5000
6. AFL Entitlements/Contractual Obligations 5000 – 25000
7. Competing Clubs 0 – 5000
Total 100,000 (approx)

Just wondering why there would be such a discrepancy in the allocation of seats to club members. Is it weighted in terms of total membership? For example, saying Collingwood has twice as many members as us (not really, but stay with me), I assume that means all of the 35k will be allocated, but would it be on a 2-1 basis (11,666 to Geelong; 23,333 to Collingwood)? Or is it 17.5k for each club?

Re: GRAND FINAL TICKET BALLOT THURSDAY 15 SEPTEMBER - Geelong finals ticket information and enquirie

I think I remember reading a few years ago there is some correlation between size of membership base. But that may be done on eligible grand final ticket members rather than all members (ie. I assume a lot of Collingwood's members are not eligible to purchase a grand final ticket through their membership).

Those ranges above are very vague, here is how the allocation ended up last year:

Category ACTUAL Range
1 Competing Club members 24,742 16,000 – 26,000
2 AFL Clubs (16 x 1000) 16,000 16,000
3 MCC Reserve 25,271 16,000 - 26,000
4 AFL Members 15,261 13,000 - 23,000
5 AFL/Medallion Club 5,000 4,500-5,000
6 AFL Entitlements/Contractual Obligations 13,232 5,000 - 15,000
7 Competing Clubs 100 0 - 2500
TOTAL 99,606

Which memberships are eligible for the GF ballot?
http://geelongcats.com.au/portals/0/cats_docs/2011_gfc_finals_ballot.pdf
The following ticketing arrangements are in place for all eligible members regarding the 2011 Grand Final. Eligible Members include Home 11, Home &
Away 16, Melbourne 11 and Silver AFL Geelong Club support (Priority Group 1 Silver AFL Members please use your Geelong Cats membership barcode to register. Priority Group 2 Silver AFL Members please use your AFL membership barcode to register).
http://geelongcats.com.au/portals/0/cats_docs/2011_gfc_finals_ballot.pdf

How do we know if we're priority 1 or 2?
Priority 1: Full Social Club, Premiership Member or Legends member
Priority 2: the rest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I'm guessing an 11 home game member is priority 2?
Correct. You can enter from midday.

Longbomb I had 2 texts yesterday.

Will do it now and then do the other 2 I have for the ballot after lunch.

Good luck all and most important GO CATS!!!!!

I hear you. I've had nothing though. No email/letter/SMS.

All good though - about to sign up now
You might want to make sure the club has your correct contact details for future things.

You might want to make sure the club has your correct contact details for future things.
The weird this is I've received plenty of correspondence from them in the past. Including this year.

Importantly my priority registration went through without a hitch :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource GRAND FINAL TICKET INFORMATION, BALLOT AND SALES | Geelong finals ticket information and enquiries

Remove this Banner Ad

Back