Speculation Harley Reid [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Easier for WA teams due to only 2 clubs to pick from - not 9. It’s relative - stop making out that interstate sides are hard done by. It goes both ways.
What on earth are you talking about?

How many times has a WA player gone in the top 5 this millennium, compared to Vic clubs?

I think he'll sign a 1 or 2 year contract extension next season and then ask to be traded to a Vic club in 2027 or 2028.

Same feeling I had with Judd. Just feels inevitable that he'll go back to Vic. If so I hope we get a good return.
Wasn't Judd 90% because of the drugs issue, or was he glad it gave him a legitimate reason for leaving.

Wasn't Judd 90% because of the drugs issue, or was he glad it gave him a legitimate reason for leaving.
Twigley was the one pushing for the move the Melbourne more than anyone.

People say the drugs were the issue but he lived with Kerr and Kerr was his best mate at his wedding and that was after he went to Carlton.

Judd was always a flight risk his mum even wrote and performed a song to get him to come home🤪

He stayed as long as he did because he could see us having success. When the club imploded he left .

We lost one of the best midfields in history within a couple of years .

Cousins party drugs
Judd left for Carlton
Kerr's body let him down and was never the same

I don't want to burst your bubble but your 6 years from being a finals team let alone a flag. List is an absolute mess

Dont worry. You haven't.

Eagles are 3 years behind the Hawks IMO.

Go list who they have and where they came from.

I take great comfort watching the Hawks rebuilding and showing clubs how long it should take.

As opposed to how long it takes other clubs. ;)

How can we offer less travel to extend his career?
We'll start a new league with Freo, Adelaide and Port. Who's side are you on here? :p

I think Hurn, Darling, Pavlich and Mundy can put to bed any concerns about travel. Do Victorians have it better? Sure. Is it a deal breaker? Not anymore I would have thought.

Perhaps later in your career when you're married up and looking to raise a family or you want to be around aging parents. But Harley could find a local girl like some of our other Victorian players and decide to set up shop here as well. He'll have more than enough money to afford the flights back and forth across the country.

2002-3 Perth not the same as today. The reason Reid doesn't like talking about his down time is because there is nothing here for a 19 yo. Would be more fun at the barn dance in Tongola.
I doubt you even know where Tongala is.
Harley may have come from Tonie but that doesn't mean he spent every waking hour there.

Yes Perth is a vibrant place with options a plenty.

Don't however belittle the close-knit group of mates he has up here.
A Malibu, The Murray and a group of mates, is a pretty carefree way for a kid to pass his time, with a smile on his face.

Perth may be bigger than his hometown surroundings but bigger is not necessarily better.

West Coast can match and beat any money thrown at him with their salary cap space ridiculously low. Jeremy McGovern and Josh Kennedy are financial testaments to what can be done with a profile in WA.

He loves WC, he loves the players and has 50-55k fans cheering his every possession at Optus. The media attention on him decreased to a more than manageable level towards the end of the season. My guess is he'll sign a 2-3 year extension at or around 1.5m per year. WC will offer Harley 1.8m/2m per year for 4/5 years to tempt him and this offer would still leave significant money for trade/FA targets.

He won't be leaving any time soon, if at all.

Harley may have come from Tonie but that doesn't mean he spent every waking hour there.

A Malibu, The Murray and a group of mates, is a pretty carefree way for a kid to pass his time, with a smile on his face.

Perth may be bigger than his hometown surroundings but bigger is not necessarily better.
Ofcourse I dont know or care where Tongola is, everything looking east from here is the same impassible desert. I don't understand your turn of phrase (Malibu? WTF is that), I certainly wont get your culture. I do know this side of the desert and its culture and I can tell you that it is now a degraded place, basically a bunch of immigrant mercenaries living an orgy of atheistic indulgence. Small town community stuff is gone here, I was being genuine when I said you would have more fun at a barn dance.

Strange post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always find it weird when people keep referencing his mates in Tongala, yet he lives with his best mate in Perth and plays with 2 others at WCE.

It's not like he's some poor country kid ripped from his hometown, who's living an isolated life with no friends.

People seem to not pay any attention when it doesn't suit them.

Ofcourse I dont know or care where Tongola is, everything looking east from here is the same impassible desert. I don't understand your turn of phrase (Malibu? WTF is that), I certainly wont get your culture. I do know this side of the desert and its culture and I can tell you that it is now a degraded place, basically a bunch of immigrant mercenaries living an orgy of atheistic indulgence. Small town community stuff is gone here, I was being genuine when I said you would have more fun at a barn dance.
Sorry fella, I thought you were taking the p*ss about the country town he was brought up in.
My bad, I misread the concept of the post :embarrassedv1:.

Wrong side of the bed yesterday?

And Melbourne is even bigger.

Hence why Geelong is a likely destination if he moves one day.

Geez. I'm feeling crook thinking about that.....

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

Hungry Jacks?

You don't get those at a massive discount do you? It's a commercial transaction.

The asset just prints cash and provide very good returns.

Now the club would make introductions and assist with a player getting finance but they can't arrange for one to be sold for $1. Say like pubs in Geelong.

Happy Ryan Gosling GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Harley Reid [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back