Review Hamish 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I'm hesitant too at the moment. Apparently is a skilled player, earned that spot in the preseason and honestly, he won a lot of respect from me (as meaningless as that is) for how he tried to continue player after the first dislocation.
That response wasn’t hesitant

We do, if it's an early pick. 38 is not an early pick.

The decision to draft Rowe ended up being a pretty sound one, considering what occurred with Stengle. Now, bringing in Mitch Hinge as a DFA... that one needs a fair bit of scrutiny, seeing that would have been the list spot for Luke Edwards.
We clearly didn't rate Edwards. Possibly looking like a mistake (he was really impressive tonight), but early days.

I've no issue with our recruits from last year, they are all showing something. Luke looks like he has improved rapidly at the Eagles. Good luck to him.

So you think a slow as fu** small forward, incapable of producing forward pressure, was a more important priority to our side than a midfielder who just racked up 27 disposals against Richmond in his second game? lol.

I don't care if people flame me for it, I'm done with Hamish. He's going into the same bin as Ricciuto. Persona non grata.
Like I said, different position and Edwards did end up going at pick 50+. If he was view as an early 2nd rounder we would have selected him with our 3rd or 4th pick but we would have also selected Rowe with the other pick. Rowe kicked some important goals as a small forward against the Cats and Melbourne and was excellent against West Coast away.

1623588283668.png

Like I said, different position and Edwards did end up going at pick 50+. If he was view as an early 2nd rounder we would have selected him with our 3rd or 4th pick but we would have also selected Rowe with the other pick. Rowe kicked some important goals as a small forward against the Cats and Melbourne and was excellent against West Coast away.

View attachment 1154545
Jimmy Rowe has been a terrific pick-up. This shouldn't be a Rowe vs. Edwards 'argument'. If we wanted both Rowe and Edwards, we could have had them. We didn't.

Jimmy Rowe has been a terrific pick-up. This shouldn't be a Rowe vs. Edwards 'argument'. If we wanted both Rowe and Edwards, we could have had them. We didn't.
IMO, it's Edwards vs Berry "argument" if Edwards had continue his trend as an early 2nd rounder in his draft year and even an Edwards vs Pedlar "argument" given Edwards was consider a top 10 pick a few years before his draft year.

IMO, it's Edwards vs Berry "argument" if Edwards had continue his trend as an early 2nd rounder in his draft year and even an Edwards vs Pedlar "argument" given Edwards was consider a top 10 pick a few years before his draft year.
As long as Edwards was available at 38, which he was, you'll never convince me it's a Berry vs Edwards argument. That's just wrapping yourself in cotton wool to protect yourself from the truth.

My gut feel with Rowe is that he has a low ceiling. We are probably already seeing the best of what he can produce and it's okay, but it's not better than a mid who can rack up the footy and use it well.

Gotta remember that in any Luke-Edwards-should-be-a-Crow argument, you have to take into account that he was passed up by plenty of other clubs before West Coast at 50. We weren't the only ones to underrate him. Not saying that if becomes a good AFL player, that we didn't blow it, because we were in the box seat. Just saying that across the AFL landscape, Luke wasn't highly rated. We were not alone. After drafting two previous Glenelg midfield 'duds' (Matthew Allan and Luke Partington), it looks like the Eagles may have go third-time lucky.

Gotta remember that in any Luke-Edwards-should-be-a-Crow argument, you have to take into account that he was passed up by plenty of other clubs before West Coast at 50. We weren't the only ones to underrate him. Not saying that if becomes a good AFL player, that we didn't blow it, because we were in the box seat. Just saying that across the AFL landscape, Luke wasn't highly rated. We were not alone. After drafting two previous Glenelg midfield 'duds' (Matthew Allan and Luke Partington), it looks like the Eagles may have go third-time lucky.
Who gives a **** if other clubs don't rate him? It's totally irrelevant. This is a thread about our head of recruitment and he blew it....again.

And you know players like Rhys Palmer and Lewis Taylor screamed out the gate before becoming generic. So he might not be Tim Kelly yet.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who gives a fu** if other clubs don't rate him? It's totally irrelevant. This is a thread about our head of recruitment and he blew it....again.
We went with dynamic midfielders in Pedlar and Berry so no he didn't blew it. Even his recruiting of McHenry is now correct and Jones is starting his potential.

Whatever helps you sleep at night bud. Other clubs also being incompetent doesn't make me feel better about my own club's shortcomings.
Honestly, I was hoping Edwards wouldn't be selected in the National Draft and we would Rookie list him like his brother. But credit to West Coast development and teaching him to play in their system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Hamish 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back