No Oppo Supporters Hardwick rumour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep it respectful.
Thread will stay open purely to prevent the topic from being filtered through other threads.
Remember, human beings are involved here.
If you want to comment, play nice.
Vulgar or inappropriate posts will be deleted without hestitation and infractions may occur.

Last edited:
Brook Cotchin seems like such a loud mouth who can't help but put her private life all over social media, even if it damages the club.

Not a fan of her at all.

In this instance, you're criticizing her for sharing a picture of people she spent Christmas morning with.

I understand what's happened in the past as far as the day spa goes and all that bullshit, but it's a bit ordinary to have a dig at the partner of a player for a picture on instagram, a picture which is barely controversial in the cold light of day.

Apply some critical thinking, don't let this toilet paper journalism dictate how you should feel about other people. The media want you angry and dumb, so be calm and ask questions.

In this instance, you're criticizing her for sharing a picture of people she spent Christmas morning with.

I understand what's happened in the past as far as the day spa goes and all that bullshit, but it's a bit ordinary to have a dig at the partner of a player for a picture on instagram, a picture which is barely controversial in the cold light of day.

Apply some critical thinking, don't let this toilet paper journalism dictate how you should feel about other people. The media want you angry and dumb, so be calm and ask questions.

It sounded like , they were talking more about her being an 'influencer', spas and the like?

I'm not a huge fan more due to her seemingly trying to get chimp to retire early :(

If you're Ben/Peggy, assuming that there is some unrest, how the f**k do you handle this?

Option [1A] - do absolutely nothing - hope that things self-correct, people will have the necessary conversations, culture is preserved & players staff accept what has happened. The risk here however is a rot has set-in and performance deteriorates. Some players may move on with a lack of pro-activeness

Option [1B] - address the issues within - maybe facilitate crisis meetings with senior leaders ensuring everyone is aligned ... captain, coach, families of staff etc. For example Danielle should not be orphaned from the club if she has great relationships with players & staff. I'm sure this will happen in some capacity

Option [2] - Gently encourage Dimma it might be time to move on - **this is assuming some untoward conduct** would be a very courageous line-in-the-sand to put club-culture above winning games. Would likely result in some players following him elsewhere. One would imagine the era ends with Dimma leaving, but Geelong showed that doesn't have to be the case when Bomber/Ablett departed

Truthfully you could take any one of these options & have NFI what the consequences would be

I think Option 1B is what happens

Nuclear Option 2 may be forced upon club officials if more comes out/further damage is done

If you're Ben/Peggy, assuming that there is some unrest, how the f**k do you handle this?

Option [1A] - do absolutely nothing - hope that things self-correct, people will have the necessary conversations, culture is preserved & players staff accept what has happened. The risk here however is a rot has set-in and performance deteriorates. Some players may move on with a lack of pro-activeness

Option [1B] - address the issues within - maybe facilitate crisis meetings with senior leaders ensuring everyone is aligned ... captain, coach, families of staff etc. For example Danielle should not be orphaned from the club if she has great relationships with players & staff. I'm sure this will happen in some capacity

Option [2] - Gently encourage Dimma it might be time to move on - **this is assuming some untoward conduct** would be a very courageous line-in-the-sand to put club-culture above winning games. Would likely result in some players following him elsewhere. One would imagine the era ends with Dimma leaving, but Geelong showed that doesn't have to be the case when Bomber/Ablett departed

Truthfully you could take any one of these options & have NFI what the consequences would be

Nuclear Option 2 may be forced upon club officials if more comes out/further damage is done

More planning than D day

How long has Dimma got on his contract?

What do the players think?

Few assistants have exited recently to

It sounded like , they were talking more about her being an 'influencer', spas and the like?

I'm not a huge fan more due to her seemingly trying to get chimp to retire early :(

No doubt, she's a wealthy, attractive woman on instagram. I'm pretty sure they all get the influencer label, despite how it's actually used.

In all likelihood, Danielle is a lovely person. I'm just pointing out that we don't know the full story and all may not be as it seems. I guarantee that there were many people who would have said the same thing about my parents. Some people are very good at keeping the public image of being a perfect husband/wife. As I said, she's probably really nice and doesn't deserve to go through any of this, but I also don't think we should make assumptions about either Damien or Danielle based on gutter journalism and vague social media posts.

exactly, we know basically jack shit about any of their lives and relationships. can't bring myself to be angry or disappointed or anything like that when I know nothing about the situation

will only take this seriously if players or staff actually come out speaking negatively about it or Dimmer has a meltdown over it

the tricky part is undoubtedly players will be divided

& that is a sh*t situation, but it is a situation (which appears) to be of Dimma's doing

But on the other side of this, Dimma is a 3 time premiership coach, & one of the most crucial cogs in turning our club around

It is a bona-fide club implosion

Believe this is his last season

Assistants come and go

Players will think “Gee, thats shit.... oh damn, beep test tomorrow, i ****ing hate the beep test”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the tricky part is undoubtedly players will be divided

& that is a sh*t situation, but it is a situation (which appears) to be of Dimma's doing

But on the other side of this, Dimma is a 3 time premiership coach, & one of the most crucial cogs in turning our club around

It is a bona-fide club implosion
You are very much over simplifying it breaking it down to people taking sides

My best mate had an affair on his wife and it was a really shit thing that he did
When I found out I called him out on it and let him know my feelings

Yet we are still best mates

The players will either not really care and say it’s none of their business or a few others will let Dimma know how they feel about it either way and life will go on

This whole narrative that is being created that battle lines are going to be drawn down the middle of the club is ridiculous

Assistants come and go

Players will think “Gee, thats sh*t.... oh damn, beep test tomorrow, i ******* hate the beep test”

They do but I think McRrae and Leppa where quite handy amongst others. Then there is the possibly of Rance coming back as player/coach :D

Dunno, maybe a change is as good as a holiday coming up, keep things fresh and stimulating

evolution is not a bad thing and helps growth

Last edited:
You are very much over simplifying it breaking it down to people taking sides

My best mate had an affair on his wife and it was a really sh*t thing that he did
When I found out I called him out on it and let him know my feelings

Yet we are still best mates

The players will either not really care and say it’s none of their business or a few others will let Dimma know how they feel about it either way and life will go on

This whole narrative that is being created that battle lines are going to be drawn down the middle of the club is ridiculous

I don't think the club will be "split down the middle", but I think there is potential for the club to be fractured along the lines of those who don't care about what Dimma did, & those who feel aggrieved for Danielle. That being said, I am hopeful this can be addressed

From what we know so far, it is alleged senior management are not especially impressed (Peggy probably?), & Brooke has put her two bobs worth in

I don't think the club will be "split down the middle", but I think there is potential for the club to be fractured along the lines of those who don't care about what Dimma did, & those who feel aggrieved for Danielle. That being said, I am hopeful this can be addressed

From what we know so far, it is alleged senior management are not especially impressed (Peggy probably?), & Brooke has put her two bobs worth in
As adults it’s pretty common to be critical of someone’s actions but still manage to continue a personal or personal relationship largely unaffected... the club will be the same
A few eyebrows might get raised but that will be about it

Jai Bednall at it again today..

“Any similar hope Tigers fans held that this was a personal matter that had no bearing on the coach’s relationships with his players or team harmony also appears fraught.”

His proof that it will affect team harmony and Dimma’s relationships with his players is providing zero evidence from any players but by showing posts from Danielle and Brooke.

Quality journalism again from this troll.

i reckon trash journos just make stuff up and if called out on it they claim they got the info from "my sources" and that they wish to remain anonymous (AKA I made up this news in the shower and told it to myself)

tom morris is the king of it in the AFL world

Tbf I don't really know what it means

Influencers are usually pushing their personal brand while also promoting different products during posts. Brooke's insta is mostly pictures of the kids.

What I'm saying is she fits the "demographic" as an influencer, but I don't think that's the reality.

How i read the Cotchin post on Instagram, Mrs Hardwick is clearly struggling & these low life's who are spreading all the rumours, despite what they claim, are not helping the situation at all.

How is the playing group going, not even necessarily about this, generally how are they going?? Are they up and about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back