Hamill 1 Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by StKildonan
I wasn't there, so fair enough.

We'll cop it on the chin.

But it would be nice if the same level of justice be applied to all.

Stafford deserves 9 weeks +

My reasoning.... the 8 weeks his victim spends on the sideline plus a penalty.

If he gets that, I will say he got what he deserved too.

So if i strike someone across the face and break his cheekbone, I deserve a seven week suspension (5 for the cheekbone, 2 weeks for the hit), and someone else does exactly the same thing, but hits him across the nose instead of the cheekbone, forcing the player to miss only one week, the offender should get three?

Going by injury doesn't work because there is such a fine line.

Originally posted by sainter35
Guilty until proven innocent..........may not be fair ??? what an understatement- I thought even murderers got the benefit of innocent till proven guilty?

Didn't you blokes have Scarlett hung, drawn and quartered before he was even charged?

Originally posted by Petrie Dish
So if i strike someone across the face and break his cheekbone, I deserve a seven week suspension (5 for the cheekbone, 2 weeks for the hit), and someone else does exactly the same thing, but hits him across the nose instead of the cheekbone, forcing the player to miss only one week, the offender should get three?

Going by injury doesn't work because there is such a fine line.

If you strike someone across the face and break his cheekbone, you are on the sideline until the victim is able to play again, then you serve your penalty.

Sounds harsh, but if adjudicated by the tribunal that you were reckless, that is the risk you take.

You'll find fewer serious injuries - like that serial knee/ elbower, Stafford, has caused.

I wasn't there, so fair enough.

We'll cop it on the chin.

But it would be nice if the same level of justice be applied to all.

Stafford deserves 9 weeks +

My reasoning.... the 8 weeks his victim spends on the sideline plus a penalty.

If he gets that, I will say he got what he deserved too.

I think Stafford was suffering from amnesia and didn't know what he was doing.

Originally posted by Fraser
According to SEN, Zantuck admitted to taking a dive.

Perhaps trying to help the bloke. Or accentuated the action

By the way, i only just worked out SEN has live streaming over the internet for those not in melbourne! Somebody could've told me!

Originally posted by Oh we're from..
Perhaps trying to help the bloke. Or accentuated the action

By the way, i only just worked out SEN has live streaming over the internet for those not in melbourne! Somebody could've told me!

There has been 4-5 threads on SEN live on the net. What did you want, a PM?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs a weeks break anyway.

With Baker and Hamill sidelined, it gives Guerra, Murray, Wulf & Brooks a chance to press for selection.

More than happy that a quartet of that calibre will be considered for selection this week.

If you strike someone across the face and break his cheekbone, you are on the sideline until the victim is able to play again, then you serve your penalty.

Sounds harsh, but if adjudicated by the tribunal that you were reckless, that is the risk you take.

You'll find fewer serious injuries - like that serial knee/ elbower, Stafford, has caused.

The difference between a broken cheekbone (and 5 weeks out) and a broken nose (maybe 1 week out) could merely be down to the placement of the hit and the angle. Then you have a situation where two guys who do the same thing are out for significantly differing amounts of time, simply because one has hit the nose and the other the cheekbone - of course it sounds harsh, because it is and it's not a fair way of doing things.

Going by injury sustained isn't a fair way to determine a penalty, IMO, because the difference between a serious injury and not can be so fine. I would prefer to have harsher penalties brought in anyway - Johnson will probably play this week, but I would still like to have seen Baker get 5-6 weeks because the potential for serious injury was there.

hahaha Fireman Sam,

:D

with that dud coach we got from your success rich history

I'm just riding the waves till years end when they boot his red white and black butt home.

but come september you will be doing exactly the same as us, watching 8 other teams play finals football.

u r deluded if u think your going to have successful year then you're living in a world of make-believe. With flowers and bells and leprechauns, and magic frogs with funny little hats...

Originally posted by Coach Required
hahaha Fireman Sam,

I'm just riding the waves till years end when they boot his red white and black butt home.

but come september you will be doing exactly the same as us, watching 8 other teams play finals football.

u r deluded if u think your going to have successful year then you're living in a world of make-believe. With flowers and bells and leprechauns, and magic frogs with funny little hats...

I coulda swore we played the flowers, bells and leprechauns on the weekend and smasshed em.......enjoy mediocrity it sits well with your rabble club.

Originally posted by Coach Required
hahaha Fireman Sam,

Not deluded, nor bitter and twisted like you. It must cut you to the bone that Saints are doing so well and tigers suck. Take a valium and visit the little make believe world you speak of. You will feel less pain! :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Hamill 1 Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back