Speculation Harley Reid [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

WC fans. What do WC need to do/show for him to stay? I've got a feeling WC will collect picks for Barass and hunt Warner this year. Is that the sort of thing that could sway him or is he too far gone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Several times pre draft.

Would love to play in big Melbourne games and crowds. Mentioned Collingwood, Essendon and Geelong.

Not just "mentioned" Geelong

He was an absolute Cats nuffie and fanatic growing up.

When asked who he was excited to play with at the Eagles he named Tim Kelly and Jamaine Jones. I wonder why? lol

If the writing is on the wall and the precedent is set (JHF), then I'm just wondering what strengthens the stay proposition
He will more than likely extend his initial contract. Hes not JHF who never had any intention of staying out of SA.

Clubs have gotten a lot better at not picking flight risks, its generally well known prior to the draft who the mummies boys are and they dont get drafted by the non vic clubs.
West Coast traded out of pick 2 a couple of years ago just to avoid being put in a position where we had to draft one or make a huge reach.

If we thought Reid was any way like that at all we wouldve split the pick I have no doubt

Seeing a rebuild taking place should be all it takes

Off topic but was good on the Front Bar last night. Been on the back page of the West Australian 91 times this year. His father and Sam Pang came 1/2 in the Tongala best and fairest many years ago. Good interplay with Nic Nat and Benny Cousins who were there.

My guess is that he'll stay provided he can see the team starting to improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Harley Reid [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back