Grown men wearing guernseys to games

Do you where a guernsey to AFL games?

• Yes

Votes: 55 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 24 30.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand what the issue is? Why is there even a discussion to be had about it - of course fans of all ages will wear a Club's guernsey, or scarf and/or beanie to a game. Fair dinkum! Taking shots at blokes who wear a jumper to the footy is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Exactly what Australian society needs, another pack of campaigners telling others what they should or shouldn't be doing.

That would be the Leeds United with a white home shirt and yellow away shirt?

leeds-united-fans.jpg
Summer months, neet much of a choice. Looks mostly like plain t-shirts there, anyway.

Those pictures are showcased for a reason; the hardcore merchandise slaves give off the best image. Less than 10% of the crowd, still.

I'll happily wear a guernsey over a shirt unless the shirt itself is worth wearing on its own, which it often isn't to a footy game. But then again I'm waiting for the day when I could afford the full tracksuit which would conceal everything easily enough.

have sat in the Matthew Harding stand for many a Chelsea game amongst a sea of blue, try catching a district line tube to fulham broadway for any game and it will be kits all around you. 10% call is utter tripe.
West Ham at home, boxing day last year. Got on the tube to the Emirates and ran into plenty of Chelsea/Irons fans. Completely different story from my experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same shit, different smell.

Nah. A k-mart guernsey makes the wearer look like an overgrown mini-leaguer. I mean, what's with the club logo where the sponsors logo should be? It screams Bali knock-off.

A genuine player issue with sublimated numbers is a thing of beauty that transforms the wearer into someone who in the right light, combined with a gullible squint, could plausibly be mistaken for someone on the rookie list.

Nah. A k-mart guernsey makes the wearer look like an overgrown mini-leaguer. I mean, what's with the club logo where the sponsors logo should be? It screams Bali knock-off.

A genuine player issue with sublimated numbers is a thing of beauty that transforms the wearer into someone who in the right light, combined with a gullible squint, could plausibly be mistaken for someone on the rookie list.

There's no doubt, I could've passed for Matthew Westhoff to any war veterans who had adverse experiences with mustard gas

I just wear a footy scarf and a cap and honest to god once got told at the footy by some w***er, that only girls should wear scarves. Grow up who cares, I'll still wear it because that's just what I do. Does anyone really notice when they see a guy wearing a guernsey, god forbid without a jacket to cover it? Good on em, IDGAF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Grown men wearing guernseys to games

Back