Prediction GWS Giants v Adelaide Crows Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to be a lot of newbs about with strong opinions today...

Adelaide in Adelaide is a tough prospect for any team.

Kenners is the only one I'm a bit unhappy with and that is Adam. He tries hard but I don't see what he brings.

Anyways lets win this last quarter.

Seems to be a lot of newbs about with strong opinions today...

Adelaide in Adelaide is a tough prospect for any team.

Kenners is the only one I'm a bit unhappy with and that is Adam. He tries hard but I don't see what he brings.

Anyways lets win this last quarter.

Good to have new contributors.

Kenners isn't on his own btw. Has Buntine's game been any better?

Taranto is not setting the world on fire - but is NOT a liability. I'd be dropping others before him. Kennedy never has and is still not an AFL standard player.
You do need to accept that many people believe he is, you have no choice in the matter.

Good to have new contributors.

Kenners isn't on his own btw. Has Buntine's game been any better?
I saw the Bunts of old with a great smother in the 2nd qtr. His timing looked off a bit though, he also conceded marks I would expect him to spoil.

The thrashing we had to have.

The boys can now stop reading the papers and drinking the bathwater.

Time to regroup and get back to reality.

The season is a marathon not a sprint. We will bounce back.
If we have any players left. Shiel with a calf would leave a gigantic hole with cogs out

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The thrashing we had to have.

The boys can now stop reading the papers and drinking the bathwater.

Time to regroup and get back to reality.

The season is a marathon not a sprint. We will bounce back.
Absolutely mate! Three biggest problems today: 1. we lacked intensity and that was evident when we were barely celebrating our early goals. 2. We believed it would happen so were lazy on the transition back once the crows got the ball and did not cut their running patterns to make ball delivery to their forwards difficult. 3. Selections of players like Matt Kennedy who are not able to perform without pressure - let alone with pressure. I think this is the loss we need to make the boys realise, we are the best team on paper, but no premiership is won on paper!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what we are not even going to make the 8 playing like this. This is my last post for today before I get called negative.... I am just fuming

This time I'm with you. Team should get a big bake after that. Not expecting a win today, but was looking for passion and band of brothers attitude. It looks like they are a bit overwhelmed by the mountain to climb.

Absolutely mate! Three biggest problems today: 1. we lacked intensity and that was evident when we were barely celebrating our early goals. 2. We believed it would happen so were lazy on the transition back once the crows got the ball and did not cut their running patterns to make ball delivery to their forwards difficult. 3. Selections of players like Matt Kennedy who are not able to perform without pressure - let alone with pressure. I think this is the loss we need to make the boys realise, we are the best team on paper, but no premiership is won on paper!

We are without some really pivotal players. Cogs and Whitfield are really important and take pressure off Kelly, Shiel and Ward. Cogs also gives us some zip in the guts which we were sadly missing today.

We will improve and I am still optimistic but we are not Godzilla and need to understand this.

On the positive side I thought Griff was really good today. His courage to put his head over the ball is really not given enough credit.

No he is not the Rolls Royce he used to be but he plays a role every week and is a foot soldier.

You know what we are not even going to make the 8 playing like this. This is my last post for today before I get called negative.... I am just fuming

Fume away - but I will say this, it is only round one.

We'll be there or thereabouts come the right end of the season.

People have been overreacting for months now, and will continue to overreact over this game.

Take a dead breath and worry not.

Fume away - but I will say this, it is only round one.

We'll be there or thereabouts come the right end of the season.

People have been overreacting for months now, and will continue to overreact over this game.

Take a dead breath and worry not.
I know mate

I tipped Adelaide as not many will beat them.over there. But I'm so so disappointed

My little rant begins here
" At some point it's gotta stop being ok for oppo fans to infest our sections in the crowd. We had a half sized secrion of around 100 people today and there were many 10's of thoisands of seats for Crows fans. A lady behind me in our section me spent half the match whinging about our concessions, and then told two kids who yelled out go Giants to shut up because they were visitors and disrespectful.
I regret not saying something and my reticence was only becuase I from a generation that is uncomfortable swearing at women, and the kids parents were there and I felt it wasn't my place.

It's generally not that bad at spotless but I have had to move away from oppo fans in the members stand.
Time it stopped. "
Rant over.
Now I will go and congratulate the Crows on their board, take a deep breath as Ichabod said and look forward to the Suns game.

My little rant begins here
" At some point it's gotta stop being ok for oppo fans to infest our sections in the crowd. We had a half sized secrion of around 100 people today and there were many 10's of thoisands of seats for Crows fans. A lady behind me in our section me spent half the match whinging about our concessions, and then told two kids who yelled out go Giants to shut up because they were visitors and disrespectful.
I regret not saying something and my reticence was only becuase I from a generation that is uncomfortable swearing at women, and the kids parents were there and I felt it wasn't my place.

It's generally not that bad at spotless but I have had to move away from oppo fans in the members stand.
Time it stopped. "
Rant over.
Now I will go and congratulate the Crows on their board, take a deep breath as Ichabod said and look forward to the Suns game.
Always hard to be deep inside enemy territory.

Always hard to be deep inside enemy territory.
Point is she was in ours. If it came from outside I could wear it. Why would a crows supporter presumably make a real effort not to sit in a Crows section and then whine.

Same old problems. Get some pressure on and we capitulate into long bombs that just don't work. We end up relying on players to win one on one contests and it just doesn't happen in today's game. I really hoped we had a chance with Scott Thompson out but no such luck. Adelaide is such a good pressure team that we just don't match up well. Coniglio was really missed - the extra runner missing really hurt. Griffen was ok, but he's definitely lost a step or five and after that it was rookies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back