Mega Thread Grand Final Tickets - ALL TICKETING QUERIES IN HERE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Its such a weird limbo period; members now having to sit and wait and hope, while non-members (with nothing to wait on or lose) can jump the queue for corporate packages.

Its a shame the ballot couldnt be done pre-game but the results kept sealed, then post game release the results to minimize that time between game end and lottery result.

Its such a weird limbo period; members now having to sit and wait and hope, while non-members (with nothing to wait on or lose) can jump the queue for corporate packages.

Its a shame the ballot couldnt be done pre-game but the results kept sealed, then post game release the results to minimize that time between game end and lottery result.

Not necessarily...we are foundation members and doing the package. Can't wait!

Good work! As a former Brisbane inhabitant, it's a far cry from those days of 13 goals-against last quarters, isn't it?

Don't forget the 'being 110 points down at half time' days (although we did win the second half to only lose by 108). Although the game your mentioning was the most shattered I've been at a game right up until I visited family in Melbourne and went to the ever infamous Melbourne game in 2008 which spawned "that letter".

Did they give you a block/row for the centre square package?

Not yet, I have to pick up the tickets at Federation Square. I think they said somewhere around Q 50 on the top deck. It's only a Bronze ticket package.

I'm still sweating on the ballot, no action on the credit card. Wondering if/when I need to pull the trigger on one of these damn corporate packages. Have worked out I can eat $1200 of bacon and only pose a relatively minor threat to my health and well-being.

I'm currently of that same thinking with the Grand Final Eve function where it has complimentary beverage service: How much money can I make back before my liver gives out and how much water will I have to also drink to manage that hangover on Saturday morning :D (Am hoping that the drinks waiters are frequent for that one to be relevant)

Bronze seating, GF Eve Centre Square package? I've been looking at that all week, not bad that it's still available. The view from the back row of the top stand isn't even that bad.

That's the one. When I was in Melbourne after the Geelong game a couple of weeks back I decided to scout these seats by going to the Port v Collingwood final. The view was pretty damn good I thought. You could see everything clearly and not feel too far away from the action that you didn't lose too much of the feel that you'd get on ground level seats

That's the one. When I was in Melbourne after the Geelong game a couple of weeks back I decided to scout these seats by going to the Port v Collingwood final. The view was pretty damn good I thought. You could see everything clearly and not feel too far away from the action that you didn't lose too much of the feel that you'd get on ground level seats
We have bronze seating...think you get up the back or right behind the goals?

I think the money may have been taken off my card but I'm not sure because I didn't pay much attention to how my balance was looking beforehand.

I'm ridiculously nervous that something will go wrong even though I'm theoretically guaranteed a ticket, really sympathetic to those who are waiting to see if they win lotto with the ballot.

Members who are successful in obtaining a 2013 Grand Final ticket will automatically be charged for tickets once it has been confirmed that Fremantle will participate in the 2013 Grand Final. Ticketek will follow up any rejected credit cards and all payments for tickets must be cleared by 3pm WST Sunday, September 22. After this time, unpaid tickets will be returned to be allocated to another member.

The first sentence is BS, and the the 2nd looks highly unlikely now too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good work! As a former Brisbane inhabitant, it's a far cry from those days of 13 goals-against last quarters, isn't it?

Did they give you a block/row for the centre square package?

I'm still sweating on the ballot, no action on the credit card. Wondering if/when I need to pull the trigger on one of these damn corporate packages. Have worked out I can eat $1200 of bacon and only pose a relatively minor threat to my health and well-being.

Anecdotally the price of those packages go down as the game gets closer.

Still no cc charge yet as per my 12:30 check.

and what about this bit?

The AFL Grand Final is a Declared Event under the provisions of the Major Sporting Events Act 2009, a breach of which may be an indictable offence and allows your ticket to be cancelled.
Grand Final tickets may not, without the prior written consent of the AFL, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction sites)

so does this mean if we do get tickets in the ballot, we can or can't then pass these on to a friend? or is it ok if we sell them to them for what we paid?

and what about this bit?

The AFL Grand Final is a Declared Event under the provisions of the Major Sporting Events Act 2009, a breach of which may be an indictable offence and allows your ticket to be cancelled.
Grand Final tickets may not, without the prior written consent of the AFL, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction sites)

so does this mean if we do get tickets in the ballot, we can or can't then pass these on to a friend? or is it ok if we sell them to them for what we paid?
If you're not advertising them you'll have no problem, no one will know.

and what about this bit?

You can't pass them on to a friend but if you read the fine print it says that you can sell
them to a Mister Dominguez at face value. ;)

That's to stop scalping FG, I'm sure they won't be checking ID on entry to make sure the name on the ticket is the same as the person using it.

If you're not advertising them you'll have no problem, no one will know.
a guy on the main board has me concerned. He said he gave his to a friend. They did a spot check of memberships and he got caught out - he had his membership level dropped. He suggested taking membership cards with you as evidence. Urban myth?

a guy on the main board has me concerned. He said he gave his to a friend. They did a spot check of memberships and he got caught out - he had his membership level dropped. He suggested taking membership cards with you as evidence. Urban myth?

I think they're talking AFL members not club

This is AFL members. Their tickets are strictly non transferable and there are staff at the AFL members gate checking members cards and id on game day.

Club members and public can pass their tickets to friends or sell them but not at a premium.

I think I may just end up in a pub somewhere in Melb. This is my punishment for choosing NBA League Pass over a Freo membership. Enjoy the experience for those going! I'm super jealous

Well if we're close at 3 quarter time couldn't you just get to the MCG when they open up the gates?

Well if we're close at 3 quarter time couldn't you just get to the MCG when they open up the gates?

That would be my plan Kapow :) Unless between now and then I can secure two tickets (wife and I). (oh and if anyone knows anyone who has 2 tickets available I'd be more than willing to pay above value *wink wink*)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Grand Final Tickets - ALL TICKETING QUERIES IN HERE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back