News Hardwick Quits as coach of Richmond: Press Conference at 10:30am Tuesday

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised he's been there as long as he has, you can just see it in his face every week, he just has looked like he's done for a while now.

Kane Cornes going to have a field day with this, has been all over the "Hardwick's not going to be there in the last years of Hopper and Taranto's contracts when the salary cap's going to be ruined" he didn't even last half a season.

Above all he’s clearly an astute footy coach. He knows he had 7-8 years initially to get Richmond to where they were, and currently he’s in year 1-2 of that cycle.

Does he have 5 years in him to push through to get them back? If not the time is now so you can refresh and seek a new opportunity, and it’s the right thing by Richmond. A coach that is chomping at the bit for the opportunity sees 5 years at a well resourced club as nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond ppl, who will be caretaker out of the following: Ben Rutten, David Teague or Andrew McQualter?
It's an uninspiring list. Rutten would be my guess. A lot of Richmond fans believe a large part of the reason we're we we are is because Dimma has had all his quality assistants poached. Leppa, mcrae, caracella, Kingsley etc and replaced them with not much

The weakest era in AFL history saw him snag 3 flags, you can't knock that. Bit tougher these days and it's all too much with a list like the Tiges
Had to overcome a very good Geelong time three times, an elite Adelaide team (who they knew were going to make the grand final and prepared for it), and won a flag in a different state during a pandemic. If that is a weak era then I want what you’re smoking.

Either he's got himself a new employer or he is in some trouble.
I was thinking, have a team like Gold Coast spoken to him? Seems like Gold Coast keep an eye out on us, so perhaps they've spoken to him. Or maybe he's just burnt out, which also makes sense. Not easy being a coach nowadays, let alone a coach of a traditional football state like Victoria, SA, WA etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hardwick Quits as coach of Richmond: Press Conference at 10:30am Tuesday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back