Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Next time we'll just kit whoever it is up, sit them on the bench, and send them out for a couple of jogs at the end of every qtr.
Good plan. It's not like the WAFL can put performance requirements on the players in case they're just a spud

Well done to the guy for making it back. It's been a fair effort.
Completely unrewarded by the media too. He's had a bucket load of resilience to get this far with both injury and so many people wanting him to fail. I know it's not confirmed yet, and I won't believe it til the whistle actually starts but I'm just stoked for Harley.

My feelings right now:

excited.gif

giphy.gif

I hope the scorned media from him not fulfilling their doom conspiracies don't get the pitchforks out when he plays 50% tog parked in the pocket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's still four days until game day and two more training session (everything crossed he plays).

I hope he calls Brad Hardie ala Ross the Boss and have an expletive filled conversation with him after Hardie said he'd never play AFL again.

Bennell this week - 20 touches and 4 goals :thumbsu:

Next time we'll just kit whoever it is up, sit them on the bench, and send them out for a couple of jogs at the end of every qtr.

Again, going off vague memory here, but I think there is some sort of open to ended clause in the rules such as "Any unusual activity in regards to player eligibility can be investigated and discretion blah blah blah" or something to that effect. Others who have read it more recently can confirm it, but something like that did catch my eye. They're certainly trying to tighten up the loop-holes. Fair enough really.

Someone will know the full story better than me, but I believe Swan Districts did something like this with a teenage Phil Narkle.

Hey guys, just out of curiosity how many games has he played in your reserves before the call up? As an outsider, I'd assume he's probably played 4-5 given his history before coming in but none of that noise has filtered this way.

Again, going off vague memory here, but I think there is some sort of open to ended clause in the rules such as "Any unusual activity in regards to player eligibility can be investigated and discretion blah blah blah" or something to that effect. Others who have read it more recently can confirm it, but something like that did catch my eye. They're certainly trying to tighten up the loop-holes. Fair enough really.

We can just tell them to run to the wrong areas where the ball isn't going. How will they tell the difference between that and a normal NicNat game?

Hey guys, just out of curiosity how many games has he played in your reserves before the call up? As an outsider, I'd assume he's probably played 4-5 given his history before coming in but none of that noise has filtered this way.

Played four games with our WAFL allignment club Peel. Was named in their reserves in another to qualify him for finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back