Guernsey numbers in 2013/2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Here I was. Thinking of getting a guernsey with Greene's number on it. Then I realised it would make me look like a Folau groupie. Sigh.

Easy - get Greene to sign it. Problem solved.

I'm still narked that I haven't managed to get Power to sign my #6 jumper.

Interesting given their contractual situations that both Tyson and Hoskin-Elliott were not upgraded. Very worried about this, really hope we can convince these two (particularly WHE) to stay.

Of all the players, they are two of our rawest. Both show splashes of skill but are years away from being a decent contributor to an AFL team. Would be hilarious if they think they can walk into any other AFL team and get as much as an opportunity.

Interesting given their contractual situations that both Tyson and Hoskin-Elliott were not upgraded. Very worried about this, really hope we can convince these two (particularly WHE) to stay.

who knows, maybe they like their numbers or want to be 'one number' players. I see Jack Hombsch kept 36 when he went to Port. Ablett won a brownlow in 29 maybe Tyson wants to do the same. I see no worries at all that the two boys didn't change numbers.

Now our list is finalised, it's time to start the speculation.

Numbers available: 11, 13, 22, 23, 25, 29, 32, 37, 41, 43, 46, 47, 49, 50.

Mumford will most likely take #41.
I'd like to see Shaw take 13 after Dale Thomas took 39 at Carlton.
Boyd in 11. Him and Patton up forward, 11 and 12.
Although Lamb was 11 at the Swans.
Kelly, McCarthy and Lobb probably those 20s.
Barrett is likely one of the 40s
Addison was 22 at the Bulldogs.
Hunt I have no idea.

Got a sneaky feeling Zac Williams will move down the lockers and away from 51.

Hunt played a couple of seasons at the start of his career in 41 before moving to 8. He's not getting 8 but he might fight Mummy for the 41 to bookend his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing yet... They said on Facebook or twitter it'd be announced within the next couple of weeks.

Cheers.

I bet if Franklin had signed up they'd have announced them quick smart so that kids could go out and get their Buddy jumpers!

Heath Shaw is #23 via the Herald Sun guys. :thumbsu:
365282-4c0a27b6-8593-11e3-b939-7fcb48a5bb4a.jpg

366502-189e4ec8-84c3-11e3-a038-359c666be19b.jpg

EXPECT to see the No.23 all over Sydney this year.

With Lance Franklin carrying the number at the Swans, it's fair to assume that kids and adults alike will be keen to have 23 on their backs when the season starts.

It's also the jersey to watch across town at the GWS Giants.

Former Collingwood star Heath Shaw will wear the No.23 jersey at the Giants to honour his father and former Magpies captain Ray Shaw.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...3-for-gws-giants/story-fni5f7qp-1226810365338

Would love for 11 and 13 to go to Boyd and Kelly, if the rumors of McCarthy in 25 are true then that's settles but I imagine Williams and maybe plowman or frost will take a lower number. Fully expect hunt and Addison to take a high number.

Would love for 11 and 13 to go to Boyd and Kelly, if the rumors of McCarthy in 25 are true then that's settles but I imagine Williams and maybe plowman or frost will take a lower number. Fully expect hunt and Addison to take a high number.

Lamb needs to be squeezed in somewhere too.

Would love for 11 and 13 to go to Boyd and Kelly.

I'm a bit worried about No.11 as the wearer ends up not playing for the Giants the following year (Cornes injured and then retired, Adams to Collingwood.)

Yes, it's an extremely small sample size, but I don't know if I want to test the theory of hoodoo guernsey on two future guns.

I'm a bit worried about No.11 as the wearer ends up not playing for the Giants the following year (Cornes injured and then retired, Adams to Collingwood.)

Yes, it's an extremely small sample size, but I don't know if I want to test the theory of hoodoo guernsey on two future guns.

And don't forget Jack Hombsch in the 2011 NEAFL season. He wore 11 and is no longer with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Guernsey numbers in 2013/2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back