Coach Harding joins EFC as Opposition Strategy coach

Remove this Banner Ad

No, not Warren Gamaliel Harding, although I'm sure we're all going to make that mistake a lot in future! Rob Harding, formerly of the Crows.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-10-24/harding-joins-bombers

Presumably this is the Petyr Baelish of the competition and his basic plan is as follows:
  1. Identify idiots who are AFL players
  2. Draft their hopefully less stupid brother
  3. Secure game plans
  4. Blame Kyle Cheney and/or cocaine
I for one eagerly anticipate us properly rorting the system for once.

Could be a handy pickup. I think also one of the main criticisms of Worsfold during his time at the Eagles was he didn't adapt very much to what his opposition were doing and didn't really have a plan B with his gameplan (unless you count moving Hunter forward). Worsfold is obviously a great motivator and skilled at developing talent though. So if Harding's role is effective it could provide some good balance in our coaching box.

Incidentally I didn't intend this post to be bashing Worsfold in any way either. I don't think he's really put a foot wrong so far. That said there wasn't really anyway to judge this year - so next year will be the first time we really get to see the gameplan and strategy enacted with a team that is skilled enough to actually put it together.

Great stuff, I also had similar thoughts about Worsfold as blitzer. Worsfold was like Hardwick in his West Coast tenure, looked a bit lost when he had to make changes. This bodes well for his evolution as a coach, and ours as a club. Exciting times!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think my Tonya Harding reference sailed wide of off stump and through to the keeper. I'm guessing I have to replace all of my Monica Seles material now also.

Yeah we really stabbed you in the back there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back