Rumour Gunston requesting trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not doing that it doesn't make a difference.

I'm just saying some people in this thread are choosing arbitrary barometers to suit their argument.

This.

I understand being filthy at not converting a top 4 spot into a premiership.

I dont understand setting the bar at a GF appearance. A loss is just another close but no cigar result. For mine its the premiership drought- not gf appearance drought. Plenty examples of losing GF teams who were never going to win the flag and were probably a bit lucky to make it. (port 07, carlton 99, dees 00)

anyways... jack gunston hey.... hope he can win a flag with the crows

When NC was coach, wasn't the anti-Craig brigade slogan "Winning a flag is all that matters"?

I believe it was 'being a trude contender' is what really matters - always an element of luck etc.

I believe the way we lost finals was interpreted by some as 'not being a true contender'.

The inability to realise we had lost the ability to be a true contender and consequetnly rebuild (probably after 07) was also something that was thrown up alot.

I believe it was 'being a trude contender' is what really matters - always an element of luck etc.

I believe the way we lost finals was interpreted by some as 'not being a true contender'.

Yeah, I strongly disagree with that. We ****ed up in 05 & 06. WCE had the wood on us. But NC and the Crows were very good that year.

The inability to realise we had lost the ability to be a true contender and consequetnly rebuild (probably after 07) was also something that was thrown up alot.

Totally agree with this. I do think NC did a good job of getting the best out of the team in 07-09, but given the GWS & GC draft concessions, he should have embraced the bottom out and had a better of assessment as to where the list was at.

Yeah, I strongly disagree with that. We ****ed up in 05 & 06. WCE had the wood on us. But NC and the Crows were very good that year.

Totally agree with this. I do think NC did a good job of getting the best out of the team in 07-09, but given the GWS & GC draft concessions, he should have embraced the bottom out and had a better of assessment as to where the list was at.

Yep - I understand having another crack at it in 07 given how good we were, particularly in the first half of 06 - but when it was blatantly obvious that we were not a serious contendor and with the expansion teams coming in - we needed to get some quality out of those drafts - getting a Trengove/Martin type of elite talent would have made a huge difference in the long run. Instead our years of being crap are netting us a pick 10/14 type in a compromised draft.

I'm just attempting to paraphrase about 100 different posters over a few years with what I said FYI ;)

I wasn't in town for 05/06 regular season though tried to follow valiantly from overseas. Went to the 06 finals series when 'passing through' home again. I did feel we were playing a little above our lists's ability at times. really hard to have an opinion without seeing every game week in week out and living through it.

I certainly think Craigy caught the competition out a bit with his gameplan. But then wasn't able to be flexible enough or change gears again in the finals to really give us an edge in the important games.

I'm just attempting to paraphrase about 100 different posters over a few years with what I said FYI ;)

I wasn't in town for 05/06 regular season though tried to follow valiantly from overseas. Went to the 06 finals series when 'passing through' home again. I did feel we were playing a little above our lists's ability at times. really hard to have an opinion without seeing every game week in week out and living through it.

I certainly think Craigy caught the competition out a bit with his gameplan. But then wasn't able to be flexible enough or change gears again in the finals to really give us an edge in the important games.

In the first half / two thirds of 06 we were unstoppable - it was almost breath taking to watch. We were winning games by like 5+ goals week in week out. At one stage people were talking us up to the point (similar to the Pies this year) of saying things like- just give them the flag, I think it was Lloyd who said we were a class above everyone else. We had a bad run with injuries/parvovirus/Matt Thomas etc and came back to the pack a bit in the latter part of the season - Having said that we still finished second, won our home qualifying final, got a week off, and were 4 goals up in a home prelim. I don't care what drugs Ben Cousins was allegedly on, we should have won that game. I know we lost Biglands with a knee, but we were still in a position to win that game - at least 1 grand final out of 05/06 should have been a given when you look at how we played through the home and away season.

Looks like Jars might have been talking out of his arse, surprise surprise:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...etaining-gunston/story-e6frecoc-1226129712106

CROWS fans fear not - young gun Jack Gunston is in serious contract talks to stay in Adelaide rather than return to Victoria.
Adelaide football operations manager Phil Harper on Monday dismissed speculation teenager Gunston had asked to be traded to a Victorian-based AFL club on the basis of homesickness.

"We met Jack's management last Thursday and have every indication he wants to stay," said Adelaide football operations chief Phil Harper.

This is backed up by Adelaide putting a deal to Gunston last week, his management quickly responding with a counter offer and the Crows placing new terms before his manager.

This process could come to an end next week ensuring Gunston stays at West Lakes for the next two seasons.

Nod. All fair comment.

Nod. All fair comment.

Always surprises me that people never cite the fitness regime as a reason for us falling in a massive hole in the last third of 2006. Especially after what's been uncovered in the last 12 months.

We were always teetering on the edge of breaking point, and went over that edge several times.

We cannot let Gunston go as far far more important than the other 2 Fwd stars as he at least prepared to lead .
We havent had huge success with many of top 2 draft picks and cant let a good one go. If we want to trade then trade some of those over rated players Knights -- Rielly --Douglas --Even Tippett - Dangerfield and Tex .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always surprises me that people never cite the fitness regime as a reason for us falling in a massive hole in the last third of 2006. Especially after what's been uncovered in the last 12 months.

We were always teetering on the edge of breaking point, and went over that edge several times.

Obviously you are new to this board.

Please never ever bring that up again.

Because hentschels knee and roos parvo were more telling.

Massive hole is an overstatement anyways. We lost 3 in a row by a couple of goals. We then won the next two... kicking 6 goals to 1, and 5 goals to none in last quarters.

Looks like Jars might have been talking out of his arse, surprise surprise:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...etaining-gunston/story-e6frecoc-1226129712106

CROWS fans fear not - young gun Jack Gunston is in serious contract talks to stay in Adelaide rather than return to Victoria.
Adelaide football operations manager Phil Harper on Monday dismissed speculation teenager Gunston had asked to be traded to a Victorian-based AFL club on the basis of homesickness.

"We met Jack's management last Thursday and have every indication he wants to stay," said Adelaide football operations chief Phil Harper.

This is backed up by Adelaide putting a deal to Gunston last week, his management quickly responding with a counter offer and the Crows placing new terms before his manager.

This process could come to an end next week ensuring Gunston stays at West Lakes for the next two seasons.
This threads about Craig mate

Obviously you are new to this board.

Please never ever bring that up again.
Oh Jesus. I'm very glad I wasn't around right at that time.

Craig's game plan in 05/06 was sensational. We were playing fantastic footy and it was revelutionary. There was one point where we genuinly looked unstoppable.

Unfortunately for Craig, he failed to adapt his game plan to the times and we because a step or two behind.

He has never been a good match day coach because he doesn't think the game plan will need to change to win footy. That faith in his system could have been his downfall. His off field coaching in 05/06 was VERY good however.

Unfortunately where we played our BEST footy in 05/06 as a club, we weren't rewarded due to a few little things here and there. Shame. Don't think I've ever been as gutted as after the 06 prelim.

Andrew Jarman like Steven Rowe is nothing more than facilitator of information given to them by different sources. Some of it is legitimate and some of it is nothing more than junk but they wouldn’t just make it up.

You honestly don’t believe they would still know people who give them descent information.

A few clubs have possibly spoken to Jack Gunston's manager and at that stage he may have listened to offer but now he is open to the idea of staying.

If gunston signs then what the **** is jarmans problems? Likewise with biglands. I know you both are struggling in the real world of employment now that football isn't taking up your lives, but just keep your gobs shut, no one gives a shit what you think unless you're providing facts.

I am King, therfore i am Jars but im thinking too rational to be me, so who is me? Jars, Lawrst, King, Wall-e?

Or is it really Jenny..........

In the first half / two thirds of 06 we were unstoppable - it was almost breath taking to watch. We were winning games by like 5+ goals week in week out. At one stage people were talking us up to the point (similar to the Pies this year) of saying things like- just give them the flag, I think it was Lloyd who said we were a class above everyone else. We had a bad run with injuries/parvovirus/Matt Thomas etc and came back to the pack a bit in the latter part of the season - Having said that we still finished second, won our home qualifying final, got a week off, and were 4 goals up in a home prelim. I don't care what drugs Ben Cousins was allegedly on, we should have won that game. I know we lost Biglands with a knee, but we were still in a position to win that game - at least 1 grand final out of 05/06 should have been a given when you look at how we played through the home and away season.

Saw most our games...didn't see much other footy tho.

Was home for, and attended, the r22dees game (was the day I got back), freo final and the west coast prelim.

Always been keen to get my hands on the steak games to watch them again... Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back