GWS Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

No but I think you may have.
Go away and get the points for pick 7 and then the points for pick 13 and 32 then come back and talk. Hint - more points better.
Nah we are good but thanks for your kind offer and words.
We have enough points for our needs. Why would we help out adelaide?

Please make use of the piss off button and dont return.

No but I think you may have.
Go away and get the points for pick 7 and then the points for pick 13 and 32 then come back and talk. Hint - more points better.
Mate, this is the Giants board. So yeah, not going anywhere. If you had even the slightest clue about our trading situation, you'd realise how stupid you look. No mate, you go away...and don't bother coming back. Of course you will, because I sense you'll be one of those types to be the discussion ender :confused:

Nah we are good but thanks for your kind offer and words.
We have enough points for our needs. Why would we help out adelaide?

Please make use of the piss off button and dont return.
Lol. If you dont think GWS are looking at ways of maximizing their points your kidding yourself.
Pick 13 and 32 = more points than pick 7.
But I guess the fact you and your fellow posters didnt know that must of been a little embarising for you......

Lol. If you dont think GWS are looking at ways of maximizing their points your kidding yourself.
But I guess the fact you and your fellow posters didnt know that must of been a little embarising for you......
You do realise we are already facilitating a trade for Treloar and with Carlton for a bunch of our depth players. I don't think we are desperate to add your second rounder with a crappier first rounder for pick 7 and hampton

What part of we have our academy kids covered with points didnt get through?

As such any picks on top of that are draft value. Trading our pick 7 to help you lot wont benefit us at all.

LOL, I gave this Crows Clown an out with the head knock thing, but he's still stumbling around in semi concussed daze. Now quoting Jay Clark, and looking for that last word.

So, back to the real world...what is the hold up on Treloar? There are a few theories out there. I'd prefer to deal one on one with the Pies if it is the two first rounders our way, and Treloar and our second their way.

Jay Clark just tweeted about clubs looking to do a deal with pick swaps for GWS 8 as it will only be used for academy players.
Oh well, looks like you learnt something today.

You need to go back and learn how the draft system works with the points before you come on here and try and tell us what you think we want.

If the club don't have to they won't be using the top 10 picks on academy players - what good are some dud second/third round picks for the Giants if hopper/Kennedy aren't bid on in the top 10?

A multitude of low picks didn't equal a top pick before the points system was introduced and that hasn't changed now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jay Clark just tweeted about clubs looking to do a deal with pick swaps for GWS 8 as it will only be used for academy players.
Oh well, looks like you learnt something today.
Jay Clark is a peanut. Suggests GWS would trade 8 to Essendon for 23 and 25 to get 20 more points. 20 points is the equivalent of pick 72, but would give an opposing club a big boost by jumping into the top 10 from two second rounders. We're not scratching that hard for points, picks 7 and 8 will get us Hopper and Kennedy, then the rest of the academy players can be covered by our own 2nd round and later picks plus whatever comes in for guys like Bugg, Townsend, etc.

Jay Clark is a peanut. Suggests GWS would trade 8 to Essendon for 23 and 25 to get 20 more points. 20 points is the equivalent of pick 72, but would give an opposing club a big boost by jumping into the top 10 from two second rounders. We're not scratching that hard for points, picks 7 and 8 will get us Hopper and Kennedy, then the rest of the academy players can be covered by our own 2nd round and later picks plus whatever comes in for guys like Bugg, Townsend, etc.
If Essendon don't bid *wink wink* then that saves you more points. If we land pick 5 in the Carlisle deal you could save even more than that.

Essendon bid pick 4: 2034 (1627 to match) = pick 7 gone, then if you draft Kennedy with 8 you pay the full price, or take another player and find the points further down the line. If you don't have pick 7&8 (due to trading 8) he may slip further and you take him for discount points leaving you better later picks/points later on.

Essendon don't bid: 1878 (1502) or 1751 (1400) = change from 7 (142/244pts), and say Kennedy goes pick 10 (taken from knightmare draft thread)

1395pts = 1116 to match

Pick 21 = 878 + (142/244) = 1020/1122

Leaves you almost full value of pick 23 in reserve.

I dunno, seems an intriguing system and if it isn't manipulated this year it will be down the track. GWS would be running simulations I'd reckon to ensure they get the most out of it all.

Last edited:
Still.
With our academy players covered I just dont see us throwing away a top pick for late draft picks building some "points"
You guys would know your list and how many picks you'll take far better than I. In isolation it seems a good deal (like a free second rounder), but there's also the option of drafting a top ten player if you have the points down the track and all the proposed Carlton deals etc etc

You guys would know your list and how many picks you'll take far better than I. In isolation it seems a good deal (like a free second rounder), but there's also the option of drafting a top ten player if you have the points down the track and all the proposed Carlton deals etc etc
And, that is the key point that people seem to be missing.

I think the Giants would probably have a good idea what bids will be made for their Academy players - and I'd hazard a guess that their first round plus the pick they get for Treloar will be more than enough to get Hopper & Kennedy. If they were less than 20 points short they may consider a trade like that; but that's unlikely.
Certainly a trade like that wouldn't be made before free agency closes and all compensation picks are awarded. To take lower picks would see the Giants royally screwed if a compensation pick appeared between 8 and 23 and bumped those second-round picks down.

Don't be that guy Andre

Don't really want to Cogs but TBH I'm a bit disappointed the leverage opposition fans get on our Board to troll.

If you try that sort of thing anywhere else you cop a ban.

I think its ok if they participate in some threads but I think they should probably be encouraged to the generic trade threads personally.

Would rather go into deficit and move on depth players for 2016 picks than this jay Clark trade. Happy to take the punt on Kennedy re nominations. Hopper will cost a lot of points, Kennedy we may get lucky.

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back