Resource GRAND FINAL TICKET INFORMATION, BALLOT AND SALES | Geelong finals ticket information and enquiries

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: GRAND FINAL TICKET BALLOT TODAY ONLY - Geelong finals ticket information and enquiries

Longbomb I got another sms this morning reminding me to register before 11.

All done for priority 1.

Re: GRAND FINAL TICKET BALLOT TODAY ONLY - Geelong finals ticket information and enquiries

Hi guys, sry to bust in.

Does anybody know 'for certain' what this means in regards to group bookings...

"Members should be aware that applications with more than one seat are “one in all in” or “one out all out” – group bookings will not be split."

'One in all in' would suggest that if one of the numbers in your group was drawn, then everybody on that booking is in.

Of course 'one out all out' suggests exactly the opposite. :confused::confused:

So, if you are a group of 5, but can split into 3 and 2 if it gives you more chance, what way should one go?

Thx for your time and good luck, unless we meet you in October ;)

Re: Geelong finals ticket information and enquiries thread

I hear you. I've had nothing though. No email/letter/SMS.

All good though - about to sign up now

Got my barcodes registered, now just need the Cats to make it!!

I got the letter and email, but no SMS, despite the fact that I've received texts in the past from the club. Seems a bit strange that they're not consistent with how they communicate to members if they've got our details.

Did any other category one members get to choose whether they wanted Premium/Prime or Standard seating, or was it just 'best available' for you to? (First time doing the early registration today for me!!!)

Re: GRAND FINAL TICKET BALLOT REGISTRATION TODAY | Priority 1 closed | PRIORITY 2 OPENS 12PM-9PM

Guys, in case anybody else was wondering about my query, I received an answer back from the Swans...

Your question was forwarded to the AFL, and we have received the below response:

"Members who register as a group are considered one transaction and the ticket/seating allocations are done based on transactions.
The only reason a group would be out (as in, not receive seats) is if they weren’t selected until near the end of the allocation and there is not a group of seats together large enough to accommodate them.
For example, in this case they require 5 seats, however if we only have a group of 4, a group of 3 and two groups of two left to allocate. They will be out because there are not five seats together".

Good luck you guys, unlike us, you should be there on the big day. I think our time will come in a year or two, but you never know, we might sneak in this year.

Re: GRAND FINAL TICKET BALLOT REGISTRATION TODAY | Priority 1 closed | PRIORITY 2 NOW OPEN 12PM-9PM

Just did mine online. Priority 2. No delay at all. Too easy!

Did any other category one members get to choose whether they wanted Premium/Prime or Standard seating, or was it just 'best available' for you to? (First time doing the early registration today for me!!!)

No, always just best available.

I don't even know if category 1 members are assigned seats in standard and prime as well as premium, all I know is thar for the last two Geelong GFs I set in level 1 seats, which i think are classified as premium for the GF.

Re: GRAND FINAL TICKET BALLOT REGISTRATION TODAY | Priority 1 closed | PRIORITY 2 NOW OPEN 12PM-9PM

Registered 7 tickets this year. I really hope it does not decrease my odds to much but as a group we don't want to be seated apart.

I could out of my group be a september member or what not, but getting us all to pay a stupid amount of money on the chance we get there is not feasible to some of them so we don't do it.

From what i know of others big groups are not disadvantaged much, half seem to be successful, whereas i who attends every game have not once got a ticket through the ballot but have managed one through other means.

There is effectively no difference in the chances of a group of seven getting tickets compared to a single member getting a ticket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't even know if category 1 members are assigned seats in standard and prime as well as premium, all I know is thar for the last two Geelong GFs I set in level 1 seats, which i think are classified as premium for the GF.

Oh that's awesome-thanks for the reply :thumbsu:

I was beginning to think I'd missed something when applying,& that's why I was only offered 'best available'- now I'm excited!

Just did mine via phone. The girl said that there is NO standing room tickets available, due to request from Geelong?? I got standing room through the ballot in 08 & 09, and am wondering what the reason is???

Will this have any impact on the chances of getting a ticket!? I'm nervous!!! :eek:

Priority 1 - Guaranteed tickets I'd assume??
Priority 2 - 30-40% chance

Hi guys, sry to bust in.

Does anybody know 'for certain' what this means in regards to group bookings...

"Members should be aware that applications with more than one seat are “one in all in” or “one out all out” – group bookings will not be split."

'One in all in' would suggest that if one of the numbers in your group was drawn, then everybody on that booking is in.

Of course 'one out all out' suggests exactly the opposite. :confused::confused:

So, if you are a group of 5, but can split into 3 and 2 if it gives you more chance, what way should one go?

Thx for your time and good luck, unless we meet you in October ;)

The member who registers the group has to be "picked" to get the tickets. Should they miss out, the whole group misses out. If they get picked, the whole group gets tickets.

Thats why they are the same chance getting a ticket, compared to if a single person registers.

In 07 you could say "only standard". They only changed this in 09 I think, you couldnt make a preference.

Gets up my nose a bit, I dont really wanna pay $250 for a GF ticket, imo thats absurd. (but i'll pay it if i HAVE to)

Just did mine via phone. The girl said that there is NO standing room tickets available, due to request from Geelong?? I got standing room through the ballot in 08 & 09, and am wondering what the reason is???

Will this have any impact on the chances of getting a ticket!? I'm nervous!!! :eek:
http://geelongcats.com.au/portals/0/cats_docs/2011_gfc_finals_ballot.pdf
STANDING ROOM
All eligible members will be able to purchase a Standing Room ticket via the Ticketek website and telephone service only. This on sale will occur on Monday September 26 from 12noon. Members who have been successful in the ballot will not be able to access a Standing Room ticket.
http://geelongcats.com.au/portals/0/cats_docs/2011_gfc_finals_ballot.pdf

One would assume they'd go like hotcakes.

I think this is a great idea to open up tickets to different people.

Now if you miss out in the ballot you can still jump on the phone or the net on the Monday and see how you go.

I picked up 'standing room' for Anzac Day this year by the same method - they had a ticket release at noon on the Wednesday of the week before the game. Got myself set up and ready online, and...Bang! Sorted.

Standing room was fine too, by the way. Apart from standing for the whole game (obviously), the view of the ground and the sense of being engaged in the spectacle was fantastic.

I was there watching two teams I thoroughly despise go around in front of 90, 000 people and absolutely loved every minute of it.

If we make it, all the best to everyone who might miss out in the ballot and subsequently sets up to try to jag a 'standing room' ticket.

GO YOU CATS...

There is effectively no difference in the chances of a group of seven getting tickets compared to a single member getting a ticket.

Really? That surprises me. I would have thought they'd seperate the seating areas into blocks, with various random areas set aside for multiple tickets of different quantities. Since it's always easier to fill single seats, I figured more of those would be available.

Really? That surprises me. I would have thought they'd seperate the seating areas into blocks, with various random areas set aside for multiple tickets of different quantities. Since it's always easier to fill single seats, I figured more of those would be available.
If you say put in a request for eight together, I would assume there might be a slight difference in the situation where there were no groups of eight remaining. But let's face it unless they get to the final seats in the last row that is unlikely.

If you say put in a request for eight together, I would assume there might be a slight difference in the situation where there were no groups of eight remaining. But let's face it unless they get to the final seats in the last row that is unlikely.

It would be interesting to know how they do work it out.

If they go row by row for instance and there are say 20 seats per row. What happens if they select 10 numbers that fills 17 seats and the next number they select is for 4 people, they aren't going to put one person on the next row. So do they get to the end of each row and select ones/twos or do they look for a 3 etc.

Or maybe it just dumps the numbers best fit no matter what row/area and skips any numbers that don't fit thereafter and the smaller ones fill the gaps?

Or maybe i'm just completely way off. :D

Re: GRAND FINAL TICKET BALLOT NOW CLOSED | Geelong finals ticket information and enquiries thread

Heard on the radio today that all up (both priority 1 and 2) that just over 18,000 members registered for the ballot and the club will get 12,000 tickets so around 6,000 priority 2 members will miss out if we make the GF

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource GRAND FINAL TICKET INFORMATION, BALLOT AND SALES | Geelong finals ticket information and enquiries

Remove this Banner Ad

Back