Unrestricted Free Agent Harry Perryman [off to Collingwood]

Remove this Banner Ad

Must be nice being a big Vic club. Ports been into Perryman for years and then the Pies come calling at the eleventh hour šŸ˜©

Whilst our current list manager who has had Perryman on his radar for several years is about to move to Collingwood.

****ing ridiculous from Port to still have this guy in charge when heā€™s taking the top target to his new club instead.

Whilst our current list manager who has had Perryman on his radar for several years is about to move to Collingwood.

****ing ridiculous from Port to still have this guy in charge when heā€™s taking the top target to his new club instead.

We lost Tom Lynch in very Similar way

Curious as to why Hawthorn aren't said to be involved here still.

Priced out by other bids? Go back a few weeks before Collingwood were said to be involved, it sounded like the Hawks were in the box seat with a roughly 5 year 650k/y deal.

Now it's creeped up to 850k from port and the Pies? Pretty wild.

Money wouldn't be an issue for the Hawks given its reported they were the ones who offered the 12m for 8 years deal to Mac Andrew that forced the suns hand.

He may have thought it wasn't the right fit for him. He's a laid back country kid who loves fishing. Not sure the Hok ball guys would be his style.

Curious as to why Hawthorn aren't said to be involved here still.

Priced out by other bids? Go back a few weeks before Collingwood were said to be involved, it sounded like the Hawks were in the box seat with a roughly 5 year 650k/y deal.

Now it's creeped up to 850k from port and the Pies? Pretty wild.

Money wouldn't be an issue for the Hawks given its reported they were the ones who offered the 12m for 8 years deal to Mac Andrew that forced the suns hand.
They have already jagged two backmen with the Battle of Barris

I like Perryman, but I'm not upset if the Pies get him. $850k and 7 years is just crazy overs. I wouldnā€™t be shocked if the Pies shove him out in a few years like they did Treloar and Grundy.
Where are the mooted numbers coming from?

Does seem like well overs, always a premium for FA but even soā€¦

Hard to know what to believe though, I recall some of the media speculation on the Rats paycheque to be nowhere near reality

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to know what to believe though, I recall some of the media speculation on the Rats paycheque to be nowhere near reality

The 850k figure has been reported for quite some time now. Given there has been multiple clubs trying to get him. Hereā€™s an insert from Jon Ralph;

ā€˜Herald Sun journalist Jon Ralph reported on Fox Footyā€™s On the Couchthe Power have tabled Perryman a six-year deal worth as much as $850,000 per season ā€” with GWS and Hawthornā€™s offers not said to be as fruitful.ā€™

The 7 years I think was squashed that it was a games played trigger based thing for 7.

The offer from Port is 6/850k though from several reports.

Collingwood have a higher offer on the table according to all reports yesterday too. So likely something like 6/875k.

They were able to increase their offer after missing out on Mark Keane.

850k was the reported number Port were offering with 6 years + 1 with triggers. Journalists are reporting Pies are offering around the same.

Giants also claim theyā€™re likely to get band 1 for him. It's safe to say the offers are high.

Band 1 incoming. Thanks Pies.
Just beware the promise of more midfield time Pezā€¦ remember Zac Williams.
Zilliams was never capable of midfield minutes and Perryman wonā€™t he either outside of spot shifts here and there. Screams utility in McRaeā€™s system.

Must be nice being a big Vic club. Ports been into Perryman for years and then the Pies come calling at the eleventh hour šŸ˜©

Collingwood on our way to steal your prospects
johnny bravo GIF

...then they turn out to be Shulzes
Oh No Oops GIF by Sesame Street

Dixon, Ryder, Rockliff, Motlop,, Lycett, Aliir, Horne-Francis

Pretty sure being South Australian does not hold Port Adelaide back from securing players. Thatā€™s probably half the list in the last 10 years.

The 850k figure has been reported for quite some time now. Given there has been multiple clubs trying to get him. Hereā€™s an insert from Jon Ralph;

ā€˜Herald Sun journalist Jon Ralph reported on Fox Footyā€™s On the Couchthe Power have tabled Perryman a six-year deal worth as much as $850,000 per season ā€” with GWS and Hawthornā€™s offers not said to be as fruitful.ā€™

The 7 years I think was squashed that it was a games played trigger based thing for 7.

The offer from Port is 6/850k though from several reports.

Collingwood have a higher offer on the table according to all reports yesterday too. So likely something like 6/875k.

They were able to increase their offer after missing out on Mark Keane.

Yeah I guess I put a little less stock into journos reporting offers 'are as high as' - same journos were reporting the Rat's contract to be north of 800K, no?

Regardless, with the 25% cap increase its equivalent to a 650-700K contract of yesteryear, similar to what we paid for McStay, which had a lot of people wringing their hands at the time but in retrospect I think was good business.

Overs on face value for sure, but again, I probably put less credence in reported figures from journos than others, so can't get too worked up about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Harry Perryman [off to Collingwood]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back