Greene's One Week - Mabo, the Vibe, Justice

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a farce that his previous incidents have no impact on this one.
Serial offender and surely not the look the AFL are after.
Interesting it’s their own club and star player...
Got a feeling he will get off, and any luck Maynard can year him a new one on Saturday

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He will get off if this is true. AFL desperately want GWS to at least make the gf they will want Greene playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He will get off if this is true. AFL desperately want GWS to at least make the gf they will want Greene playing

I reckon you’re wrong.

AFL would much prefer a Collingwood-Richmond final. Ratings would be through the roof.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL would much prefer a Collingwood-Richmond final. Ratings would be through the roof.

Short term your definitely right. IMO AFL really want to get the membership numbers up at gws a premiership will help that (for a little while anyways)

Short term your definitely right. IMO AFL really want to get the membership numbers up at gws a premiership will help that (for a little while anyways)

The AFL could give GWS memberships away for free and there would still be no interest. They will get relocated to Canberra

😂.......I haven’t seen the incident but no way in hell the AFL suspends him.
It’s unnecessary contact to the face, hard to argue when lachie Neale is lying on his stomach trying to protect his face.

The angles I've seen have not been definitive in showing any gouging, so in the system we have, he can't be found guilty. Unless the MRO used a different angle to what we've seen, he should't be offered a suspension.
Box that is mess deck lawyer rubbish. You IMHO are just another apologist. My last reply to you, not with my time.

The angles I've seen have not been definitive in showing any gouging, so in the system we have, he can't be found guilty. Unless the MRO used a different angle to what we've seen, he should't be offered a suspension.
Pretty obvious he chose to get down on that pack and reach through with his arm. Do we wait until he comes out with someone's eye in his hand? That is his whole game, to harass someone under cover of a pack in an area anyone would feel vulnerable. He needed to keep his hands well away from anyone's face this week but actually made a considerable effort to get them there. Should have been rubbed out for two weeks.

View attachment 746554

Didn't eye gauge Bont my arse.
The smoking gun.
The bloke is a dog and a coward, and should have been rubbed out for a long time last week. The AFL looks pretty stupid already — no need to look even stupider this week by letting him off again.

He pulled Bont's hair, and rubbed his forearm in his face. That's it. Two other acts involving hits to the ribs and being pushed in the fence were committed last week in the GWS-Dogs game. Ask any boxer, those hits to the body hurt far more. Those acts would hurt much more than the Greene thing. How much did they get fined? $1,500.

What he did to Bonts is unacceptable and he should have got a week. He came in late and attacked the head of a defenseless player on the ground. No way should a player be able to do that. No way should the AFL be condoning that type of thing. Repeat offenders should be suspended.

Toby suffers white line fever and will do anything he can get away with to impede the opposition - the fine last week was the all clear for him to continue to use the tactic of raking the oppositions face with his fingers.

Now either the AFL again fines him setting the precedent that this is the penalty for this type of action - in which case we will probably see a proliferation of the face rake - or they step in and stamp it out by suspending him.

In my opinion it needs to be eradicated now before someone sustains serious injury - some others may see this type of action fair enough. It's a subjective judgement - but when you hear an umpire threaten to penalise a player citing "the spirit of the game" as a reason then I fail to see how this type of behaviour can be tolerated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Greene's One Week - Mabo, the Vibe, Justice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back