Rumour Gunston requesting trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I know all us supporters love our players and deep down rate them highly, but you wont get pick 12 for gunston at this stage of his career. Yes he looks to be a great player but he only really came on when bickley took over and released the shackles and basically got the crow boys to play with play on footy with no real game plan much like primus did last year. Plus the crow players were playing on guilt over neil craig so their desire increased.

Recruiters and club officials will take note of this. I have watched him out at centrals and do believe he will be a great player but there are too many if factors to command a first rounder for him atm. I would suspect a mid second rounder or young sa player of similar stature or someone the crows wanted and missed out on in a previous draft.

I think you guys may well lose alot of your young stars in the coming years which in a way saddens me as I was looking forward to watching both sa clubs grow together and create their own showdown folklore between them! There are some people in high places at afc that must go before the crows can become a true club that is attractive to players. Adelaide oval will help alot, but it will be the ability to deal with loss of players and good drafting over the next 2 years that will determine the clubs future success.

I hope it turns out to be adequete compensation- no need for a mess at the end of a tough year- it could cause future problems which, speaking from experience, you do not want!!

He doesn't have to worry about going to GWS (unless he nominates them, which works well in our favour) because they don't get a PSD pick.

The GC threat, however unlikely, is real. They would be stark raving mad if they haven't contacted Gunston's manager already.

You really think GC is a legit threat - it's not really getting him closer to home if he really is home sick, and if purely about money, while he may get a bit more there than here next year, they have a heap of super talented young kids who will be wanting hefty pay rises over the next few years so he's hardly going to get a massive pay increase compared with here.

sorry, I'm typing whilst drinking....didn't work

lets assume that Gunston has asked to go home - it isn't from being homesick it is because someone has offered him a shit load of money.

we have 3 choices - 1) accept what ever we can get from the chosen club - now I firmly believe what ever club that is will pay MV for him.

2) say **** you Gunna you stupid prick offer him around the place go back to him with the option of x club because the club you chose is a bunch of pricks

3) **** off nancy boy your off the GC

Well, it was a two-fold warning - the players can get ****ed if they nominate a club to be traded to, and nominated clubs can get ****ed if they offer Mickey Mouse token deals.

Were you adequately compensated for Carr? On paper maybe, but the net result was three picks in the worst draft in the last decade which got you Adam Thomson and Aaron Shattock via trade...

3 picks for Carr was a win for sure. The fact we used one on Thomson instead of Monfries and the rest on Aaron ****ing Shattock doesnt mean it wasnt decent compo.

I reckon Gunston would most likely net a late first rounder. 12 & Tapscott...surely noone legitimately thinks Melbourne would do that though.

3 picks for Carr was a win for sure. The fact we used one on Thomson instead of Monfries and the rest on Aaron ****ing Shattock doesnt mean it wasnt decent compo.

I reckon Gunston would most likely net a late first rounder. 12 & Tapscott...surely noone legitimately thinks Melbourne would do that though.

the problem is Macca - a late 1st rounder is Melbournes first pick :D

You really think GC is a legit threat - it's not really getting him closer to home if he really is home sick, and if purely about money, while he may get a bit more there than here next year, they have a heap of super talented young kids who will be wanting hefty pay rises over the next few years so he's hardly going to get a massive pay increase compared with here.

They are an unlikely threat, but a threat nonetheless. Sure he doesn't get to go home (which I don't think is the sole motive behind his departure) but they can offer him lifestyle, and an exciting, stable young team which is clearly on the way up.

He need not worry about other players grabbing for money either - he sets his contract terms prior to PSD entry which protect him for as long as he wants, then it's up to him. If he becomes a superstar, then they throw money at him. If he doesn't, then in 2-3 years time he looks at going home again.

Not alone, but throw in a second rounder and maybe a pick upgrade and then we get closer to a realistic deal.

Just an idea to toss around.....

Bundle Maric and Gunston and play off Melbourne against Richmond

Both teams are lacking a solid ruckman and quality marking KPP to play deep in the forward line (I see Jack Watts as becoming a mobile KPP, not a full forward)

Maric and Gunston to Melbourne for Luke Tapscott or first rounder

or

Maric and Gunston to Richmond for their first rounder

I know this may be aiming high but it makes a big difference when the clubs know they have some competition in the market, AFC needs to get a lot more intelligent in the way they play the market, hopefully this year will be different :eek:

(double post, just put this in the "Tigers stalk Maric thread also")

RE the B&F if true it just shows his lack of nuggets and character

With Maric, Gunna and Knights on the trade table it's time for the club to play serious hardball and bring some quality home grown talent back to SA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack that is weak as. You 're a second rounder, you played in your first year, you got minidrafted to the best sanfl club and won a friggin sanfl flag, you play a dozen or so games this year and become a lock in the first 22 in your second year and you run back home after your first contract. Not only that but you don't have the balls to face your teammates at the B and F. If true....prick. I'm more upset about this than Davis. Phil was going to be the better player but at least got a financial offer he couldn't refuse, Gunna on the other hand is a weak mummys boy who can't cope 45 minutes away from his home state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back