Speculation Harley Reid [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Harley is from my old stomping ground.

I heard last time I was up that way that he had to head home because he needed a break from the ridiculousness of Perth and all the notoriety.
He’d been getting death threats in his DM’s from randoms on his socials too, according to one of his best mates.

Knowing that I won’t blame the kid if he ever wants out.

I heard last time I was up that way that he had to head home because he needed a break from the ridiculousness of Perth and all the notoriety.
He’d been getting death threats in his DM’s from randoms on his socials too, according to one of his best mates.

He should move to the quiet country town of Victoria. Won't get any attention there

It's relevant if the only 'high profile' VIC player you have ever had in 35 years was Judd and he left.

You certainly can't claim awesome retention if there's virtually no evidence of it, because there's not a massive sample of it.

I'd probably classify Shuey there, he certainly had some interest here and there over the journey, but nothing like rabid interest, probably because of a fair few injuries.

Looking into it, it's actually bizarre how few quality Victorian players WCE have had since their inception.

Eagles retain interstate draftees well.

Not sure why you only listed or discussed Vics.

Shannon Hurn Eagles games record holder.

Beau Waters. Premiership gun.

Sam Butler still lives in Perth. All three from SA.

Even Drew Petrie is still there coaching.

Current long termers Duggan. Just signed for life.

Tom Cole. Hitting 27 and under contract.

You listed Judd and Fraser. And that's it.

To be fair it is very common for players get threats over DMs (as shocking as that is).

Generally the social media DMs are overseen by the players manager so they don't get exposed to it, or at least, the players learn that is the best way to handle it eventually.

Salty Freo supporters, going off their reactions on social media after the derby...
I absolutely detest Harley. His smugness, him instigating all the antagonism. However, he has the skills to back all of this up. The push and ahove and argy bargy just seems to be all part of the fun of the game for him. His cocky attitude and seeming disrespect appears to help his game rather than hinder it.

In the end ive decided football is tremendously more fun to watch when he is playing and he has single handedly made derbies relevant again. Everybody loves to hate a vilain and he plays his role to perfection.

I absolutely detest Harley. His smugness, him instigating all the antagonism. However, he has the skills to back all of this up. The push and ahove and argy bargy just seems to be all part of the fun of the game for him. His cocky attitude and seeming disrespect appears to help his game rather than hinder it.

In the end ive decided football is tremendously more fun to watch when he is playing and he has single handedly made derbies relevant again. Everybody loves to hate a vilain and he plays his role to perfection.
Gotta love a villain.

The fact he can put it all aside as soon as the final siren goes shows great sportsmanship.

Leave it all out on the field. I hate it when blokes keep going at it after the final siren.

Gotta love a villain.

The fact he can put it all aside as soon as the final siren goes shows great sportsmanship.

Leave it all out on the field. I hate it when blokes keep going at it after the final siren.
Gotta say, these are my thoughts too.

I'm going to "love to hate" him for years and years and I hope we smash him in every derby.

But, he (as well as the Freo players) got serious credits from me for the way things transpired after the game.

There was more agro and niggle in that game than any I can recently remember and it was refreshing to see the reactions after the siren went.

Credit where it's due.

Supposedly hes happy to sign a 1 year extension.

The only leverage the club has in this is the pay rise in his 3rd year if he resigns before then, no other club can offer this unless he wants a trade while contracted, which the club naturally still has the power.

If we can leave that pay rise dangling, and let him enjoy his footy before worrying too much about it, we might get more than a 1 year extension first up
Makes no sense, he is WCE eagles best player on 200k a year (600k under value) and you are playing these type of stupid games to try to lock him away like an arab wife. Redo his contract so he is paid his value (no extra years just a pay rise), and them tell him he can go wherever, whenever he wants because there is no better place to play your career. Ask Judd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes no sense, he is WCE eagles best player on 200k a year (600k under value) and you are playing these type of stupid games to try to lock him away like an arab wife. Redo his contract so he is paid his value (no extra years just a pay rise), and them tell him he can go wherever, whenever he wants because there is no better place to play your career. Ask Judd
You can't 'redo' a rookie contract ffs.

Probably not, he will leave after 3-4 years and his career will peter out like Judd's did. Football clubs are like wifes, you only really get a first, after that you are just playing for money and lying to yourself.

He said WCE fans, not Freo ones using alt accounts.

Career long is a big call. I think 8-10 years is more likely than not.

He doesn't really have much pull to head to Melbourne. Players are leaving that city more and more actually.
Home is home for a lot of players though, wherever they're from.

Also your comment is quite funny given how often interstate sides complain that one of their disadvantages is too many players wanting to leave them to go back to Victoria. I don't know the data but with 50% of the teams in Melbourne and 60% in Victoria, you'd expect the city/state would have the most comings and goings in every trade period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Harley Reid [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back