Unrestricted Free Agent Harry Perryman [off to Collingwood]

Remove this Banner Ad

We're paying Harry more so GWS get band 1 compo so they look after us with the Peatling trade. ;)
Yeah, gotta get that 4 pick upgrade in an incredibly even draft, I'm sure it will come with a massive Peatling discount

$800k a year!!?? How can such an ordinary player get a contract worth $900k a year? Collingwood will not be able to fit his $1M a year salary and will have to pay half of his $1.1M a year salary for him to play elsewhere!
Because it will likely miraculously trigger band 1 compo. The clubs are 4 steps ahead of the afl.

$800k a year!!?? How can such an ordinary player get a contract worth $900k a year? Collingwood will not be able to fit his $1M a year salary and will have to pay half of his $1.1M a year salary for him to play elsewhere!
Not sure he's an ordinary player, but he'll never be a superstar.

I'm not sure he's the player Collingwood need either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great deal for Perryman. Nice work by his management.

Giants won’t miss him.

I’ll reserve judgement on the Pies side of the deal, but on face value it seems crazy for someone I’ve never thought of as anything other than an average footballer.
Good average role-player crazy money congrats Perryman set up for life.

One of the stupidest things I've read on here.
Well take the orange sunnies off firstly mate. Just because someone’s opinion differs to your narrow view doesn’t make it stupid.

Compo in the first place for free agents defies what a free agent is. Literally doesn’t happen in any other sport. Dilutes the draft again in top of how super compromised it already is.

I can maybe understand RFAs when clubs can match, but the compo system is a rort. Just get rid of it completely or make a new way outside of the draft that clubs can be compensated.

I can maybe understand RFAs when clubs can match
If anything it should be the other way around, where there's ONLY compensation for UFAs, not RFAs.

GWS could claim that they deserve compensation for Perryman as a UFA leaving because there is nothing they can do to stop him.

As it currently stands, if Perryman was a RESTRICTED free agent, and GWS had the right to match, they could actively choose not to match and let him walk, and still get free agency compensation? Why would you compensate a team who's actively choosing not to keep the player they apparently are so hard done by to lose?

Makes no sense - It'd be like if you saw a guy stealing your TV and you just watched him leave your house with it, declined to file a police report because you didn't care about that old TV anyway, and then your insurance company still paid out your claim on it being stolen. You have to at least pretend you still want the thing for anyone to compensate you for losing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Harry Perryman [off to Collingwood]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back