Rumour Gunston requesting trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The patch of games mid season 2006 (when we beat Carlton by 70+, Essendon by 130 odd, then St Kilda on a Friday Night at the Dome by 60 odd, then Sydney at the SCG by 40 odd, and North Melbourne at home in Roo's 300th by 70+) was the best patch footy I've seen us play.

The patch of games mid season 2006 (when we beat Carlton by 70+, Essendon by 130 odd, then St Kilda on a Friday Night at the Dome by 60 odd, then Sydney at the SCG by 40 odd, and North Melbourne at home in Roo's 300th by 70+) was the best patch footy I've seen us play.

During the middle of 2006 was the only time in 20 years of supporting the Crows that I felt the side was invincible.

Even when we won back to back we were still vulnerable, but under Craig for a few weeks I felt like Geelong supporters did and Collingwood supporters currently do, unfortunately it was only short lived :(

If gunston signs then what the **** is jarmans problems? Likewise with biglands. I know you both are struggling in the real world of employment now that football isn't taking up your lives, but just keep your gobs shut, no one gives a shit what you think unless you're providing facts.

Absolutely. I know I shouldn't be surprised by it, but I still am shocked at how often media identities shoot their mouth off, and are later shown to have absolutely no idea. It's clear that they haven't even had a "sniff" of a story that just didn't go the way they expected - they've simply invented a story out of thin air because it will make a headline.

Walker is a talented young forward from NSW - so we'll say he's "definitely" going to GWS. We'll just make it up!!

Oh look, Gunston kicked a few goals. We'll just say he's requesting a trade. It doesn't matter that the club will deny it, Gunston will deny it, and we'll end up being proven to be total liars, we'll just say it anyway and grab a headline.

It's an absolute disgrace.

Absolutely. I know I shouldn't be surprised by it, but I still am shocked at how often media identities shoot their mouth off, and are later shown to have absolutely no idea. It's clear that they haven't even had a "sniff" of a story that just didn't go the way they expected - they've simply invented a story out of thin air because it will make a headline.

Walker is a talented young forward from NSW - so we'll say he's "definitely" going to GWS. We'll just make it up!!

Oh look, Gunston kicked a few goals. We'll just say he's requesting a trade. It doesn't matter that the club will deny it, Gunston will deny it, and we'll end up being proven to be total liars, we'll just say it anyway and grab a headline.

Agree.

I think we just have to get used to it. Clearly at the first sign any interstate player can play a bit some clown is going to drop the rumour. We'll get about 6-12 months respite after such players re-sign. Then the stories will start again.

During the middle of 2006 was the only time in 20 years of supporting the Crows that I felt the side was invincible.

Even when we won back to back we were still vulnerable, but under Craig for a few weeks I felt like Geelong supporters did and Collingwood supporters currently do, unfortunately it was only short lived :(

It was amazing i remember watching and thinking how good are we! This is too easy no one can touch us. Well sadly it didn't last.

We've had this crap off the likes of 5AA and the Advertiser for years. The media on the whole is an absolute joke.

We've had this crap off the likes of 5AA and the Advertiser for years. The media on the whole is an absolute joke.

The footy media especially. One giant boys' club where everyone is everyone else's mate and no real journalism actually happens. Tabloid stuff at best. The Advertiser is shocking. 5AA is worse.

Seems Roo has mail that he has told the club he is requesting a trade before next season back to Victoria. If this is the case, seriously bad news for us, as he was looking like turning into a top 5 player for the club in 2-3 years.

What type of player would we be looking for? Went mid draft, but has shown potential that outweighs where he was picked.

Trade for draft picks, established player, or up and comer?

Chanel 10 are saying that contract negotiations with Gunna have broken down. On the plus side talks with Talia are progressing well.
If this is true I want a quality youngster or a good draft pick for Gunna.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne's first rounder. They are desperate for a good key forward. Melbourne's first pick is 12 so that is pretty good for us.

Thinking exactly the same thing mate, there compo pick might be slightly too much to ask for...

I find it funny (well, not the right word but yeah...) that Port were the ones rumoured to be losing all these players to GWS/Melbourne and yet it's us who have lost Davis and now most likely Gunston, and perhaps Tippett to follow.

Channel 10 are normally on the mark with this sort of stuff, I trust their information, and it sounds very much like Gunston is gone.

honestly... you are 19-20... most of us were BUSTING to get out of home... In addition to that, you have close to the greatest job in the world and the adoration of thousands and thousands of people... but its all a little too overwhelming to live a 15 second flight from your home state?

weak as the proverbial...:thumbsdown:

We've got serious cultural problems at our club if true. If PAFC can keep their young list yet we can't hang on to ours... we ****ed.

Definitely not looking good. Hopefully a year of pain (if we lose Tippett and Gunston), will result in some long term gain, if we get some high draft picks next year.

Davis compo, as well as possibly the trio of Gunston, Maric and Tippett, on top of our existing picks, we HAVE to draft well over the next few years.

disappointed if we dont get kennedy too....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back