Rumour Gunston requesting trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davis compo, as well as possibly the trio of Gunston, Maric and Tippett, on top of our existing picks, we HAVE to draft well over the next few years.

It's also partly drafting well that sees us put into this sort of situation. We nailed our first rounder with Davis, and GWS saw fit to offer the kid enormous coin.

It's as much an acknowledgement of some of the things we've done right as it is a blow to our fortunes down the track. But **** me, if Gunner goes. You can't spin that. Someone needs to be held accountable. Could be Gunner himself though.

We've got serious cultural problems at our club if true. If PAFC can keep their young list yet we can't hang on to ours... we ****ed.

Funny isn't it? I always thought that culture was BS, and that it would always crumble under the weight of mediocrity. Is Port the exception that proves the rule?

I mean seriously, I'm not all that shocked that we've been bitten by the go home bug, I'm just staggered that it didn't get Port this year...

Funny isn't it? I always thought that culture was BS, and that it would always crumble under the weight of mediocrity. Is Port the exception that proves the rule?

I mean seriously, I'm not all that shocked that we've been bitten by the go home bug, I'm just staggered that it didn't get Port this year...

From a few things that have been said, i think some of the players at port felt a lot of guilt would be on them if they walked out on the club when it is in trouble in all areas like it is.. I actually think it played a part in helping them keep some players, as strange as it does seem in a way..

As per usual the media dishes up some BS story about a crows player wanting to leave, so every supporter out there jumps on board and thinks it must be true if theyve said it on sports tonight which is full of shit most of the time. And already people fly off the rail and talk about how bad our culture is and how we have serious problems. Get a grip

I wouldve thought people have learned from the Tippett and Walker situations.

Are we still paying our mid tier players too much whilst not rewarding our stars/future stars the equivalent of what they would get at other clubs? I am absolutely gutted if this is true. We cannot keep losing these young talented kids. There is something seriously wrong if Port can re-sign everyone and we lose guys like Davis/Gunston within 2-3 years of being at the club. Seriously WTF is going on behind the scenes at the club over the last couple of years. So glad we were very careful about drafting guys who would stick with the club rather then guys like Rioli who would walk after their first contract:rolleyes:

Ch.10 says he is in Melbourne (Not sure if that means anything...? But I guess he would be here for the BnF if he planned on staying?) and Adelaide officials are gonna fly over in the next few days to try and change his mind.

Not sure if Carlton or Melbourne will have a look, they have leading forwards and are probably looking for a guy who can crash packs and play close to goal.

Norf/Richmond? First rounder + steak knives.

As per usual the media dishes up some BS story about a crows player wanting to leave, so every supporter out there jumps on board and thinks it must be true if theyve said it on sports tonight which is full of shit most of the time. And already people fly off the rail and talk about how bad our culture is and how we have serious problems. Get a grip

I wouldve thought people have learned from the Tippett and Walker situations.

Bock???? Davis?????

From a few things that have been said, i think some of the players at port felt a lot of guilt would be on them if they walked out on the club when it is in trouble in all areas like it is.. I actually think it played a part in helping them keep some players, as strange as it does seem in a way..

Nah, don't buy that. It would be fine in theory if there was no such thing as player mangers, but these guys keep things like guilt in check, especially if there's a bigger payday involved with leaving the club.

Bock???? Davis?????

Bock and Davis left for $$$, not because of a cultural problem.

I do find it hard to believe that a player could get homesick after just two seasons. Melbourne is a 1 hour flight from here. We play in Melbourne every 2, 3 weeks. In the off season, every interstate player goes home for a holiday.

If you nominate for the draft, you should be aware that you could get picked by an interstate club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bock and Davis left for $$$, not because of a cultural problem.

If it were that simple then GWS would've unveiled Dustin Martin and Matthew Kruezer this week too.

Cultural? Managerial? I dunno what it is, but being an easy target for mony grubbers is some sort of problem.

breasts_528x297.bmp

WHAT THE ****ING ****?!

No worries we see he is going to be a gun,

And he wants to leave?

**** that, double our offer.

I tend to avoid getting involved in all the speculation about this stuff, but if it turns out to be true that he hasn't attended the club championship dinner, then it will reflect poorly on him. Even if you are not planning to stay, you should still be there to celebrate your teammates' contribution. Gunna would be a good chance for the best new talent award, so I guess it will be obvious if he isn't there. I guess we'll wait and see.

Seriously?

Davis and Gunston >>>> Tippett and Walker

Is Sloane contracted for next year?

If this is a sign of things to come, free agency will not be kind to Adelaide.

tiggsy, I agree.

I wasn't worried about him leaving until I heard he wasn't going to the dinner; suggests he's already checked out.

Howard from the Bulldogs - what's his deal?

Shit I forgot about that, if true he is gone. You can't come back from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back