Game Day GWS vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Didn’t see a thread started yet so here we are.

Elimation final for us, everything to play for so hopefully it gives the kick up the arse a few of our boys need.

Blind faith today. Us by 10 points.

Really interested to see how we approach the game, and whether we show real desperation.

If we go out there looking scared to lose, it will be very frustrating.

Just to add, Carlton, Hawks and Dogs play the bottom 3 sides this week.

Could end the round outside the 8, albeit Carlton are injury ravaged and playing like crap.

Time for a few guys to stand up today and show why they have such big reputations amongst the freo faithful.

Jackson
Ryan
Frederick

To name but a few.

Pinning all our expectations on guys like Voss, Reidy, Emmett and the likes is probably unfair.
We will need everyone to put in a shift but some of those guys are clearly outside the B22 when everyone is fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can win if Voss has miraculously learned to mark in the last 7 days.
Was gonna post exact thing. We don’t need him near goals..but if he can be that link up player who takes a grab and then sends it fwd. Give him a glove and spray it with plenty of sticko spray.

Honestly, despite the odds of us playing finals still being decent (even if they don't feel like it), I've already emotionally let go of finals. Hopefully that reduces the crushing disappointment.
Same for me. I think my crushing disappointment came after Essendon loss. I tipped Geelong last week. I do hope we can salvage a good win next week but I’m not expecting finals. I will be interested in the WCE vs Carlton game.

Out of 7 close games we have won 1.5. Pinch 2 (ie Port and Essendon) and were right in the mix). Just not to be this year.

Going to try not to get sucked into the Vortex on this one

Hopefully I can watch a good competitive game , without losing my shit and be pleased with the result 😁
I will be losing my shit no doubt about it - will watch this locked in a dark room so my family doesn’t see me unravel.

As disappointing as the season has become over the last 2 weeks - we've rocked up to and been in the game for the vast majority of performances this season.

Do that again and anything can happen. Hell we are due some luck our way too.

Time for a few guys to stand up today and show why they have such big reputations amongst the freo faithful.

Jackson
Ryan
Frederick

To name but a few.

Pinning all our expectations on guys like Voss, Reidy, Emmett and the likes is probably unfair.
We will need everyone to put in a shift but some of those guys are clearly outside the B22 when everyone is fit.
I hope those first two in particular were pulled aside and asked to give us something special. Two very important players with the most room for improvement and to make a real difference.

We will find out today if this team has a killer instinct. Season on the line. Would be an even more horrible way to end the season if they show no heart and absolutely capitulate.
Today (and likely next week!) calls for a "do or die" approach. Leave nothing behind on the field.
Attack from the first bounce, take no prisoners.
Better to try and fail than to not try at all.
I have no prediction, lest I jinx something.
LFG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back